/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do Dhikr with fingers! Not Tasbeeh

Samiun
01-03-2011, 10:19 PM
:sl:, have you caught yourself using the tasbeeh with the excuse of "I can count the zikr easily with it"? Or using it's just to make someone look cool and look like a person who knows really well about the deen when they're not? Or do you just have problems and lost count easily by using fingers? Well fear no more my brothers and sisters, I'm not sure if it has been posted here, but I found a way to count Dhikr by using fingers with an easy way! I got it from my brother actually, so I'm going to share this method with all of you. You don't need to use two hands, you can just use one.

Each of our finger at our palm has some cross out veins. Likewise, we're going to use four of it to count a Dhikr which is is the index finger, middle finger, ring finger and pinky finger. Each finger has three cross out veins, it depends actually, some of us may even have 4 cross out veins at the thumb but let's just stick with 3. You would also need to combine them with the tip of your finger. Now, count your zikr by using them, you are going to need to be repeatedly using them by using your thumb against them. After you finished a round(until the end of your pinky finger), you have manage to complete 16 Dhikrs. Well repeat it two times and you'll realize you had done 32 Dhikrs, Just add another Dhikr then you have completed 33x Dhikr! Simple isn't it?

If you aim to count dhikr with your fingers until 100x, just repeat them 6 times then add another four.

Sorry for my bad english! I'll post a video if requested.

Cross out veins : http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/619/righthand.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6571/righthand2z.jpg

(3) Narrated Yusayrah, mother of Yasir: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded them (the women emigrants) to be regular (in remembering Allah by saying): "Allah is most great"; "Glory be to the King, the Holy"; "there is no god but Allah"; and that they should count them on fingers, for they (the fingers) will be questioned and asked to speak. (Book #8, Hadith #1496)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
01-04-2011, 03:35 AM
nice reminder.....

~ Sabr ~
05-04-2012, 02:50 PM
:salamext:

:bump:.......Also remember that your fingers will bear witness either for you or against you on the Day of Judgement, so it's better to read Tasbih on fingers.

IslamicRevival
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Why not Tasbeeh? What a strange post

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
^ Not really.

Narrated Yusayrah, mother of Yasir: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded them (the women emigrants) to be regular (in remembering Allah by saying): "Allah is most great"; "Glory be to the King, the Holy"; "there is no god but Allah"; and that they should count them on fingers, for they (the fingers) will be questioned and asked to speak. (Book #8, Hadith #1496)

Tawangar
05-05-2012, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl:, have you caught yourself using the tasbeeh with the excuse of "I can count the zikr easily with it"? Or using it's just to make someone look cool and look like a person who knows really well about the deen when they're not? Or do you just have problems and lost count easily by using fingers? Well fear no more my brothers and sisters, I'm not sure if it has been posted here, but I found a way to count Dhikr by using fingers with an easy way! I got it from my brother actually, so I'm going to share this method with all of you. You don't need to use two hands, you can just use one.

Each of our finger at our palm has some cross out veins. Likewise, we're going to use four of it to count a Dhikr which is is the index finger, middle finger, ring finger and pinky finger. Each finger has three cross out veins, it depends actually, some of us may even have 4 cross out veins at the thumb but let's just stick with 3. You would also need to combine them with the tip of your finger. Now, count your zikr by using them, you are going to need to be repeatedly using them by using your thumb against them. After you finished a round(until the end of your pinky finger), you have manage to complete 16 Dhikrs. Well repeat it two times and you'll realize you had done 32 Dhikrs, Just add another Dhikr then you have completed 33x Dhikr! Simple isn't it?

If you aim to count dhikr with your fingers until 100x, just repeat them 6 times then add another four.

Sorry for my bad english! I'll post a video if requested.

Cross out veins : http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/619/righthand.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6571/righthand2z.jpg
Salamu alaikum brother.
Thanks for the post. I just wanted to clarify that using the tasbeeh is allowed while it is preferable to count on fingers.
Wa salam.

Samiun
05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
Salamu alaikum brother.
Thanks for the post. I just wanted to clarify that using the tasbeeh is allowed while it is preferable to count on fingers.
Wa salam.
:sl: thanks for the clarification, I thought it was haram using tasbeeh when I posted this... based on some fatwa on islam-qa

AhlaamBella
05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
EDIT: Can't find the hadith I mentioned, better not mention it till I find it :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
yes its good to use fingers but if you take a khatam and make niyyah to recite a certain amount of dhikr for a duration or when you simply arent in a place to sit and recite dhikr then it really does become necessary to use a tasbeeh.

Imâm al-Suyût.î recounted in one of his fatwas entitled al-Minh.a fîl-Sibh.a (“The Profit In Dhikr-Beads”) the story of ‘Ikrima, who asked his teacher ‘Umar al-Mâlikî about dhikr-beads. The latter replied that he had also asked about it his teacher al-H.asan al-Bas.rî who replied: “Something we have used at the beginning of the road we are not desirous to leave at the end. I love to remember Allâh with my heart, my hand, and my tongue.” Al-Suyût.î comments: “And how should it be otherwise, when the dhikr-beads remind one of Allâh Most High, and a person seldom sees dhikr-beads except he remembers Allâh, which is among the greatest of its benefits.”[1][1] Abû Hurayra possessed a thread with two thousand knots and would not sleep until he had used it all for dhikr.[2][2] He said: “Verily, I make glorifica_tion (tasbîh.) of Allâh Almighty every day accord_ing to my ransom (qadar diyyatî), twelve thousand times.”[3][3]
[1][1]Al-Suyût.î, al-H.âwî lîl-Fatâwâ. Cf. section on dhikr-beads in al-Shawkânî’s Nayl al-Awt.âr (2:316-317) and Zakariyyâ al-Kandihlawî’s H.ayât al-S.ah.âba. Albânî’s astounding claim that whoever carries dhikr-beads in his hand to remember Allâh is misguided and innovating was refuted in Mah.mûd Mamdûh.’s Wus.ûl al-Tahânî bi Ithbât Sunniyyat al-Sibh.a wal-Radd ‘alâ al-Albânî (“The Alighting of Mutual Be_nefit and the Confirmation that Dhikr-Beads are a Sunna in Refutation of Albânî”). Another refutation was published by H.âmid Mirzâ Khân al-Firghânî al-Namnakânî in the seventh of his al-Masâ’il al-Tis‘ (Madîna: Maktabat al-Îmân, 1985) p. 44-48.

[2][2]Narrated by Abû Nu‘aym in the H.ilya (1:383) and al-Dhahabî in the Siyar (Risâla ed. 2:623) and Tadhkira (1:35)

[3][3]Narrated by Abû Nu‘aym in the H.ilya (1:383), al-Bayhaqî in the Sunan (8:79), Ibn H.azm in al-Muh.allâ (10:396), Ibn al-Jawzî in S.ifat al-S.afwa (1:691), al-Dhahabî in the Siyar (Risâla ed. 2:610) and Tadhkirat al-H.uffâz. (1:35), Ibn Rajab in Jâmi‘ al-‘Ulûm wal-H.ikam, and Ibn H.ajar in the Is.âba (7:442) where he said that Ibn Sa‘d narrates it with a sound chain in his T.abaqât.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!