/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christians and Muslims in Aberdeen share hospitality and prayer

glo
12-27-2010, 07:34 PM
A neighbouring church and mosque in Scotland have marked their friendship on Christmas Eve by opening their doors for simultaneous prayers, then sharing food with local people.

Friday 24 December was a holy day for Muslims as well as the night of Christmas, the birth of Christ, for Christians. The prayers were said and a common message shared at 1pm.

[...]

Imam Muhammad Abul Hassan, of Crown Street mosque, agreed. He pointed out that although Muslims do not celebrate Christmas, they honour Jesus as a key prophet of God and recognise his mother, Mary.

Hassan explained: “Based on today’s society, I think it’s very important for different religions to come together and understand each religion as it really is. We have misunderstanding of all kinds of religion and there is extremism but true Muslims look to have a multi-faith dialogue. We have that dialogue to understand the essence of true faith."

[...]

He added: “When we have the courage to break down the initial barriers, what comes out is quite amazing, how much we share in terms of the essence of faith. That brings joy because we discover we both believe in similar things. There’s no denying there are differences, but what emerges is that the similarities are greater than what is projected. I see more similarities than differences.”
Full article here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
12-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Greetings and peace be with you glo, I hope you nad your family feel blessed at this time,

but what emerges is that the similarities are greater than what is projected. I see more similarities than differences.”
Beyond a doubt, the same God who gave me a faith in Christianity, is the same God who gave people a faith in Islam, beyond a doubt, the same God hears all our prayers, despite our differences.

What ever we may think of each other, we are all part of the same God’s creation, and we have a duty to care for God’s creation, which means caring for each other.

Where are the problems in seeking interfaith cooperation for justice and peace for all people?

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace for all people

Eric

aadil77
12-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Nice, I'd like to see similar dialogues where I live, I know for a fact that there are good terms between masjids and churches over here. Some church leaders even let muslims use their churches when the masjids are packed out.

glo
12-28-2010, 07:42 PM
It's something I'd like to get involved in in my area too, aadil.
Very inspiring!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Nice article. There is a church and a mosque in my area, and there never have been problems.

Neelofar
12-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Salaams :D

Reading that made me feel kinda warm inside! Me likey :p

Zafran
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Salaam

thats good

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!