/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Web Design... Help?

Tyrion
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm sure we've got some web designers here, so I figured I'd ask if anybody knew of any good websites or books that could help get me started with web design basics? Actually, any kind of advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated... As well as some advice on where/how to start with something like photoshop... Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-04-2011, 12:38 PM
asalaam alaykum,

w3schools Is a useful website to start with. They set the standards for the web and the web content etc.
If you can't seem to get on with the tutorials there, personally... i'd google what it is you are after. So say you need a tutorial on css or php or photoshop, there are millions of these tutorials. Google "css tutorial" and you'll get lots of results, find a site, see if you can understand the tutorial style and away you go!

You could always download ebooks as well. I've got a subscription to safari books online, but that is around £35 a month, can't remember the cost in $$ sorry.

I don't have any other links I could share with you sorry. I mainly just use what I find online or use safari books.

I'm sure others can be of better help to you on here :)

S.Belle
01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
try looking for a book in the dummies collections
Like website design for dummies or photoshop for dummies
this is the best site ever http://hypergurl.com/
www.layoutcookbook.com is great for design inspirations once u really get into it. If you scroll down a bit there is a list of sites for tutorials as well.

Tyrion
01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. :D I'll definitely check them out. I tried looking through google before, but the thing is that there are so many different places to go, I wasn't sure which was the best, or where to start. :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!