/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The media.

Watcher888
01-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Which of the various worldwide media outlets, are in the eyes of islam, the only ones to be trusted and reliable?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
We don't completely distrust news that comes out of western media, but we will think twice before accepting any news regarding muslim 'terror' attacks, especially if those media outlets are from the same countries that are at war with us.

When a country is at war with you they will use all kinds of tactics to get support against you, the use of false flag attacks is a well known tactic, as well as media censorship.

Watcher888
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
We don't completely distrust news that comes out of western media, but we will think twice before accepting any news regarding muslim 'terror' attacks, especially if those media outlets are from the same countries that are at war with us.

When a country is at war with you they will use all kinds of tactics to get support against you, the use of false flag attacks is a well known tactic, as well as media censorship.
Yes, I agree that you cannot completely trust the western media.
And in the dark and murky area of world/national politics, I do not trust politicians at all!

But, I would like to know if there are any islamically approved muslim media outlets?

aadil77
01-02-2011, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Watcher888
Yes, I agree that you cannot completely trust the western media.
And in the dark and murky area of world/national politics, I do not trust politicians at all!

But, I would like to know if there are any islamically approved muslim media outlets?
nope, not any that have been approved by scholars,

there aren't any muslim media outlets as such that report using islamic guidelines, but personally I think al jazeera and press tv do an ok job

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Which of the various worldwide media outlets, are in the eyes of islam, the only ones to be trusted and reliable?
None really. I personally like BBC, Al Jazeera, Press TV, RT and The Real News Network.

Perseveranze
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I personally like Al-Jazeera, they still report on places people have forgotten about where innocents are suffering such as Chechnya.

Amadeus85
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I reccomend David Duke videos from YouTube, which present the dangers of zionism and judaism to both muslim and christian populations.

GuestFellow
01-02-2011, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
I reccomend David Duke videos from YouTube, which present the dangers of zionism and judaism to both muslim and christian populations.
But isn't David Duke the former Grand Wizard of the KKK?

ChargerCarl
01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
None really. I personally like BBC, Al Jazeera, Press TV, RT and The Real News Network.
Same

Also Reuters and The New York Times.

ChargerCarl
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
And the Wall Street Journal

Woodrow
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
All media is biased. In countries where it is under control of the country, it will show predominatly the views that favor that country. In countries that favor free press, it's goal will be the advertising dollar so it will show the views desired by the paid advertisers.

It is best to look at the same story from multiple sources.

GuestFellow
01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joedawun
Same question as above
I never said there was a Jewish danger. I should make myself clear. I don't trust David Duke at all, especially after his connections with Nick Griffin.

I meant that there might be an element of truth to what he says but I believe he has distorted the truth.

Like the Palestinian and Israeli conflict. It is a controversial conflict and both sides sometimes distort the truth. Some people might say something that has an element of truth to it but they have distorted it.

That is what I meant. Hope I made myself clear.

Woodrow
01-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Those of us who have ever lived in Louisiana and are familiar with David Duke I would like to add: If you are not a Fundamental Protestant, Militant, White Supremacist He will hate you even more than he hates Jews and you can be assured he will be speaking the same of you when he gets tired of speaking about Jews.. Just because he dislikes Jews does not mean he is a friend of Muslims,he hates us also.

Sigma
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't think any can really be judged as totally unbiased.

Trumble
01-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Former yes, but so what, most important is that he speaks of jewish danger.
No, what matters most is that he is a racist, antisemitic sc*mbug.

Sometimes an ad hominem is justified.

Zafran
01-04-2011, 01:21 AM
IB - best media................Joking

aamirsaab
01-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I lol. I lol hard. So hard, my lol evolves into an Lmao. After exposure to a firestone, the lmao further evolves into it's final form: roflmao.

Watch john pilger's The war you don't see. Check his site out too: I win the internet

Watcher888
01-04-2011, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
All media is biased. In countries where it is under control of the country, it will show predominatly the views that favor that country. In countries that favor free press, it's goal will be the advertising dollar so it will show the views desired by the paid advertisers.

It is best to look at the same story from multiple sources.
Sound advice, and with an open mind that seeks only the truth!

Woodrow
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TheRationalizer
If that is the case, is hate speech tolerated here or does it normally get deleted?
It is not tolerated from any member. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I did not notice it.

smile
01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
al-jazeera
press tV

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!