/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need understand with .......

nutty
12-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Assalamun alaikum

I learning Arabic and learnt about jumlah ismiyyah - nominal sentence.

I read here http://muslimmatters.org/2008/01/07/...-of-the-quran/

that Alhamduilah is jumlah ismiyyah
What i wanted to ask is:-

Alhamdu illah

Is Alhamdu- mubtadah
for Allah - illah - khabar

Isnt Allah a noun so how can alhamdu be a noun isnt alhamd it a adjective

What about Allahu Akbar is the jumlah ismiyyah.. Allahu being mubtadah adn akbar being khabar......

interesting stuff all these..:-)

I hope some1 can help me understand this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Alhamdu illah
It's alhamdu lillah, you've missed out the laam.

Is Alhamdu- mubtadah
for Allah - illah - khabar
AlHamdu (lit. the praise) is mubtadah and lillaah, which is li (for/belongs to) + Allah, is khabar.

Isnt Allah a noun so how can alhamdu be a noun isnt alhamd it a adjective
They are both nouns, there is no adjective here. AlHamdu is a definite noun, and literally means "al (the) Hamdu (praise)", though the meaning of 'al' as in the phrase alHamdu is given in the link you gave. Remember that the khabar is not the noun Allah, but the partial sentence lillah, meaning, "belongs to Allah".

What about Allahu Akbar is the jumlah ismiyyah.. Allahu being mubtadah adn akbar being khabar......
Yes.

Hope that helps a bit.

:sl:

nutty
12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
They are both nouns, there is no adjective here. AlHamdu is a definite noun, and literally means "al (the) Hamdu (praise)", though the meaning of 'al' as in the phrase alHamdu is given in the link you gave. Remember that the khabar is not the noun Allah, but the partial sentence lillah, meaning, "belongs to Allah".

Jazak-Allah sister.....this makes sense now....May Allah help me understand the language better and His beautiful Quran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!