/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Bears to Gaza

sister herb
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Salam alaykum

I am looking for teddy bears here... or people whose might be able to send teddys or any other toys to kids to Gaza.

They goes to kids whose lost all they toys during last war in Gaza (2008/2009) via next Turkish aid ship (Mavi Marmara) or by Free Gaza Movement.

I will send later contacts to Mavi Marmara or Free Gaza to this thread.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Wa' alaikum salam.

Do Israelis allow Teddy Bear and other dolls entering Gaza ?.

GuestFellow
01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
:sl:

I would not be surprised if some Israeli's say that the teddy bears are a threat to their national security...

sister herb
01-02-2011, 12:05 PM
No no, teddy bears as any other dolls are on black list (things not allowed to send to Gaza). As well wheelchairs, books and paper.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I would be happy to knit some teddies or toys, sister harb, but it would take me a little while.
Would anybody care to join me?
I am sure I can find some free patterns on the Internet.

سيف الله
01-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Salaam

Good luck in your endeavour :statisfie

Rabi'ya
01-02-2011, 01:26 PM
:sl:

Good Luck sister Harb......How can we donate them?

sister herb
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I would be happy to knit some teddies or toys, sister harb, but it would take me a little while.
Would anybody care to join me?
I am sure I can find some free patterns on the Internet.

glo
01-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I found a free knitting and crochet pattern for 'teddies for tragedies', if anybody is interested. Downloads are available on the website.

Sister harb, I am knitting something else at the moment, but I will try the teddy pattern next and let you know how I get on with it.

AhlaamBella
01-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Wait, I don't mean to be a buzz-kill because I think this is a beautiful idea MashaAllah, may Allah reward you all.

However, if they aren't allowing teddy bears into Gaza why not spend your time and effort sending aid that won't be destroyed or taken by the Israelis? I can just see the soldiers ripping into the bears searching for weapons or bombs.

Hannah.
01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
glo, some really cute teddy bears you got there!

I think Ahlaambella is right, we should look into other types of aid that isn't black-listed and prone to be destroyed by Israeli soldiers..

glo
01-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I sincerely hope that AhlaamBella and Believe.x are wrong ... imsad
What do others think? Is it worth trying to pursue this? Or would I be better off selling teddy bears here in the UK and sending the money as a donation?
(Sister harb, what do you think?)

Believe.x, those are not my bears - only a picture I found on the website.

However, I knitted my first bear, and here it is:

Cabdullahi
01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Can i build a pc and send it with the monitor and everything...or is that too extreme

glo
01-27-2011, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Can i build a pc and send it with the monitor and everything...or is that too extreme
As long as it is a knitted pc and monitor! :D

Cabdullahi
01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
As long as it is a knitted pc and monitor! :D
I cannot knit to save my life.

knitting for me is probably as difficult as it is for glo to build a pc

Hannah.
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Aww thats such a good attempt glo! I wish I could knit like that.

sister herb
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM

I have now contact to IHH volunteers whose receive teddy bears to Gaza. If you have some teddy looking for new home, send me pm.

sister herb
04-30-2011, 11:31 AM
All teddies have got to IHH boats. I thank all whose sended them or other toys to Gazan kids.

If you have more, you are free to send them. They too go to Gaza.

Just PM to me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!