/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife saves Husband from wolf

Beardo
01-06-2011, 07:31 PM
A housewife has saved her husband from the clutches of a wolf in rural Saudi Arabia, local daily Arab News reported on Saturday.

The woman went out to look for her husband after he did not return from tending their goats to find him being attacked by the wolf, according to the newspaper.

The woman ran back to their house and returned with a kitchen knife and stabbed the animal to death, Arab News reported.

The husband, in his 70s, had been fending off the wolf for more than an hour before his wife turned up, according to the newspaper. The report did not give wife's age.

The family have hung the wolf’s body from a tree in front of the house to scare off other wolves, a custom in rural areas, Arab News reported.
http://en.news.maktoob.com/200900005...lf/Article.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
wow battling for an hour.. this reminds me of a clip from the exorcist a prequel or sequel.. awful .. what a brave broad.. I really like wolves though and foxes.. hope they make good use of the fur..

:w:

CosmicPathos
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM
i become a werewolf when night comes around....

جوري
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
fascinating ........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Neelofar
01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
LOLLL at brother mad_scientist, you really are mad aren't you? :p

on a birghter note: WOW! Kudos to the lady! hope the man's feeling better now though, i'm sure it's an experience that he's going to hold very close to his heart for a lifetime :p

S.Belle
01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
aww she killed the wolf :( ......the link you provided comes back as ERROR btw

Beardo
01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
@ mad_scientist: ROFL!

I was thinking though... This is how I pictured it. The husband is fighting for an hour and the wife comes and kills the wolf in a second. Rather hilarious, if you look at it like that. xP

Tyrion
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
I see the makings of an epic new movie... Any ideas for a possible title? :D

Alpha Dude
01-06-2011, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
aww she killed the wolf :( ......the link you provided comes back as ERROR btw
Lol are you suggesting she should have let the wolf kill her husband instead? o_O

Danah
01-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I am not surprised that a woman there did that, this is something expected from women live in rural areas in Saudi Arabic. They can be braver than men of cities sometimes.

The surprising thing is that the husband was fighting the wolf for an hour!! but I guess that maybe he was so weak to fight as I read the article saying that he is in his 70's wallahu a'alam :?

Perseveranze
01-06-2011, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I am not surprised that a woman there did that, this is something expected from women live in rural areas in Saudi Arabic. They can be braver than men of cities sometimes.

The surprising thing is that the husband was fighting the wolf for an hour!! but I guess that maybe he was so weak to fight as I read the article saying that he is in his 70's wallahu a'alam :?
Asalaamu Alaikum,

There were women at the time of the Prophet(pbuh) fighting in the physical battles. That put alot of men who were afraid to fight for truth & justice to alot of shame lol.

Güven
01-06-2011, 10:54 PM
women are not to be underestimated, they are more dangerous than wolves :P

The family have hung the wolf’s body from a tree in front of the house to scare off other wolves,
Does this actually work? >_>

جوري
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

I imagine the smell of blood would attract more wild animals... but what do I know of hunting and desert living.....

Ramadhan
01-06-2011, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Wolves are quite "intelligent" animals and unlike many other animals, their family structure and bond is very strong (they are pairing for life), so I think the other wolves will get the hint.
This is what I get from watching too much NatGeo Wild lol.

جوري
01-07-2011, 12:12 AM
I found out today that elephants do pay their respect for the dead by having a funeral like gathering where they touch the deceased elephant before they move on.. it was amazing.. it actually moved me..

MustafaMc
01-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Not to belittle the woman's bravery, but an Arrabian wolf does not seem to be that big to me - only 40 pounds (18 kg) and 2 ft (60 cm) at the shoulder. Still I am sure a 70 year old man would have trouble defending himself from such a wild animal and appreciated his wife coming to his rescue.

Danah
01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

There were women at the time of the Prophet(pbuh) fighting in the physical battles. That put alot of men who were afraid to fight for truth & justice to alot of shame lol.
The best of examples can be Nusaibah bint Ka'b who were among those who protected the prophet in the battle of Ahud

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
^real woman she was, radhiallahu anha.

does it mention how old the wife is?

Ansariyah
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Women give birth, Wats killing a wolf compared to that? My mother said to me 'Once u give birth theres nothing u cannot do in this world'. I'm sure its probably easier to kill a wolf than to give birth..

MashaAllah!!

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I am sure the woman is much younger to her husband, maybe half of his age. It's really common in Arabia, isn't it?

I cannot fight an Alsatian. :( they scare the hell out of me. :(

Muhaba
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
it might be better to carry a knife around, in case some wolf attacks.

aadil77
01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
This must be a sign of Qiyamah, women increasingly sticking up for men - rather than the other way round

Dagless
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
That 70 year old must have been quite strong to fight off a wolf for over an hour. I would have thought even a wolf who took thai-bo twice a week would be tired after that amount of time.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
The family have hung the wolf’s body from a tree in front of the house
Btw are we allowed to do stuff like this? Isn't it like a trophy?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
masha`Allaah

proves that women can be strong aswell and in some cases sometimes even stronger than men :-\

..peace

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
^ Sure thing, they are. They have a really strong back bone.

purple
01-07-2011, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
This must be a sign of Qiyamah, women increasingly sticking up for men - rather than the other way round
:sl:

Can you please explain what Qiyamah has anything to do with the case being posted bear in mind she was the only there to save her hubby.

wow @ ego in this thread.

I say good on her!

This woman happens to be adapted to her environment and acting on her instinct. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a child that saved his own father.
There is a world beyond the comfy house we live in. A world where man, woman and children have to do everything they can to survive therefore they would be a lot stronger then we would expect. Half of us would not be here if human beings did not help each other that include women and children. And by help I don’t mean cooking and cleaning, help includes hunting and fighting! Just a thought!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/humanplanetexplorer/

:wa:

Alpha Dude
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't think we should underestimate the man. Maybe he didn't have any weapon and made do with sticks and stones. Obviously someone with a knife is going to be more capable.

AabiruSabeel
01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
:sl:

This is 2 weeks old news actually. It was posted on 24 Dec in Arab News.

A Saudi housewife stabbed a wolf several times with a kitchen knife after it attacked her husband in front of their home in a village in the Madinah province on Wednesday night.

The woman’s husband, Saadi Al-Mitairi, who is in his 70s, had gone outside at midnight to tend to their goats when he came across the wolf in front of his house in the village of Ghidairah, Mahd Al-Dahab municipality. The wolf attacked Saadi who fought back and held on to its limbs for some 90 minutes.

Wondering where her husband was, Saadi’s wife came outside and saw what was happening. She then went inside and returned with a kitchen knife, stabbing the wolf several times till it died.

“We only heard what my mom and dad did the next day. My dad’s old but strong and was able to hold on to the wolf’s legs for around an hour and a half,” said Abdullah Al-Mitairi, Saadi’s son.

“He didn’t think he’d find a goat when he went out that night to check on the goats,” he said, adding that his father was not hurt or injured, and that he and his brothers were out at the time.

The Saadi family has now hung the wolf's body from a tree in front of the house, as is the custom in rural Saudi villages, to scare off other wolves.

Muezzin
01-08-2011, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
@ mad_scientist: ROFL!

I was thinking though... This is how I pictured it. The husband is fighting for an hour and the wife comes and kills the wolf in a second. Rather hilarious, if you look at it like that. xP
If it were an action movie, after killing the wolf she would say 'Never send a man to do a woman's job'.

Ramadhan
01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If it were an action movie, after killing the wolf she would say 'Never send a man to do a woman's job'.
I actually was picturing the woman would say after killing the wolf "Hasta La Vista, baby!" and holding the bloodied-knife a la terminator rather than gun

Laila-
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
do you really think so? I this sign of qiyamah is not mentioned in the quran or any hadith

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!