/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this shirk? Please respond! :(

Aishath
01-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Asalaamu alaykum,

First off, thank you for taking the time to read this. May Allah (swt) bless all of you.

Secondly, I would also like to point out that I do suffer from a lot of waswas. I was talking on msn to a friend of mine and said something and had a thought of shirk that there is more than one god subhanAllah. The thing is, I am getting a bit better at identifying waswas. However, this thought, I actually do think I thought it on purpose. Not because I believed in it, because I honestly don't. But because I once saw something where someone said I swore to all my gods or something along those lines and I once vaguely recall reading about a waswas someone got, perhaps not on these forums.

Anyway, I just remembered these things and thought this thought on purpose but I did not believe in it one bit at all! Insha Allah, I have repented. However, when I first came on these forums, I would feel really really bad when I get thoughts of kufr etc and when I repent, I would be crying and panicking a lot. Insha Allah, I don't panic as much as I did back then and I am so grateful for that. However, I keep worrying that I am just brushing off too many things as waswas. I did repent and I genuinely meant it when I say I do not believe this thing that I thought on purpose. However, I keep feeling like I did commit shirk and even when I was repenting, I kept feeling like I haven't made a ghusl or really come back into Islam and therefore my deeds would not be accepted. These feelings were not as bad as they have sometimes been in the past so I am feeling calmer about it, BUT it is still at the back of my mind. :exhausted

Also, I am in the middle of my kaffarah fasting now and I feel like shirk would have affected all of that too.

Even though I thought this on purpose, since I did not believe in it at all, does this mean I might not have committed shirk?

May Allah bless you for your time. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!