/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to convert

anonymous
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi all,

I am young male from a dharmic faith. I have been very good friend with a Muslim sister, and I am wanting to spend the rest of my life with her. Before I can do that, there is something which is not allowing me to do so. My faith.

I have decided to take the big step and convert to the truth. Please do not get me wrong, I am not doing this just to be with her. I am doing this to reach Paradise one day Inshallah..

There are many obstacles which are not allowing me to do so. One being my family, I would not be able to confront them about this matter. Another being the community I am in now, which is predominately Muslim.

I have changed significantly since wanting to change. I listen to the Quran more often. I do more research to add to my broad knowledge of Islam.

Is there anyone who could give me some advice on what step to take next?

Thanks all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2011, 07:01 AM
im not entirely sure what is required of you tbh...perhaps going to an imam and explaining your situation may help???

in the meantime, this link could help as well.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11819/how%...ecome%20muslim

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-05-2011, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I am young male from a dharmic faith.
Dharmic faith? What's that?

Muhaba
01-05-2011, 07:54 AM
why is a predominantly muslim community an obstacle?

you shouldn't worry about your family. they shouldn't stop you from converting. however convert sincerely. try to learn about islam and slowly preach to your family. in the beginning, your changed behavior should affect them. Real Muslims have a very outstanding behavior as they don't lie, don't commit sins, try to help others, care about people, etc and that tends to affect nonmuslims. so your family might get interested in Islam simply by observing your new behavior. you can tell them about the islamic beliefs slowly, etc.

i hope that helps.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Salaam/Peace to you bro

Are u a Hindu ? U may read the convert stories of 2 Hindu bro & sis

here http://www.whyislam.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11928

Also as suggested , go to any mosque & talk to Imam , he can help. BTW
u don't have to announce it publicly if u fear threat . In ur home , just
utter the Shahada : there is no god but Allah ; Muhammed is His slave and messenger.
La Ilaha illahlah Muhammud Rasul Allah.

Ramadhan
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Check out http://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/
a lot of very helpful threads for new reverts

- Qatada -
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi :)

Please see this site for more info regarding your situation; http://muslimconverts.com

Hamza Asadullah
01-22-2011, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Hi all,

I am young male from a dharmic faith. I have been very good friend with a Muslim sister, and I am wanting to spend the rest of my life with her. Before I can do that, there is something which is not allowing me to do so. My faith.

I have decided to take the big step and convert to the truth. Please do not get me wrong, I am not doing this just to be with her. I am doing this to reach Paradise one day Inshallah..

There are many obstacles which are not allowing me to do so. One being my family, I would not be able to confront them about this matter. Another being the community I am in now, which is predominately Muslim.

I have changed significantly since wanting to change. I listen to the Quran more often. I do more research to add to my broad knowledge of Islam.

Is there anyone who could give me some advice on what step to take next?

Thanks all.
Asalaamu Alaikum, how is your situation now brother?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!