/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nation of Islam

allahuakbar90
01-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Asalamualekum,

I was just wondering what people think of the nation of islam and if they think they are considered real muslims. From what I have heard it is far from islam and is blasphemous and I dont see how they should be able to call themselves muslims. It actually makes me wonder how stupid certain people can be to believe in the nation of islam, but I think it is more like a statement for african-americans back in the day. I know muhammad ali was from the nation of islam, but now i think he follows the real islam mashallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
They aren't muslims, most of the famous people you hear of joining NOI end up converting to islam afterwards, like; Muhammad Ali, Malcolm x etc.

Theres very few left, when the main leader of NOI converted to islam the whole of NOI nearly collapsed, loads of members became muslim.

Woodrow
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
At the time the NOI was started Islam was almost completely unknown in the US. Racial hatred was atit'speak not only did White People hate non-Whites, Non-Whites also hated Whites and every thing about white people. Christianity was seen as a White Man's belief forced upon non-white people. It was thought Islam was an African religion and for Africans. That brought about it's rapid acceptance by African Americans. The NOI was very much anti White and in it's early years forbid white people from Joining it,while the NOI did contain some truths about Islam it was very much confused as to what Islam truly is.

One bit of good did come from it. It did bring about knowledge that a religion called Islam does exist and many who started as NOI did eventually come to Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!