/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Istikhara questions

Flower1111
01-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Salam alaikum

I hv several questions about istikhara so i can sleep peacefully again and have no tension anymore.
InshaAllah i hope to get only good answers

1. I have made istikhara with Quran and Tasbeeh..
with both it came once bad and after second time it was good..
which is confusing. I want to ignore it actually..because i heard tht these kind of istikhara arenot right.Some say its Bid'ah, or its not the sunni way, some say these method should be only done after trying everything else (pros and cons, councelling of elders, normal istikhara prayer etc) and still being doubtful..i also found on various sites that these kind of methods for istikhara is practised by shias alot..I actually found these duas to tht istikhara methods on shia site but didnt think it would be wrong..i regret doing it..becuz actually i didn want to do istikhara as im scared of the outcome..still i did it..once it was bad outcome and strangely after tht i made dua to Allah to please make it come true wat i wish...i tried it again and it was good..Allahu A3lam

2. What would actually happen if u go agianst istikhara ..one scholar said it isnt sinful as its not Wahy (revelation), but ive read also tht it wud not b good to do this
Actually Istikhara doesnt require sm dream or sign afterwards..but Allah can make it go simply to the right direction..And dua can also change our destiny

Moreover ive got to say, after this tension after this istikhara...i think this all happend so i will turn to Allah more and pray more etc..becuz since then i prayed fajr again..prayed more, asked for repentance for sm things..
Do u think this might be true? That ALLAH scared me a bit so i can turn to him again n remember our deen more?

Thanks for all answers in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I'm not sure how you prayed istikhara because it does not sound as if you did it correctly.
Istikhara is sunnah, so don't worry about it being bidaah, it's not. The prophet (pbuh) used to pray it up to 7 times. Also, dreams aren't sure signs for your istikhara. Istikhara depends on how you feel after you pray it and if things are happening in your favor, meaning if they are leaning towards what you asked about or going against it by creating obstacles between you and that which you asked.

Inshallah you will find some great information about how to pray istikhara properly and what to look for afterwards here.

If you have any questions, be sure to ask inshallah (:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!