/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith Plugin

~Raindrop~
12-27-2010, 12:42 AM
:sl:

A new plugin has been added which displays a random hadith from the book of tawheed of Sahih Bukhari (for the time being) at the top of the forum. This is only available in the new Element Blue Full Width skin currently.

In order to activate the hadith plugin, you'd have to edit your profile here (right at the bottom of the page) and make sure the 'show hadith' is set to yes (although for the first time, you'd have to click save even if it is already at yes in order for it to appear).

Btw, the skin shows best in FF and Chrome atm.. IE has some issues currently. Also need to iron out the UserCP display.

Feedback appreciated on both plugin and skin.

We're thinking of using Riyadh us Saliheen instead because of the commentary in which case we may need the help of our members in preparing the data.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
12-27-2010, 01:25 AM
^ Oh, nice. JazakiAllah Khair sis. :)

abu_zakariah
12-27-2010, 01:38 AM
jazakallah khair

~Raindrop~
12-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Ameen.

All credit goes to the brother who did the actual work- I just let everyone know =)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sawdah
12-27-2010, 02:46 AM
^ May Allah(SWT) reward that brother with good, ameen.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Woohoo! this is so nice, the theme, brings back the old memories of 3.8.2 version. :p Although the plugin needs some more tweaking, it is an intuitive idea for an Islamic forum. :thumbs_up:

Tilmeez
12-27-2010, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
You also have to answer the maths question on top, if you haven't already, to be able to save changes in profile.
... and that is so complicated math that uncle Woodrow had to use his old scientific calulator :X

Well, no worries for me :) I copied his answer :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
All credit goes to the brother who did the actual work
May Allah SWT reward that brother with the best for his efforts. My Salaams for him :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Is it possible to add the tiny smiley in the gender field, like it was in the previous version of forum?

Tilmeez
12-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Just for the information/correction:

The long ahadith are not showing completely. It needs some attention :ermm:

Alpha Dude
12-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Kakajee, are you using IE? IE has some probs atm. In firefox or chrome you should get a pop-up if you click read more.

It changes to a new hadith every 5 past the hour.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I am using Chrome and Firefox.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alpha Dude
12-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Interesting. Seems okay for me.

Is the zoom at default in your browser? Press CTRL+0

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Yea, it's okay, I never zoom the pages...:ermm:

Ramadhan
12-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Jazakallah khayr to everyone responsible for the hadith plugin, it is very beneficial.

Will it be available in other themes such as breeze.

I like element blue except that unlike other themes, in element blue the the titles of all threads are in bold, it does not differentiate between the threads that I have read and not read.
Or, can the good staff please made the small change to the element blue: the threads that have been read n bold, and the others in normal letter?

gohar98
12-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Well thanks.

Well its good to know.

Sounds good to my ears.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-28-2010, 08:19 AM
i think im going clicking the right fields, etc but it comes up with this message

You did not enter the correct format for the Answer the question field. Please read the field description for the expected format.
i cant see the "question field." it doesn't ask me to answer anything. or is the question field under the section: "Registration Required Information." is that what it means?

and just a suggestion. is it possible to have the hadiths in Arabic to accompany their translations as-well?

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
^ What's the point of having that question if admins give the answer away? ;D Bots can crawl over this forum too, right? :p

Tilmeez
12-28-2010, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
^ What's the point of having that question if admins give the answer away? Bots can crawl over this forum too, right?
Its not that easy, sunshine, specially when they have too many pig hunters in place :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!