/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Comments and feedback on 'Collaborative Effort' story

جوري
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
:sl:

I am interested in creating a story from different point of views.. it centers around five friends who met at an inn, each telling a different tale of horror and suspense, each from a different narrative-- I have already worked on one character .. and wondering if this angel interests other members? otherwise there would be no point of me sharing what I'd written .. I think each member that participates or adds since even the five friends can expand their circle of tales .. This is mostly fiction but I have incorporated a truthful element in the story ...

pls. let me know if you'd like to partake in this I can present what I have written and then someone else will have to take it from there..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Islamicboard's Hitchcockian version of the Decameron?

Where do I sign? :D

جوري
05-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh, God I didn't think anyone would be interested... in fact I think I'd prefer your story to set the ambiance for the stories that proceed what say you?

p.s I meant angle above not angel :haha:

Muezzin
05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Oh, God I didn't think anyone would be interested... in fact I think I'd prefer your story to set the ambiance for the stories that proceed what say you?
I say I'm flattered and honoured, but due to real life, I am also rubbish with deadlines.

Any content/length guidelines?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I say I'm flattered and honoured, but due to real life, I am also rubbish with deadlines.

Any content/length guidelines?
:sl:

for starters there are no deadlines, there are no prizes, this is purely for our reading pleasure.. and secondly there is no length requirement at all, if you can get a very intense story in three paragraphs then that is all that is needed because it will be passed off from member to member, the story I was working on was a friend whose brother had visited Morocco got lost and happened upon a midnight wedding in the middle of the desert .. just to give you an example and it was actually a true story though I added a few embellishments for story-telling sake, but you can make it as short or as long, as fictional or truthful take as long or as short as you need..I think perhaps once people see how it unravels they might share a few amusing tales of their own..

Beardo
05-19-2010, 04:25 AM
I'm out of ideas but I do wish to support the cause. There's a great need for Islamic literature.

zakirs
05-19-2010, 08:19 AM
What is the story and whose point of view should i write :D

جوري
05-19-2010, 02:33 PM
The story is the one you write, and it should be from the point of view you choose.. I think perhaps I'll work on the introduction again and introduce the first story so you can get an idea, although am still hoping that Br. Muezzin would take the lead just to set the scene and get the ball rolling, where one story ends another picks up on a common thread and the common thread ties in all the stories which is suspense/horror/jinn stories whatever you choose..

Muezzin
05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
If members are genuinely interested in contributing, please PM me.

To quote Baldrick, I have a cunning plan.

Dagless
05-21-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I'm out of ideas but I do wish to support the cause. There's a great need for Islamic literature.
Does it have to be Islamic?

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If members are genuinely interested in contributing, please PM me.

To quote Baldrick, I have a cunning plan.
As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

I don't think I understand the concept fully and so will wait for the first instalment before joining...

Muezzin
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

I don't think I understand the concept fully and so will wait for the first instalment before joining...
Ah, you'd have us lead by example, eh? I like it. :)

Muezzin
12-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I hope nobody minds this shameless bump.

Any interest from members in contributing to this thing?

SafaAuditore
12-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I'll be the friend who tells the horror story................
(don't be misleaded by my avatar...i promise u there won't be werewolves or vamps)

Muezzin
12-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Excellent! Welcome aboard.

Woodrow
12-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I apologize for not having seen this before. I would be pleased to take part if it is not too late.

جوري
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
not too late at all akhi, I gave up on people taking interest here lol.. would you like to get this epic started?

Woodrow
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
not too late at all akhi, I gave up on people taking interest here lol.. would you like to get this epic started?

:wa:

That sounds fine. I'll type it up on wordpad and actually edit it before I post it here. I have an opening in mind that will take 2-3 paragraphs.

جوري
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Nice can't wait insha'Allah.. hope this takes flight and hope it is really interesting..

Ramadhan
12-29-2010, 07:50 AM
*Pick up the pop corn, Grab a chair, sit down quietly and wait in anticipation for the next story installments*
:popcorn:

S.Belle
12-30-2010, 03:54 PM
:thumbs_up really great stuff keep going please

جوري
12-30-2010, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
really great stuff keep going please

Someone else should pick up it is a 'collaborative effort' :lol:

S.Belle
12-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Someone else should pick up it is a 'collaborative effort'

i would but....im too much of an amatuer lol ill just wait until someone more talented takes over
*Waits patiently*

جوري
12-30-2010, 10:52 PM
i would but....im too much of an amatuer lol ill just wait until someone more talented takes over *Waits patiently*

this isn't about rookies and connoisseurs.. I am actually hoping everyone would participate.. nonetheless I'll write one more paragraph to get things rolling ..

Muhaba
01-03-2011, 08:15 AM
interesting idea. however, i'm not much of a horror/ suspense writer but i do love reading suspense!

جوري
01-03-2011, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
interesting idea. however, i'm not much of a horror/ suspense writer but i do love reading suspense!

it doesn't have to be if you start the next paragraph you can take it in the direction of your choosing..

S.Belle
01-06-2011, 04:15 AM
oh snaps this is getting good

Muhaba
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
is anyone writing more? i can't wait to read more.

SafaAuditore
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
what're u guys writing baout here?

Muezzin
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM
This thread is for members' feedback on the Collaborative Effort thread. The story itself can be found in the other thread - A collaborative effort :)

Woodrow
01-13-2011, 03:20 PM
It would be nice if each member would add a few lines to the story as they read it. Let this be a joint effort by all of us.

S.Belle
01-14-2011, 08:22 PM
im kinda confused with the story now
like he keeps waking up in like all these different places and something about some piece of something.. and a fortune teller.....im sooo confused
would someone please be so kind as to push me towards the right direction as to what is going on evrything just seems so spontaneous.....

Woodrow
01-14-2011, 08:35 PM
im kinda confused with the story now
like he keeps waking up in like all these different places and something about some piece of something.. and a fortune teller.....im sooo confused
would someone please be so kind as to push me towards the right direction as to what is going on evrything just seems so spontaneous.....
It is all spontaneous. each writer adds to what they feel the story is becoming.

Muhaba
01-28-2011, 12:22 PM
is any one going to write any more?

aamirsaab
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I would really like to add to the thread but I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on in the story. Seems like there's two different continuities going on and I can't really add anything without invalidating/ruining someone's hard work.

Muhaba
07-20-2015, 04:55 PM
Read the story and post your comments, plz.

Muhaba
07-20-2015, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I would really like to add to the thread but I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on in the story. Seems like there's two different continuities going on and I can't really add anything without invalidating/ruining someone's hard work.

I think it has taken a direction now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!