/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Flaw in Creation?

CosmicPathos
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
the other day I was reading this verse in Quran and thought about it for a while as Allah has told us to ponder over its verses.

- " He Who created the seven heavens one above another. No fault will you see in the creation of the Most Merciful. So turn your vision again. Do you see any flaw? Again turn your vision, and again your vision will come back to you, dazzled, defeated." (67:3-4)

Now I am wondering that there are people born with congenital disorders (which could be genetic or teratogenic). There are people who have club feet when they are born. There are people who are missing fingers from their hands when they are born. There are people who have other flaws which highlight that there was a flaw that remained in the creation of such humans. There are people who are born with a genetic predisposition and tendency to be alcoholics (fetal alcoholic syndrome).

So my question is that how do I reconcile between reality and this verse? Does this verse only refers to the "7 heavens" i.e. inanimate non-living objects?

Other than that, this verse is beautiful. And I want to be mesmerized by the truthfulness of this verse. But this question that I have asked above is keeping me away from completely internalizing the verse and to be drowned in its beauty.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
01-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

This is what I read somewhere -
He Who created the seven heavens one above another. No fault will you see in the creation of the Most Merciful. So turn your vision again. Do you see any flaw? Again turn your vision, and again your vision will come back to you, dazzled, defeated. (67:3-4)
Although the inability of man to encompass the mysteries and com- plexity of creation is expressed in this passage, it seems to point to various natural phenomenon as well.
We are not taking this opportunity to assert that there are specific Qur’anic verses that refer to specific scientific discoveries. We are merely comparing Qur’anic statements that deal with the physical universe and certain scientific notions. Often there appears to be profound similarities. But, more notably, as Bucaille observes, the Qur’an is distinguished from all other works of antiquity that describe or attempt to explain the work- ings of nature in that it avoids mistaken concepts.

I think it's refering to the Universe.

Woodrow
01-11-2011, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
the other day I was reading this verse in Quran and thought about it for a while as Allah has told us to ponder over its verses.

- " He Who created the seven heavens one above another. No fault will you see in the creation of the Most Merciful. So turn your vision again. Do you see any flaw? Again turn your vision, and again your vision will come back to you, dazzled, defeated." (67:3-4)

Now I am wondering that there are people born with congenital disorders (which could be genetic or teratogenic). There are people who have club feet when they are born. There are people who are missing fingers from their hands when they are born. There are people who have other flaws which highlight that there was a flaw that remained in the creation of such humans. There are people who are born with a genetic predisposition and tendency to be alcoholics (fetal alcoholic syndrome).

So my question is that how do I reconcile between reality and this verse? Does this verse only refers to the "7 heavens" i.e. inanimate non-living objects?

Other than that, this verse is beautiful. And I want to be mesmerized by the truthfulness of this verse. But this question that I have asked above is keeping me away from completely internalizing the verse and to be drowned in its beauty.
Perhaps what we consider to be flaws are the result of human perceptions. Ponder on the thought that what we see as a flaw in any living creature, Man, beast, Jinn or Angel is a necessary feature for that creature. without it the creature would cease to be an individual and will not have the needed assets to pass through the trials of this Dunya. Stop and consider that all things we are born with are a needed aspect of our being. No matter how much of a flaw it seems to be to an observer, it is part of the polishing and faceting of the gem we each are. Destroy or remove one facet of any of us and we would no longer be the same person with our necessary strengths and weaknesses. Yes, even our weaknesses are a needed part of each of us even if it means no more than a test to overcome it.

CosmicPathos
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Perhaps what we consider to be flaws are the result of human perceptions. Ponder on the thought that what we see as a flaw in any living creature, Man, beast, Jinn or Angel is a necessary feature for that creature. without it the creature would cease to be an individual and will not have the needed assets to pass through the trials of this Dunya. Stop and consider that all things we are born with are a needed aspect of our being. No matter how much of a flaw it seems to be to an observer, it is part of the polishing and faceting of the gem we each are. Destroy or remove one facet of any of us and we would no longer be the same person with our necessary strengths and weaknesses. Yes, even our weaknesses are a needed part of each of us even if it means no more than a test to overcome it.
jazakAllah for an insightful response.

So it seems the verse is not alluding to the existence of a "superhuman" who is free of flaws but rather to the very existence of man along with his idiosyncrasies, which Allah swt calls our attention to.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
:sl:

Or even another way to look at it. A Human without limitations and various hindrances would cease to be human and that would be a flaw. We all have these oddities and unusual trials, but they are part of us and since they are necessary for us to each be our self, they are not a flaw, but the result of perfect planning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!