/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Aqeedah the first place to start for beginners learning about islam?

searchin4light
12-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Salaam all

insh hoping to start attending some courses on Islam as I feel my lack of knowledge beyond naming the 5pillars of Islam is not sufficentl and may explain my lack of committement to my deen and prayer. Can any 1 suggest what is the best first step to learning about Islam. I believe there is an aqeedah course on what is islam and what muslims believe starting soon and was wondering at £40.00 if this is worth it as a starting point?

Some info: I really need to connect back and understand Islam and need to start all over so please bear this in mind if any 1 has any recommendations for a starting point.

W.s and thnxs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
01-01-2011, 01:14 AM
salaam

Creed of Imam Thawi - all sunnis muslims accept it

peace

أبو سليمان عمر
01-01-2011, 02:32 AM
naam sis aqeedah is important very important i cant tell you it is worth 40 or not due to the fact of what aqeedah you are going into learn you should make sure that the aqeedah of the place is sound before going Insha Allah

Ummu Sufyaan
01-01-2011, 09:03 AM
:sl:
i think aqeedah is a good place to start.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
searchin4light
01-01-2011, 06:52 PM
salaam all

Jzk for your replies. Indeed iman Thawi is what will be taught at Ebrahim's college insh. I was told by others that I should start with a more basic introduction to islam as aqeedah is a lil complexed and should be the second step and not the first? any suggestions for what would be good starter, i thought aqeedah was the first?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-03-2011, 08:59 AM
salaam all

Jzk for your replies. Indeed iman Thawi is what will be taught at Ebrahim's college insh. I was told by others that I should start with a more basic introduction to islam as aqeedah is a lil complexed and should be the second step and not the first? any suggestions for what would be good starter, i thought aqeedah was the first?
i think learning Arabic would probably be the very first place aswell.

Ramadhan
01-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Aqeedah is definitely the most important part of Islam.
Understanding aqeedah will make it easy to understand also the Qur'an and may make it easy to perform ibada, especially shalah.
Whats most is your niyat. If you think by learning aqeedah can help you in your deen, then by all means.
Investing in good books on sirah nabawiyah would also be good for understanding your deen, methinks.

Ramadhan
01-06-2011, 07:12 AM
:sl:

I just found out about this free workshops in another thread which perfectly suits your need.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...edah-code.html

http://peacepropagation.com/2011/01/...16th-jan-2011/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!