/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone: introducing myself

Nizam1
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
A little bit about my background . . . my father was a Turkish Muslim, but my mother was an English Anglican. My father passed away when I was 4 months old, so I never knew him. I wasn't raised in Islam; in fact, I wasn't really raised with much religion at all. I think my mother tried her best to be neutral between her family and my father's family. My wife, who I have been married to for 17 years is also half Turkish and half English. In her case, her mother was Muslim, but she wasn't raised Muslim either. Nonetheless, both of us have always considered it to be a very important part of our identity. We have four sons together, aged 15, 13, 10 and 6.

I was always curious about Islam, but never really knew where to find out, what to do, what was expected, or whether I would be welcome or not. A lot of this was in the days before the internet. Put simply, I just didn't know what to do. My wife also had similar feelings, but time simply passed. It was only towards the end of 2009 that I decided to learn more about Islam, and I am still learning. Needless to say, I couldn't have been more impressed with the Muslims I met, who happily talked with me at length. It was wonderful.

Fast forward to present; and we are now a practising Muslim family. Last year changed everything for us.

That is not to say that we don't have more to learn and more to do, but the most significant changes have already happened. My wife and I, along with our two eldest boys, have said shahada and the younger two boys are now being raised Muslim too. All of the boys have now been circumcised, and I have as well. The boys are now mixing with a lot of other Muslim boys and learning and receiving encouragement from them, which I personally think is fantastic for them.

I'm not really sure what else to say about myself, but if you would like to know anything else then just ask!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-10-2011, 09:46 PM
:welcome: aboard..

masha'Allah.. you'll find that many people whether raised Muslim or converts or non-practicing, after a solo and long reflection have to renew their personal covenant with God. Religion isn't a birth right, rather a covenant between the individual and God. I grew up in a devoutly religious family, we also live in Saudi Arabia, but I didn't practice Islam until I went to graduate school.. and it is unfortunate that I had all the resources plus Arabic as my mother tongue yet was completely oblivious.. I regret those days now, but al7mdlillah that it is better late than never..

May Allah swt guide you aright, accompany you on your journey and paves a way for you and your family to paradise..

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Assalaamu`Alaaykum Brother

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here. It is great to have a turkish muslim member on board, reading your story was great. may Allaah SWT keep you on the straight path Ameen

If you have any Questions, please do feel free to ask any we are all here to help insha`Allaah

Also hope you find the forum beneficial as its a great place to learn about the deen of Allaah.

..peace..

MustafaMc
01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome. You have a nice story. May Allah continue to guide you as you learn more about Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
masha'Allah, welcome onboard, glad you found guidance

Sawdah
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum

Welcome to the forum brother. Hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit from it inshaAllah. JazakAllah Khair for sharing your story with us, it was very nice mashaAllah.

S.Belle
01-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Welcome to the forum hope u enjoy it here

Amat Allah
01-11-2011, 03:41 AM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar... wellcome my respected and noble brother to IB as a new member of our precious family...

please enjoy and ask whatever you want in`shaa Allah...

May Allah be pleased you and your family and May you all enter the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning Aameeen

tigerkhan
01-11-2011, 05:14 AM
welcom to the forum bro.

Ansariyah
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Salam

Welcome to the forum bro.=)

Ramadhan
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulillaah!
All praise is due to Allah for guiding you back to the straight path. May you and your family remain steadfast in your eeman and your deen. amiin

Welcome to forum, and I hope we all can learn from each other to increase our knowledge and strengthen our eeman.
Enjoy your stay!

PouringRain
01-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Nizam1
01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Thank you to everyone for your welcome.

Rafeeq
01-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Welcome to IB, Nizam1 (although it is a late reception but pardon me, i was busy)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!