/* */

PDA

View Full Version : work and women..

sherz_umr
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
hi
i was reading this article about how men and women should behave with each other..i was slightly disturbed as i have a lot of guy friends. thats when i had this doubt.
What does islam say about women who work? Is it ok? Any rules to follow etc..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Greetings,
Sorry, this isnt directly answering your question, but if you dont have a need to work i.e you have someone providing for you, i suggest you dont work. i have nothing against women working, but im afraid that ill minded/slimey men may take advantage of them in such places and it boils my blood when i hear of such stories.

if you need to work, then try to find a place where it is women dominated.

sorry for not being any more helpful hopefully someone else can answer your question.

nature
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
:sl:

I work, but i dont necessarily make small chit chat with everyone. I tend to keep myself to myself, and if i have to chat to males, then its only to do with work. Saying that, the muslim guys are really friendly (married and single) and they kind of respect you a lot more, and talk more of deen stuff, or leave it to polite niceties. thats not always the case though and it depends hugely on what field you wana work in.

:wa:

Muhaba
01-10-2011, 12:50 PM
just do your work and try not to talk to guys. if possible, try to work only with women, for example in an office where there are only women. that way you won't have to interact with men.

if the workplace only contains men or your work is mostly with men, then you should consider finding another job where you can work with women or at least where your immediate superior is a female, so you won't have to report to a male superior.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sherz_umr
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM
im such an idiot! I shudve been specific..im a dentist. It does involve talking (esp. convincing) ppl (men and women).. A LOT!
Who wants to go to a stern dentist?
But yeah..i get the drift. Thank you all :)

nature
01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
im such an idiot! I shudve been specific..im a dentist. It does involve talking (esp. convincing) ppl (men and women).. A LOT!
Who wants to go to a stern dentist?
But yeah..i get the drift. Thank you all :)
:sl:

In that case, i would think its alrite, its not like you can pick and chose your patients. Just refrain from being friendly with male colleagues, and keep niceties to a minimum. Ive a few friends that work in dentistry, its not an issue really.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!