/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need a few quotes which forbid the killing of innocent people.

User29123
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Salam brothers and sisters

Like the titles says I need a few quotes (2-3) which forbid the killing of innocent people. (& non-muslims and women and children)

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
newmuslimpoland
01-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Wa alaykum us-saalam,

You might find the following quotes in the Qur'an :

*Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. [Qur'an 5:32]

*But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment. [Qur'an 4:93]

*And do not kill your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Indeed, their killing is ever a great sin. [Qur'an 17:31]

Perseveranze
01-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

In Islam, your not even allowed to kill innocents when your at war. The Prophet(pbuh) specifically used to tell his companions to not harm the women/children/elderly, on top of that to not destroy/harm a place of God's worship. I personally find this pretty amazing, especially in todays age where innocents are purposely targetted, ie Palastinian war.

edit: quotes -

(…Take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.) (Al-An`am: 151)

(Nor take life, which Allah has made sacred, except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, We have given his heir authority (to demand Qisas or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the law)) (Al-Isra’: 33)

[4:52:257] Narrated 'Abdullah: During some of the Ghazawat(war/raid) of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

Narated By Rabah ibn Rabi' : When we were with the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) on an expedition, he saw some people collected together over something and sent a man and said: See, what are these people collected around? He then came and said: They are round a woman who has been killed. He said: This is not one with whom fighting should have taken place. Khalid ibn al-Walid was in charge of the van; so he sent a man and said: Tell Khalid not to kill a woman or a hired servant.

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that a son of Kab ibn Malik (Malik believed that ibn Shihab said it was Abd ar-Rahman ibn Kab) said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade those who fought ibn Abi Huqayq (a treacherous jew from Madina) to kill women and children. He said that one of the men fighting had said, 'The wife of ibn Abi Huqayq began screaming and I repeatedly raised my sword against her. Then I would remember the prohibition of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, so I would stop. Had it not been for that, we would have been rid of her.'"

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that Abu Bakr as-Siddiq was sending armies to ash-Sham. He went for a walk with Yazid ibn Abi Sufyan who was the commander of one of the battalions. It is claimed that Yazid said to Abu Bakr, "Will you ride or shall I get down?" Abu Bakrsaid, "I will not ride and you will not get down. I intend these steps of mine to be in the way of Allah."

Then Abu Bakr advised Yazid, "You will find a people who claim to have totally given themselves to Allah. Leave them to what they claim to have given themselves. You will find a people who have shaved the middle of their heads, strike what they have shaved with the sword.

"I advise you ten things| Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly."

selsebil
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Islam teaches peace.According to Qur'an killing an innocent person is like killing all humanity.A real Muslim cannot be a terrorist. Qur'an never justifies killing even just one innocent person.
"If any one slew a person -unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- it would be as if he slew the whole people," Qur’an, 5:32
the rights of an innocent man cannot be cancelled for the sake of all the people. A single individual may not be sacrificed for the good of all. In the view of Almighty Allah's compassion, right is right, there is no difference between great and small. The small may not be annulled for the great. Without his consent, the life and rights of an individual may not be sacrificed for the good of the community. If he consents to sacrifice them in the name of patriotism, that is a different matter.

Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. Quran 60/8
Quran tells Muslims to deal non-Muslims (who's not acting in hostility) kindly and justly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
01-27-2011, 09:14 AM
"The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet and alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom; Save those who repent before ye overpower them. For know that Allah is forgiving, merciful."

abo mussaab
12-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Buraidah reported: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings be upon him) would appoint a commander over the army, he would personally enjoin him to fear Allaah and to be good with the Muslims who were with him.

Then the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would say,

“Go forth in the name of Allaah and fight whoever disbelieves in Allaah. Fight and do not steal, do not be treacherous, do not mutilate, and do not kill children. When you meet your enemy among the idolaters, then call them to three options. If they respond to any of them, then restrain your hands from fighting them.

First, call them to Islaam. If they respond to you, then accept it from them and restrain your hands from fighting them. Then, invite them to migrate from their lands to the land of the emigrants, and if they do so they will have the rights and duties of the emigrants; but if they refuse to migrate, then they will have the status of the desert Arabs. They will be subject to the ruling of Allaah just as the believers, but they will receive no share of the spoils unless they struggle alongside the Muslims.

Second, if they refuse to accept Islaam, then ask them to pay tribute. If they agree to pay tribute, then accept it from them and restrain your hands from fighting them.

Third, if they refuse to pay tribute, then seek help from Allaah and fight them. When you besiege the people of a fortress and they appeal to you for protection in the name of Allaah and His Prophet, do not give them protection in the name of Allaah and His Prophet, but rather give them protection in the name of you and your companions, for verily, for you to violate the protection of yourself and your companions is a lesser sin than to violate the protection of Allaah and his Messenger; and when you besiege the people of a fortress and they appeal for you to bring them out according to the rule of Allaah, do not bring them our according to the rule of Allaah, but rather bring them out according to your ruling, for verily, you do not know if you will judge with the ruling of Allaah concerning them or not.”
[Saheeh Muslim (1731)]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!