/* */

PDA

View Full Version : confusion over salat

elina
12-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi, can someone please help me with a couple of things i am confused about concerning salat. Firstly is Al-Fatihah, do i recite this at the start of every rakat? I have a book from the Mosque but some of it is worded in broken english and its not very clear. It seems to say i should recite Al-Fatihah at the start and end of the salat, for example in 2 rakat recite it in each or in a 3 or 4 rakat recite it at the first and last rakat. Also im trying to do salat in Arabic but at the minute i am unable to remember Al-Fatihah and Tashahud, so i am doing it in a mixture of English and Arabic, is this okay or should i stick to English until im able to do it all in Arabic? Thank you :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
asalam alaikum sister elina :)

check this out;
http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/pray.htm

elina
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Waleiykum assalam brother qatada

that is so helpful :)

Jazak Allah Khieran

أبو سليمان عمر
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
Hi, can someone please help me with a couple of things i am confused about concerning salat. Firstly is Al-Fatihah, do i recite this at the start of every rakat? I have a book from the Mosque but some of it is worded in broken english and its not very clear. It seems to say i should recite Al-Fatihah at the start and end of the salat, for example in 2 rakat recite it in each or in a 3 or 4 rakat recite it at the first and last rakat. Also im trying to do salat in Arabic but at the minute i am unable to remember Al-Fatihah and Tashahud, so i am doing it in a mixture of English and Arabic, is this okay or should i stick to English until im able to do it all in Arabic? Thank you :)
yes you read the fatiha on every raka here are some good sites read them in order insha Allah it would help

Salah (Prayers)Step by Step

Conditions of Salah

Pillars of Salaat

Waajibaat of Salaat

At-Tashahud – Its Meaning

Sunan Acts of As-Salaah

Invalidators of Salaat

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
elina
12-30-2010, 11:47 AM
thank you for the links :) unfortunately the first one isnt working properly at the minute, though i suspect thats a site problem :)

Muslim Woman
12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Salaam sis

are u a convert ?

elina
12-30-2010, 12:38 PM
salaam sis....yeah, i reverted recently :)

Ramadhan
12-30-2010, 02:04 PM
You need to recite Al Fatiha in every rakaat, during the standing position.

elina
12-30-2010, 03:15 PM
thank you :)

أبو سليمان عمر
12-30-2010, 06:58 PM
try it from this link insha Allah

http://islaambasics.wordpress.com/2009/07/06/18/

Those who cannot recite the Faatiha may say instead (Subhanah Allah, Al-Hamdulillah, and la Illaah Illallaah, Allaahu Akbar, and laa Hawlah wa Laa Quwata Illaa bil-laah) which means: I declare Allaah far removed from all imperfection, and deserving all the Praise, and that there is no true God other than Allaah).

elina
12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
thanks again.....and thanks for the alternative.....i think i will go with that until i learn the Fatihah properly as im familiar with all the words there :)

Samiro
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Be sure to use audio as well as text while youre learning. Hearing the audio will make it a lot easier for you. Look for Mishari Rashid al-`Afasy, he recites slowly and is pleasant to listen to. Inshallah it wont be too hard to hard, surah al fatiha is a lovely surah :)

elina
01-02-2011, 10:41 AM
thanks samiro....at the minute i cant load youtube to listen but will try again later..... ive been listening to a series of videos posted by someone on here, its really helping with my pronunciation (sadly i cant find the post to thank the person)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!