/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Near Death Experiences

dB-Paradox
01-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi,

I'm not a Muslim, and I don't live in an Islamic society, so forgive me for my apparent ignorance. But I am wondering if Muslims have ever had a near death experience in which they either see the flames of hell, or light of heaven. Are there any stories as such that you can share, or point me in the right direction? Thank you kindly!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-01-2011, 08:13 AM
:sl:

I've heard of near death experience. Not sure what the Islamic view is. I think the light is caused by the brain but I'm not sure.

IAmZamzam
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
In my lesser days I've experienced the majority of the defining traits of NDE's while high off my gourd on DXM, some of them several times. Though probably not all at once. It's just something your brain does in certain conditions. No one can really see the hereafter and come back. If these folks weren't fully braindead then you can't say they had died at all and any movement into an afterlife of any sort would be premature, whereas if they had truly died then they wouldn't be sitting here alive telling you about it. If any of their brain is still alive (which, again, must be the case) then it's probably the brain itself giving them their odd perceptions, given the connections with psychedelic drugs. Even those who have already died haven't seen heaven or hell yet: they're still in ak-barzakh. None of us will see any of it until we all see it together come Judgment Day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!