/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help With Urine Problem Affecting Prayer

questions123
12-29-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a urine problem. If i go to the toilet normally, a while later a few drops of urine come out. If i sit in the toilet and squeeze drops out, drops of urine do not come out later. Although i notice some moisture at the part where urine comes out from, but this is only visible when i spread the private part bit. When there is moisture inside the private part hole, but is not visible normally, is it okay to perform Wudu and pray. Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
12-30-2010, 12:53 AM
A sheikh talked about this in a khutbah, he recommended putting some tissue down there to absorb any drops

أبو سليمان عمر
12-30-2010, 01:31 AM
asalamu alaykum

akhi if this doesnt answer your question pls let me know and i will try to further explain

Ibn Maajah (464) narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did wudoo’ and sprinkled his private part. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (4/125):

The Hanafis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis stated that when a person has finished washing his private part with water (istinja’), it is mustahabb for him to sprinkle his private part or his trousers with a little water, so as to prevent waswaas, because when he feels any wetness he will think that it is because of the water that he sprinkled, unless he is certain of the contrary. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (21/106):

With regard to thoroughly inspecting the penis by squeezing it etc, all of that is an innovation which is neither required nor recommended according to the imams of the Muslims. Similarly, pulling the penis is also an innovation according to the correct view, and that was not prescribed by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Squeezing out urine is also an innovation which was not enjoined by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The hadeeth which is narrated concerning that is da’eef (weak) and has no basis. Urine comes out naturally, and when it stops naturally, it is as they say, like an udder: if you leave it alone, it will settle down, but if you pull at it, it will flow.

Every time a person opens his penis, something will come out of it, whereas if he leaves it alone nothing will come out. He may even imagine that something has come out – which is waswaas. If the tip of his penis touches his clothes when they are cold, he may think that something has come out when it has not.

There may be urine at the base of penis and if the penis or private part is squeezed with a rock or finger, etc., some wetness may come out. This is also an innovation. That standing urine does not need to be expelled, according to the consensus of the scholars, whether with a stone, a finger or anything else. Rather every time it comes out, more comes, because it keeps leaking all the time. Cleaning oneself with stones (istijmaar) is sufficient and there is no need to also wash the penis with water. But it is mustahabb for the one who cleans himself with water (istinja’) to sprinkle some water on his private part, then if he feels some wetness he can say that it is from this water. End quote.

aadil77
12-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't see how trying to prevent becoming najaas is an innovation. I know it could be thoughts from shaytaan - but most of the time people will be sure and we have to be careful as remember this hadith:

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by two graves and said, “They are being punished, but they are not being punished for something that was difficult to avoid. One of them used to walk about spreading nameemah (malicious gossip) and the other used not to take care to avoid getting urine on himself.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (218) and Muslim (292).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
questions123
12-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the replies.

If i just go urine normally, and then leave, drops definetly come out later, that is why i try to get all the drops out and then leave so that drops do not exit. By doing this drops do not exit, but i notice there is like dampness inside the private part (which is only visible when i spread the private part tip to see far inside to the tiny hole where urine comes from).
Please advise me if it is okay to pray while inside the private part is slightly damp, but urine does not reach the skin of the private part.
Thanks

أبو سليمان عمر
12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't see how trying to prevent becoming najaas is an innovation. I know it could be thoughts from shaytaan - but most of the time people will be sure and we have to be careful as remember this hadith:

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by two graves and said, “They are being punished, but they are not being punished for something that was difficult to avoid. One of them used to walk about spreading nameemah (malicious gossip) and the other used not to take care to avoid getting urine on himself.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (218) and Muslim (292).
akhi what this means is becarful when you urine meaning where and how dont let it splash over you nothing in this hadeeth contradicts what the shaykhan said Barak Allah feek find a place that soaks it rather the splashes etc

Please advise me if it is okay to pray while inside the private part is slightly damp, but urine does not reach the skin of the private part.
if it doesnt reach the outside then it is fine and if you doubt that it did reach then this is more then likely waswas and ignore it that is why u are advised to sprinkle water on the privte area so the waswas wont occur this is what the hadeeth means but if you sprikle water and then know for sure that something came out make wudu again and wash that area of the cloths other wise ignore it

questions123
12-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the reply.

By outside do you mean the outside visible skin of the private part?.

Thank you so much for your help.

tigerkhan
12-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Asalamolikum
bro i think u should consult some scholar for this very personal issue. if u dont have a physical contact, then u may use online fatwa site like Islam online and islam Q&A. i see most member here used these site however i had never bcz i had physical contach with many Aalims.
JazakAllah

sabr*
12-31-2010, 02:49 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

No need to reinvent the wheel. Practicing Muslims have a guide in Quran and Sunnah.

It appears you are having what is called emotional urethral discharge.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 269:

Narrated 'Ali:

I used to get emotional urethral discharge frequently. Being the son-in-law of the Prophet I requested a man to ask him about it. So the man asked the Prophet about it. The Prophet replied, "Perform ablution after washing your organ (penis)."
__________________________________________________ _______________

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 249:

Narrated Maimuna:

(the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle performed ablution like that for the prayer but did not wash his feet. He washed off the discharge from his private parts and then poured water over his body. He withdrew his feet from that place (the place where he took the bath) and then washed them. And that was his way of taking the bath of Janaba.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 260:

Narrated Maimuna:

The Prophet took the bath of Janaba. (sexual relation or wet dream). He first cleaned his private parts with his hand, and then rubbed it(that hand) on the wall (earth) and washed it. Then he performed ablution like that for the prayer, and after the bath he washed his feet.
__________________________________________________ __________________

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 216:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever the Prophet went to answer the call of nature, I used to bring water with which he used to clean his private parts.
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 154:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy used to carry a tumbler full of water (for cleaning the private parts) and an 'Anza (spear-headed stuck).
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 152:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy used to accompany him with a tumbler full of water. (Hisham commented, "So that he might wash his private parts with it.)"

Jazakumullahu Khair

questions123
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Thank you to everyone for the replies :).

Hamza Asadullah
01-31-2011, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by questions123
Thank you to everyone for the replies :).
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Urine drops after relieving oneself is a common problem. It is pointless to make an effort to release every drop of urine and in fact will cause pain and frustration. You should relieve yourself normally and wash thereafter. Sprinkle some water on your undergarment to avoid suspicion.

This is prescribed by Jibraeel(AS) for the Ummah. The mere feeling of urine drops should be ignored and attributed to the wetness of the undergarment. Be rest assured your wudhu is intact ad your salah is valid. There is no need for you to be depressed any further if you follow the above.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...0046&act=print

questions123
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Urine drops after relieving oneself is a common problem. It is pointless to make an effort to release every drop of urine and in fact will cause pain and frustration. You should relieve yourself normally and wash thereafter. Sprinkle some water on your undergarment to avoid suspicion.

Hi,

But if i know that urine drops will come out if i havn't made an effort to release every drop of urine, wouldn't my Wudu be invalid. Although it does sometimes frustrate me on how long it takes me to go urine and release every drop (around 10 mins) but i want my Wudu and Salah to be valid. As when i was going urine normally, a little while after drops would come out, thats why i started spending so much time squeezing all the drops out to ensure that no drops come out later.

Recently my problem has sort of gone away, and if i go urine normally without spending time to release every drop, i notice that no urine comes out itself anymore, but if i touch or slightly squeeze/press my private part at the front, a small bit of urine comes out.
So i am unsure whether i should stop spending so much time squeezing each drop of urine out, and just go urine normally, just in case a drop comes out while i am praying.

Thank you.

Hamza Asadullah
02-09-2011, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by questions123
Hi,

But if i know that urine drops will come out if i havn't made an effort to release every drop of urine, wouldn't my Wudu be invalid. Although it does sometimes frustrate me on how long it takes me to go urine and release every drop (around 10 mins) but i want my Wudu and Salah to be valid. As when i was going urine normally, a little while after drops would come out, thats why i started spending so much time squeezing all the drops out to ensure that no drops come out later.

Recently my problem has sort of gone away, and if i go urine normally without spending time to release every drop, i notice that no urine comes out itself anymore, but if i touch or slightly squeeze/press my private part at the front, a small bit of urine comes out.
So i am unsure whether i should stop spending so much time squeezing each drop of urine out, and just go urine normally, just in case a drop comes out while i am praying.

Thank you.
Asalaamu Alaikum, My brother a lot of the times this is mere Waswas (whispers from shaythan). Shaythans aim is to keep reminding you about this so that you get paranid and end up ruining your prayers because of the constant worry all of the time.

Once you have urinated just simply squeeze out a couple of times as there is no need to do it more than that and then wash and be done with it. As stated in my last post sprinkle some water in your under garments so that you do not feel that urine has come out.

And Allah knows best in all matters

questions123
02-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I understand what you are saying, but i have tested by going urine normally and then waiting and after a while a little drop of urine comes out, its not happenning as much as it did before. So to stay clean, i spend time to squeeze drops of urine out when ever i go to the toilet, and then urine dosn't come out.

Thank you.

sumama
01-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Assalmao alikum my friend :-)
Actually I have a problem same as my above brothers have so can I just wash my anus and don't care about the drops and wear pants..plzzz reply

Zagawoyo
01-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Don't worry it is okay to perform Wudu and pray while you're having your problems.

sunnyhayat
01-29-2016, 08:46 AM
I also have same problem and now I am putting tissue paper at each voiding.
Also I change uncerwear before prayers.
Is it ok?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!