/* */

PDA

View Full Version : beauty products haram?

sherz_umr
01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
is it not allowed/haram to use nail polish? Hair colour? Make up? Why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
01-09-2011, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
is it not allowed/haram to use nail polish?? Make up? Why?
In my limited knowledge Nail polish is not allowed becoz it makes a coat on your nails and does not allow water to reach there.And so,you are unable to make wudhu properly.But i dont think its haram.You can use it after having done with your prayers and remove it before next prayer :statisfie

Hair colour
I think they are also permissible if they do not contain haram ingredients and i read that Usman bin Affam RA used to dye his hairs through Henna.

Make up?
Muslim women are allowed to use Make up and other accessories to please their husbands :)

nature
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
:sl:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/476/colouring%20hair

black dye is haram but any other is fine.

:wa:

sherz_umr
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
thank you..my muslim friend wanted to know this actually. She wears a scarf all the time,but she wanted to colour her hair (loreal excellence creme),its burgundy brown. Just for the fun of it. Not henna. Is that ok?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!