/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad: The Last Prophet (2004 movie)

Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Do you think it accurately portrays the life of Muhammad? I'm sure some things were left out to make it more kid friendly, but overall.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
01-09-2011, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Do you think it accurately portrays the life of Muhammad? I'm sure some things were left out to make it more kid friendly, but overall.
Peace,

It's an animation, I watched it a while ago so can't really remember the contents of it in great detail. Is there anything you have doubts about regarding what the Animation depicted?

Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
The way they portray Abu Lahab as a bumbling idiot. He was a cruel man, but I kinda doubt that he was a fool. Other than that, no doubts. My favorite person shown in the movie would either be Bilal of Hamza. Speaking of which, why isn't Hamza's face shown yet other companions were?

Tyrion
01-09-2011, 02:45 AM
The way they portray Abu Lahab as a bumbling idiot. He was a cruel man, but I kinda doubt that he was a fool. Other than that, no doubts. My favorite person shown in the movie would either be Bilal of Hamza. Speaking of which, why isn't Hamza's face shown yet other companions were?
Well, from what I've learned, Abu Lahab was a fairly intelligent man... Cruel, but probably not the bumbling idiot you saw in the movie. (I've never seen the movie though)

I know you're not Muslim, but if you're interested, you could check out this audio tafsir of Surat al-Masad/Lahab... It gives you quite a bit of interesting information about Abu Lahab. :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 03:34 AM
I'm listening to the lecture now. What's a "mushnek"?

And in the movie, the ones I really hated were Abu Jahal and Bilal's master.

جوري
01-09-2011, 03:43 AM
The surah was revealed 10 yrs before abu lahab died.. which is quite remarkable....
Abu lahab always liked to negate the prophet and he could have easily pretended to be Muslim simply to prove the Quran wrong but he didn't and kept on being the creep that he was, so I don't know how intelligent that makes him?.. however his punishment in hell will be lessened on Mondays (by other worldly standards) for that was a day he spared a slave girl when he heard of the birth of his nephew (being the prophet Mohammed (PBUH) I don't know if either of those caveats made it to the movie or not I didn't personally watch it!

all the best

Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Who is the sheikh giving the lecture? He's good.

~Raindrop~
01-09-2011, 04:48 AM
It's Nouman Ali Khan.
Did you mean 'Mushrik' above??

Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Yes that's what I meant.

~Raindrop~
01-09-2011, 04:58 AM
'Mushrik'= Polytheist or idol-worshipper.

Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Ah, yeah, I see the root of the word is "Shirk".

aadil77
01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
I recommend you watch the message - if you haven't already

Its a good film

Darth Ultor
01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I did see it once. It was good and it seemed pretty accurate to me and it channeled the same spirit as Ten Commandments and Jesus of Nazereth. It's just a really long movie. I kinda wish they'd make one in Arabic or at least with Middle-Eastern actors. The guy from Kite Runner was pretty good. I know showing Muhammad's personage is haraam, but what about his voice? It would be nice not to have a narrator for once. I mean, they did give a voice to Gabriel.

GuestFellow
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
^ It is a good suggestion but I think most Muslims would play it safe and believe it is best not to use any voice-acting. I think subtitles might be acceptable, not sure...

Tyrion
01-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Who is the sheikh giving the lecture? He's good.
Nouman Ali Khan is amazing. :p Hopefully you found both parts of the lecture informative.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!