/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua's

Revert 2010
12-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Salaam, I wanted to know where I can find some Dua's as I would like to make a supplication for a friend who is going through some hardships.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
12-27-2010, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert 2010
Salaam, I wanted to know where I can find some Dua's as I would like to make a supplication for a friend who is going through some hardships.

Thanks

I can't give you any advice on particular du'as to remove hardships, but I remember the conditions/situations which are mustahhab (preferred) for du'as to be accepted/granted based on the qur'an and hadiths:

1. In the last third of the night. (QS. Adz-Dzariyat: 18-19 and HR. Al-Bukhari no. 1145, 6321 dan Muslim no. 758). So wake up in the middle of the night, make wudoo and perform a two rakaat of shalah tahajjud and make the du'a for your friend. You can make your du'a in any language most comfortable for you. The most important is sincerity. Make yourself cry if you can.
2. During the sujood/prostration is shalah. Allah is closest to His slaves during sujood (HR. Muslim).
3. After shalah fard (QS. Qaaf: 40 and HR. Tarmidzi). So, right after shalah fard, make dhikr (astgahfirullah, subhanallah, laa ilaaha ilallaahu Allaahu Akbar 10x or 33x), then proceed with mentioning the great names of Allah: Laa ilaaha ilallaahu Allaahu Akbar wahdahu laa syarikalah lahul mulku walahul hamd yuhyi wayumiitu wahuwa ala kulli syai'in qadir 3x) and then send salaam and shalawat to the prophet Muhammad SAW, and then make your du'as. do not forget to send salam and salawat again after you made your du'as.
4. In between adzan and iqamah while waiting for the for the shalah jamaah (HR. Ahmad dan Ibnu Hibban)
5. In between the khatib starts to sit down and the end of shalah jum'at (hadist Muslim dan Abu Dawud) or after the shalah asr on friday.
6. During the rain. This is the time when Allah sends down blessings through the malaikah
7. during fasting and When you are breaking the fast. So perform voluntary fastings, such as monday-thursday, or the middle three days of the hijriah month (13,14,15 hijriah).
8. During the great distress or oppressions. Allah grants the du'a from someone being oppressed. So it is important that your friend also make the du'as themselves.

Apart from those special conditions/times, there are also some general conditions where du'as are more mustahhab:
- in a state of wudoo
- wear clean clothes, free from najis
- free your heart from bad feelings/thoughts such as anger, envy, jealousy, etc
- make your heart soft and be extra humble but keep most sincere
- trust Allah to grant your du'a, never doubt that your dua will not be granted
- be patient
- perform many good deeds and shadaqah

May Allah grant your du'a for your friend. Amiin.

Ramadhan
12-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I forgot to ask if your friend is a muslim. If they are, then the du'a that was made by prophet Yunus (jonah) pbuh when he was in a great distress inside the big fish and asked Allah for forgiveness is a very powerful one (part of the QS. Anbiya: 87)

لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

la ilaha illa anta subhanaka inneekuntu mina aththalimeen

"There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!