/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do Muslims follow Jesus Christ more than Christians?

Danah
01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Peace be upon you all,

Check this out:

Very interesting show, make sure you watch it till the end and let's know your opinion on what was said there.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed Issa
01-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Yes for Christians follow the devil Paul may Allah's curse be on him may he enjoy the Hell fire forever. 5:116 And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. 5:117 "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. (The Holy Quran Surah 5 Al Mâ'idah) 4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- 4:158 Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;- 4:159 And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;- ( The Holy Quran Surah 4 An Nisâ')

almahdali
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Shlamlokhum!

No, we follow the sunna of Muhammad (saw) and we follow the teachings revealed through his tongue by Allah 'Azza wa Jalla ya'ni Quran :D

Danah
01-09-2011, 12:06 PM
^ the teaching of Mohammad peace be upon him is the same as the teaching of Jesus peace be upon him. They all called to worshipping tv one God without any partner. And there are many other teachings that all the prophet called to and we Muslims do.

I don't know if you watch the video, but the video will clarify my point.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
01-09-2011, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
the teaching of Mohammad peace be upon him is the same as the teaching of Jesus peace be upon him. They all called to worshipping tv one God without any partner.
Assalamu alaikum Ukhti, that sure is a long video. Can you provide a condensed summary of the main points?

I agree with you that by our following the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (sal alahu alayhi wa salam) we are by default following those of Prophet Jesus (alayhi salam). I have observed that Christians worship Jesus (as) more than they follow his teaching. Christians know so very little about the life and teachings of Jesus (as), for example they don't know how he prayed or fasted.

Woodrow
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
The Bible teaches very little about what Jesus(as) taught and his message to mankind. The Qur'an tells us more about Jesus(as) than what is found in the Bible. Christians worship Jesus(as) they do not follow his teachings.

From the Qur'an:

) We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of apostles; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you an apostle with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay!
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #87)

(2) Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #136)

(3) Those apostles We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them, but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #253)

(4) It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus).
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #3)

(5) Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #45)

(6) When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah." Said the disciples: "We are Allah.s helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #52)

(7) Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #55)

(8) The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #59)

(9) Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #84)

(10) That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

11) We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #163)

(12) O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #171)

(13) And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #46)

(14) Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith, by the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary: because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #78)

(15) Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #110)

(16) Behold! the disciples, said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #112)

(17) Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a solemn festival and a sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #114)

(18) And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #116)

(19) And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous:
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #85)

(20) Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #34)

(21) And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant:
( سورة الأحزاب , Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #7)

(22) The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).
( سورة الشورى , Ash-Shura, Chapter #42, Verse #13)

(23) When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
( سورة الزخرف , Az-Zukhruf, Chapter #43, Verse #57)

(24) And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.
( سورة الزخرف , Az-Zukhruf, Chapter #43, Verse #61)

(25) When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me.
( سورة الزخرف , Az-Zukhruf, Chapter #43, Verse #63)

(26) Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our apostles: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah. but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors.
( سورة الحديد , Al-Hadid, Chapter #57, Verse #27)

(27) And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"
( سورة الصف , As-Saff, Chapter #61, Verse #6)

(28) O ye who believe! Be ye helpers of Allah. As said Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah." Said the disciples, "We are Allah.s helpers!" then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved: But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed.
( سورة الصف , As-Saff, Chapter #61, Verse #14)

Perseveranze
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Yeah I've seen this, good video for Dawah. Some brilliant points raised, many stuff I didn't know like how Jesus(pbuh) moderatly dressed (like Muslims do today) etc.

MustafaMc
01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The Bible teaches very little about what Jesus(as) taught and his message to mankind. The Qur'an tells us more about Jesus(as) than what is found in the Bible. Christians worship Jesus(as) they do not follow his teachings.
Assalamu alaikum, Akhi Woodrow. I agree 100%. The NT gospels are more akin to what can be called weak hadith in Islam than they are to the Quran.

I particularly like #18 that you quoted above as a quote from the future whereby Jesus (as) will deny teaching the Christians to worship him.

Have you noticed how often Jesus (as) is referred to in the Quran as "son of Mary"? This is similar to how Jesus (as) often referred to himself as the Son of Man in the NT Gospels. Only a few times in John (10:36, 11:4) is Jesus quoted as referring to himself as God's Son.

Danah
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Assalamu alaikum Ukhti, that sure is a long video. Can you provide a condensed summary of the main points?
Wa Alykom Assalam Akhi,
yeah its a long one, sorry about that...here are the main points Dr. Brown talked about in that video:

1. Jesus Worship only one God and he always called others to worship only one God.......just like Muslims do
2. Jesus used to have a beard just like all other prophets, even the picture that today's Christians "imagine" for Jesus is for a man having a beard.......just like Muslim men do
3. Jesus was circumcised.......just like Muslim men do
4. The Mother of Jesus Mary was covering her hair, and all the pictures in today's churches that they "think" that its for her is a picture of a woman with a scarf........just like Muslim women do
5. Jesus used to pray and prostrate.......just like Muslims do
6. Jesus used to fast....just like Muslims do
7. Jesus used to make ablution before prayer........just like Muslims do
8. Jesus didn't eat pork...........Just like Muslims do

Those were the main points that were mention about the life style of Jesus that I still remember.

Then he talked about the Christianity as a concept and how this word (along with the word: Christ) was newly invented years after the time of Jesus. The same thing goes with trinity and how it was newly invented by people/churches not Jesus. Also, he talked about the divinity of Jesus peace be upon him and how Paul who didn't meet Jesus even once was the one who came up with that claim. I remember also that he did talk about the issue of work and faith and how Paul and James differ in that issue. It was an interesting video that I will recommend you to watch if you have some free time.

I have observed that Christians worship Jesus (as) more than they follow his teaching.
Now you mention it! I didn't think of it this way, they really worship him more than following his teaching, to me its more like blindly worship without looking into the whole picture and see how he lived or how he really worship his God!
They are more attracted to Paul teaching than Jesus peace be upon him.

Christians know so very little about the life and teachings of Jesus (as), for example they don't know how he prayed or fasted.
I wonder if they talk about his life and teaching in churches, do they?

almahdali
01-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Salaam!

Yea, I had watched the video. I do agree with the points in the video but as to say, we Muslims are too obsessed with the 'people of the book'. Sometimes what we tell them as cognate to the teachings' that came from 'Muhammad (saw)' doesn't work. There are other ways which are through wisdom and acts. Jazakallah for the sharing anyway, I enjoy watching it :)

MustafaMc
01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I wonder if they talked about his life and teaching in churches, do they?
I went to church with my brother last weekend as I was visiting him and he invited me. I also wanted to see my elder uncle who I hadn't seen in a long time. The minister didn't talk even a little bit about Jesus' life rather he spent the better part of an hour patting the church members on the back (congratulating them) for the growth in the church and how they need to reach out even more to reach the lost souls in the community. He talked a lot about the need for a bigger church. After the service we met as he knew I was a visitor and I had the chance to tell him I was a Muslim. He seemed genuinely interested in talking about religion latter.

Pygoscelis
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Yes, Islam has been more christ-like than Christianity. But that really isn't saying much. Most people are more christ-like than modern day Christianity. Jesus was about giving all your stuff to the poor, and then we have the insanely wealthy vatican and extremely expensive churches and cathedrals. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and sinners and did not shun them, instead reaching out to them. Jesus spoke of the good samaritan, in direct contrast to the tribal christianity that would come to attack and conquer the outsiders, "infidels" and "savages" across the globe. Jesus also strikes me as far more communist than capitalist, which is ironic given the propaganda of the USA in the cold war.

MustafaMc
01-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Wa Alykom Assalam Akhi,
yeah its a long one, sorry about that...here are the main points Dr. Brown talked about in that video:
Thank you for the summary. Insha'Allah, I will watch the video, too. Jazak Allahu Khayran.

Perseveranze
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Yes, Islam has been more christ-like than Christianity. But that really isn't saying much. Most people are more christ-like than modern day Christianity. Jesus was about giving all your stuff to the poor, and then we have the insanely wealthy vatican and extremely expensive churches and cathedrals. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and sinners and did not shun them, instead reaching out to them. Jesus spoke of the good samaritan, in direct contrast to the tribal christianity that would come to attack and conquer the outsiders, "infidels" and "savages" across the globe. Jesus also strikes me as far more communist than capitalist, which is ironic given the propaganda of the USA in the cold war.
Peace,

It is when we try to reach out to Christians in particular. Islam's not suppose to be regarded as a new religious practice, it's fundemental beliefs date back to the very first Prophet(pbuh). When we look at Christians and how much they worship and respect our Prophet(pbuh), who is Jesus(pbuh), then were inclined to inform them to look into Islam and see whether they are believing what Jesus(pbuh) really taught.

Regarding Jesus(pbuh) and conquering, the Bible does Prophesise that when Jesus(pbuh) resurrects he's going to act out like an avenger/king. Which I don't personally agree too, I do think that he will have to use some sort of violence, conquer something and play a Leadership role, but it would be sort've like how Muhammad(pbuh) did. His job afterall is to unite the people of the book into one and Kill the Anti-Christ, which isn't going to happen without some form of Violence. That's not to justify any of the wrong and brutal actions men of the past have done in the name of "religion".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!