01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.mashahd.net/view_video.ph...ca64aa9b9cc1bf

watch the video.. enjoy!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
:sl:

That is interesting. I never knew the Burka/Niqaab was worn in Europe in the past.

Abdul-Raouf
01-03-2011, 04:35 PM
im surprised.....and i want to know the purpose behind - as to why they were wearing those?

1916 is the year i can see...which country is that?

جوري
01-03-2011, 05:42 PM
It looks like England but I could be mistaken..

where are the European on board to tell us how uncivilized or that expat who lives in Cyprus who believes that if there were a god he wouldn't want folks to dress this way?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-03-2011, 05:47 PM
maybe women were respected more back at that time in those particular areas and Allaah knows best

maybe they were more aware of modesty

but interesting video

Trn2allah
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
One point worth noting; Christian women used to veil for funerals and still do on many ceremonial occasions including weddings..

Zafran
01-04-2011, 01:41 AM
salaam

that seemed like the Kaiser - are they German during ww1? Could Be UK though?

Intresting find though

peace

جوري
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I just found out that this was in Austria ..

:w:

سيف الله
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Salaam

Ahhhhhhh and bah I should of said, I was sure it wasnt from the UK but I debated whether it was from either Germany, Austro-Hungarian empire or Russia.

I didnt think it was from Germany due to its Protestant traditions so my 'bet' was between Austro-Hungarian (Catholic) empire or Russia (Orthodox).

Thank for clearing that up!

Rabi'ya
02-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeh, it doesnt look like UK......

Cabdullahi
02-03-2011, 10:27 PM
The guy humming like they do in horror movies the black and white colour and the people just gliding in slow motion just freaked me out im not going get any sleep tonight :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!