/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I really need advice.

Musalman
01-03-2011, 03:06 PM
:salambox:
Brothers and sisters!
My question is that can we take revenge and is it jaiz in Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

As far as i am aware the Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allaah swt be unto him) never took revenge.

Anyhow these are some ayaah and hadeeth:

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 836:
Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle never took revenge for his own self in any matter presented to him till Allah's limits were exceeded, in which case he would take revenge for Allah's sake.

[narrated in Sahih al bukhaari.]

"The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend." [Al Quraan 41:34]

"The recompense for an evil is an evil like thereof, but whoever forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah. Verily, He likes not the Zalimun (oppressors, polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)." [Al Quraan 42:40]

There are many more ayaah and hadeeth that relate to this.
According to these ayaah and hadeeth it makes it clear that revenge is not permissable in Islaam or prescribed in Islaam.

hope i helped insha`Allaah, if not i hope someone more knowledgable can provide you with more information.

peace

Musalman
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!