/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jack Straw criticised for 'easy meat' comments on abuse

GuestFellow
01-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Former Home Secretary Jack Straw has been accused of "stereotyping" after suggesting some men of Pakistani origin see white girls as "easy meat".

Share your views!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
purple
01-11-2011, 11:41 PM
I wish you did not dignified his comment by actually posting it on islamicboard. The comment beyond ridiculous. Some of Journalist has gone as far as to link it with Islam.
What these men done were hideous, but that in no way means that it is part of “Pakistani culture”.
Whenever ethnic minorities commit crime, it must be linked to their cultural background despite the same crime being committed by white majority. It the same with knife and gun crime which is always labelled as “black problem” in London even though the same problem is prevalent in other part of countries like Liverpool, Edinburgh by ‘white’ criminals etc.
Read this:
There is a very real problem with a small number of men... posted by lenin

...who see young girls as
'easy meat'. And let us not be politically correct about this. The problem is with white guys:

<B>
Table 5.4b of
</B>
<B>
</B>

What can explain this disproportionality? Why can't the politically correct brigade acknowledge real problems? Answer: the ethnicity of the men involved is meaningless. What is meaningful, perhaps, is that the overwhelming majority of perpetrators of sex crimes are male, and the overwhelming majority of victims are female. That is a correlation that has some relevance, arguably. This might be related to that elusive, shapeshifting entity, 'culture', inasmuch as the culture we all inhabit routinely diminishes, humiliates and violates
women. Can we discuss this? No, of course not. The problem of aggression and violence toward women and children has to be re-staged as a drama about race and 'multiculturalism', because the first order of business is to establish the innocence and virtue of said white guys, and the criminality and brutal lust-filled venality of non-white guys. That is the only way in which most bourgeois politicians and the capitalist media are prepared to deal with this issue.

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2011/...ith-small.html

GuestFellow
01-11-2011, 11:45 PM
:sl:

"We need to get the Pakistani community to think much more clearly about why this is going on and to be more open about the problems that are leading to a number of Pakistani heritage men thinking it is OK to target white girls in this way."
I'm not sure how the Pakistani community can resolve this if they were to get involved...or any other community.

Anyway, I think Jaw Straw is looking for attention. He raised the issue about the Niqaab, and for a short while, he became quite popular.

purple
01-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Saturday, January 08, 2011
Multiculturalism: a philosophical dialogue posted by lenin

Simplicio: "Muslim paedophiles are preying on white girls."

Sagredo: "No, they're not. The story is rigged, based on non-random data selection and wholly invented categories designed to generate the outcome sought. If I worked by the same principles, I could prove that 100% of fraudsters are Conrad Black. More authentic research on this shows that predation on children is a national problem that culture and ethnicity does not help to explain. The overwhelming majority of child predators in the UK who are caught and convicted are white, yet there is no general rush to investigate the possible racial or cultural sources of their cold, arrogant rationalisations for torturing children. Nor is there any good evidence that the victims are selected for ethnicity, though one can always count on policemen and bourgeois politicians to claim otherwise."

Simplicio: "But are you denying that there are real antagonisms?"

Sagredo: "No, I'm saying that there's no truth behind the racist rumour that 'Muslim paedophiles are preying on white girls'."

Simplicio: "But this is a dangerous inflation of terms! You can't call it racist just because someone draws attention to real problems."

Sagredo: "But the problem as described is not the real problem, and the practise of criminalising minorities is racist."

Simplicio: "This is circular. Something is racist because you say it is racist. What this thetic presentation ignores is that the heuristic of 'race' needs to be examined far more critically than it can be by the liberal multiculturalist paradigm which always-already invests in racist ontology as the basis for its supposedly 'tolerant' praxis. This is what I was doing. Okay, I shocked you by raising the question of Muslim paedophiles. But don't idealise them! For example, did you know - I checked this, my accountant who is Italian and has Muslim neighbours told me this - that Muhammed married a nine year old? And we should acknowledge this instead of playing the stupid liberal game of disavowal."

Sagredo: "Well, here I will shock you by pointing out that Muhammed died more than a millenium ago and doesn't live in the north-east of England. The only way in which the story of Muhammed and Aisha could possibly be relevant here would be if you did in fact invest in a racist ontology of the sort that leads to young white racists chanting 'Allah is a paedo' at full volume. The question is, are the allegations concerning Muslim men being particularly likely to prey on white girls due to cultural assumptions actually true?"

Simplicio: "I am sorry to say that this is political correctness at its most boring. Your approach is to consistently shout down anyone who draws attention to a real problem as a racist, and then focus on 'facts', as if this was simply an empirical question. No. I claim it is more than that. This naive Chomskyite empiricism is not sufficient. In order to judge whether something is racist, it is necessary to do the hard theoretical work."

Sagredo: "Okay, let's do the hard theoretical work. And then we can get back to whether your allegations are actually true?"

Simplicio: "It is silly to look for truth in argumentation. Argumentation is born of discourse and ideology. Facts are stories, and no story is neutral."

Sagredo: "**** off."

Simplicio: "Sectarian."

(continued in comments thread below).
http://leninology.blogspot.com/2011/...-dialogue.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Watcher888
01-15-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-story.html#

Saturday, Jan 15 2011
I was kept prisoner by the Asian sex gang predator: Victim tells harrowing story of 'boyfriend' who dubbed his car the 'Rape Rover'
By Sue Reid
Last updated at 9:36 AM on 15th January 2011
Toni-Marie met Saddique aged just 14 on shopping trip
He gave her copy of Koran and discouraged her from wearing low-cut tops
Had no idea he was plying girls with drink and forcing them to have sex

Ironically, but in a step typical of the double standards of such sexual predators, Saddique tried to stop her wearing low tops.
‘He said I was supposed to wear things that covered my arms and he encouraged me to convert to Islam.’

Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2011, 01:35 PM
^wow, and here im thinking that westerners dont sexually abuse women. good to hear then.

sherz_umr
01-15-2011, 02:19 PM
im sure she dint read d quran or bothr findin out about it. She'd know the guys an absolute example of what a muslim shouldn't be and is a fake. Sick men..

sherz_umr
01-15-2011, 02:24 PM
shes only 14 and her parents knew...and they dint do anything but blame anothr religion and country..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!