/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I need help...

Isamisthedeen
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM
The other day an atheist was trying to argue on youtube about a few scientific contradictions in the Qur'an and using one example where he said the Qur'an is innacurate in saying that semen comes from the backbone and rib bone as chapter 86 verses 5-7 state... However, I realized that there is deep meaning behind these verses and I must research them, in the process of researching someone said the backbone's job was to produce semen and I said this can't be true, however I later found out that it's not talking about production but rather PROCEDING from that patricular area.... Aka the epidiymis... Now during this whole situation I felt a very uncomfortable feeling inside of my heart... I felt like doubt was instilled in me and I hated it... And I know they say this is the work of shaitan, but is it true that shaitan can make it look like it is you doing comitting kufr while you're really not? please help, i'm afraid i've lost my good deeds because of this... I researched the situation to get a better understanding and felt very nerve wrecked and scared from this doubt that I tried to get rid of... Please help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isamisthedeen
01-11-2011, 12:57 AM
So I guess there is no one to help or offer advice?

GreyKode
01-11-2011, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isamisthedeen
So I guess there is no one to help or offer advice?

Hang in there, I am here for u brother.

GreyKode
01-11-2011, 01:36 AM
The other day an atheist was trying to argue on youtube about a few scientific contradictions in the Qur'an and using one example where he said the Qur'an is innacurate in saying that semen comes from the backbone and rib bone as chapter 86 verses 5-7 state... However, I realized that there is deep meaning behind these verses and I must research them, in the process of researching someone said the backbone's job was to produce semen and I said this can't be true, however I later found out that it's not talking about production but rather PROCEDING from that patricular area.... Aka the epidiymis... Now during this whole situation I felt a very uncomfortable feeling inside of my heart... I felt like doubt was instilled in me and I hated it... And I know they say this is the work of shaitan, but is it true that shaitan can make it look like it is you doing comitting kufr while you're really not? please help, i'm afraid i've lost my good deeds because of this... I researched the situation to get a better understanding and felt very nerve wrecked and scared from this doubt that I tried to get rid of... Please help.
First, you must know that the Qur'an is book of guidance, and the guidance that is in it makes it a miraculous book which can only come from Allah(swt), this is all u need to know about the Qur'an, follow its guidance.
Since u believe in the creator Allah(swt), he couldn't have left the creation without guidance, when u search u will find the best guidance in the Qur'an. Now about science, the solution to your problem is by remembering that our knowledge is limited (no matter how sophisticated or scientifically advanced we have become), always keep the door open to the fact that Allah knows best and that our limited minds and senses might not have reached full knowledge about a particular phenomenon etc.

Second, don't forget that the Qur'an was NOT meant to be a manual about scientific facts, it is for a greater purpose, the message is relevant for people of all ages and times, back from the primitive beduoin arabs in primitive ages till our modern times.

Finally, i can assure u that a lot of people have been in your position including myself, this period of doubt isa will go away. Have faith that Allah(swt) will heal u, take this an opporunity to fix all your mistakes, avoid sins, be regular in your prayers, kind towards your parents etc.

Finally, if the atheist wants to argue, respond to him by the argument of the Quran in a particular incident (maybe someone can quote the full ayah) "bring me a book that has guidance better than these two (torah and Quran) and I will be the first to follow them".
A true believer is one who's fitrah(natural inclination) is clean and will feel peace when following the guidance of the Quran

May ALLAH(swt) give u guidance and let your heart be at peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isamisthedeen
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
When I read the Qur'an, I don't feel like it's a man that wrote it, it's just to complex and to high of knowledge to come from a man... This book has not imperfections.. So yes I do feel like Allah is talking to me when I read the Qur'an, but I've learned to ignore such a situation.

Dagless
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Perseveranze
01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Brother,

Watch this video, it will clear all your doubts, certainly did for me -

ps. Trust me, this used to happen to me, honestly don't believe what they say. They have literally no knowledge of what their talking about, most don't even know in-depth Science either. They take one translation or so, don't even look deep into the root meanings and twist it to mean something which it doesn't. I used to believe what they said before and I nearly left the religion because of it, but then I took it upon myself to thoroughly research everything to the depth and every single inaccuracy they point out is just a complete and blaitant lie which only insults their own lack of intelligence.

Think.

"And do not follow (blindly) any information of which you have no (direct) knowledge. (Using your faculties of perception and conception, you must verify it for yourself. (In the Court of your Lord,) you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning." [17:36]

"Will they not then ponder over the Qur’an, or is it that they have their locks on (their) hearts (which bar them from reason) " [47:24]

"Will they not then, ponder over the Quran? If it were from other than Allah they would surely have found in it much discrepancies." [4:82]

Glory be to God, there isn't a single discrepancy within this book, which is not a Science book, but a guide for the whole of mankind.

Isamisthedeen
01-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I never said I doubted Allah and I never uttered unbelief. I just don't feel comfortable getting this HORRIBLE feelings EVER. I always believed in Allah and will never EVER go away from that path... I don't care if someone puts a knife to my neck. I can promise you this.

selsebil
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
Don't worry about that! One of the most dangerous stratagems of Satan is this: he makes certain sensitive and ingenuous people confuse imagining unbelief with affirming it. He shows the imagining of misguidance to be the affirmation of it. He also conjures up in their imaginations most ugly thoughts about holy individuals and sacred things. He shows also things which are essentially possible together with those that are reasonably possible, thus making those things appear to be doubts opposed to the certainty of belief. So then the wretched sensitive man supposes that he has fallen into misguidance and unbelief, and that his certainty of belief has been lost; he falls into despair and becomes the plaything of Satan. Satan works both his despair, and that weak vein of his, and his confusion, so that he either goes mad, or saying: “All is lost,” he embraces misguidance.

Like a snake’s image in a mirror cannot bite, nor the similitude of fire burn, nor the reflection of filth soil, neither can the reflections of unbelief and association of partners with God, and the shadows of misguidance, and the imaginings of ugly abuse and words in the mirror of the imagination or of thought corrupt belief, change faith, or damage respectful courtesy. For the well-known rule is, “In the same way that to imagine abuse is not abuse, to imagine unbelief is not unbelief and to conceive of misguidance is not misguidance.”
As for the question of doubts in belief, possibilities that are essentially possible are not opposed to the certainty of belief and do not harm it. One of the established rules of the science of the principles of religion is that “something which is of itself possible is not opposed to the certainty afforded by knowledge.” For example, we are certain that Pacific is in its place consisting of water. Whereas it is of itself possible that the sea sank into the ground this moment. Its so sinking is within the bounds of possibility. But since this essential possibility does not arise from any indication, it cannot be a reasonable possibility and so cause doubt. For another established rule of the principles of religion is “A possibility that does not arise from any proof or evidence is of no importance.” That is, “An essential possibility which does not arise from any sign cannot be a reasonable possibility and so cause doubts and warrant importance.”
Thus, the unfortunate man exposed to those Satanic whisperings supposes that due to such essential possibilities that he has lost his certain belief in the truths of belief. For example, numerous essential possibilites about the human aspects of the Noble Prophet (Upon whom be blessings and peace) occur to him which cause no harm to the certainty of his belief, but he supposes that they have done so, and suffers harm.

gohar98
01-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Dear bro,
Each an every word of the Quran is true.

Musalman
01-16-2011, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by gohar98
Dear bro,
Each an every word of the Quran is true.
That`s right.

Sigma
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Islamic-Life (another forum) has a lot of refutations which would benefit you.

- Qatada -
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
:salamext:

see;
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=2602

As for the proper definition of sulb in the context of this verse [of surah Tariq 88:6-7], it is ‘loins’ and NOT backbone. Shaykh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî of IslamToday.com writes:The word “sulb” should not necessarily be translated as “backbone”. This word has many possible meanings and backbone is only one of them. It is also quite commonly used to mean the loins of a man. This is how it is used elsewhere in the Qur’ân. Allah says: “Prohibited to you (for marriage) are…wives of your sons proceeding from your loins (aslâb, the plural of sulb).” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 23] There can be no problem with sperm coming out from the area of a man's loins.

Dictionaries define Sulb as Loins/private parts
:

We refer the reader to p.226 of The Concise Oxford English Arabic Dictionary. The English word ‘loins’ is translated as ‘sulb’. (source: http://www.amazon.com/Concise-Oxford.../dp/0198643217 )

We refer the reader to p.231 of Hippocrene Standard Dictionary Arabic-English English-Arabic by John Wortabet, in which once again, the only definition of the word loins is ‘sulb’. (source: http://www.amazon.com/Hippocrene-Dic...6200382&sr=1-1)

It is a simple matter of driving down to Barnes and Noble or another bookstore to verify these definitions. But if the reader is too lazy to do that, here is an online reference. On p.146 of An English and Arabic Dictionary by Joseph Catafago, notice that the only definition given for the word ‘salbi’ is ‘proceeding from the loins’. (click here to view: http://books.google.com/books?id=42o...=5&ct =result)

Here is another online reference: on p.791 of A Comprehensive Persian English Dictionary: Including the Arabic Words, we see that the first definition of the word ‘sulbi’ is ‘proceeding from the loins’. (click here: http://books.google.com/books?id=knA...um=4&ct=result)

Also see;

Linguistic Definitions - Word by Word
[from Classical Arabic dictionaries] of the Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an :

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...les-quran.html (Scientific Linguistic Miracles of the Qur'an)

http://linguisticmiracle.com/science.html

tigerkhan
01-26-2011, 06:17 AM
i am sorry. bcz maybe its not a answer to ur question, but i just want to say i dont blv in science in many matters and one in this sex and human health.
u know the blv and concepts in science had changed wrt to time. bcz there is always an "uncertanity" in all theories and laws of science. what we are accepting today, maybe on later on research we find we were wrong b4.
eg. b4 it was considered that current flows from positive terminal to negative, however today the research proves current flows from negative to positive terminal. so u know that is science. a v.limited and "uncertain" knowledge which we creatures got by our own study of matter and meterial things. and QURAN, its kalam of Creator, who had created all these creatures. there is no uncertanity in it. its "lariaba fihe".

peacepro
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
"Will they not then, ponder over the Quran? If it were from other than Allah they would surely have found in it much discrepancies." [4:82]

Asalam wrwb
Indeed Allah is all alone and the existence of Quran n Allah doesnt need any proof bt some arrogant n people who are away from islamic preaching are not aware of this n put some illogic questions.

Isamisthedeen
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacepro

Asalam wrwb
Indeed Allah is all alone and the existence of Quran n Allah doesnt need any proof bt some arrogant n people who are away from islamic preaching are not aware of this n put some illogic questions.

Why are you aiming this at me? All I mentioned was a question and you're making it seem like i'm a bad person.

- Qatada -
02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Why are you aiming this at me? All I mentioned was a question and you're making it seem like i'm a bad person.
:salamext:

He was talking about the atheist :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!