/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it WRONG to ask someone to pray for you?

MohammedSP
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
AOA
Can someone please tell me did people use to ask Prophet Mohammed PBUH to pray for that person? If the answer is no then we should not go to anyone no matter how saint the person appears to be and ask him/her to pray for us...
Because as far as i know allah says.... come towards me... ask me what ever you want...
their shouldnt be any third person involved because i believe allah has not given anyone such authority....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
If ask someone to make dua for us is forbidden, Islamicboard admins must be delete every post that mentioned "please pray for me". :D

Okay, back to your question. Yes, many sahaba asked Rasulullah (saw) to make dua for them. You can find it in stories of sahaba. But about ask dua to Ulama, actually it is not wrong. However, I found some people asked dua to an Aleem because they assume if they make dua by themselves, Allah would not answer their dua, but if that Aleem makes dua for them, Allah must be answer that dua. Of course, assumption like this is wrong.

Zuzubu
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
So why can't you ask "please pray for me"? I mean, Allah may help you if someone with good imaan prays for u.

MohammedSP
02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If ask someone to make dua for us is forbidden, Islamicboard admins must be delete every post that mentioned "please pray for me". :D

Okay, back to your question. Yes, many sahaba asked Rasulullah (saw) to make dua for them. You can find it in stories of sahaba. But about ask dua to Ulama, actually it is not wrong. However, I found some people asked dua to an Aleem because they assume if they make dua by themselves, Allah would not answer their dua, but if that Aleem makes dua for them, Allah must be answer that dua. Of course, assumption like this is wrong.
Thank you very much. Infact thats what i wanted to know. If Prophet Mohammed's (PBUH) sahabas could ask him to pray for them then it is right for us all to ask someone to pray for us.

I remember Dr Zakir Naik saying that today we can not ask prophet Mohammed to pray for us. And I have heard some people say that if we pray on this particular date prophet mohammed will listen to our pray. is that right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wyatt
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Is the point of asking someone to pray for you like sending letters to your local congressman?

I mean, I'm sure Allah/God doesn't only answer prayers in popular demand. ;D

YusufNoor
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MohammedSP
Thank you very much. Infact thats what i wanted to know. If Prophet Mohammed's (PBUH) sahabas could ask him to pray for them then it is right for us all to ask someone to pray for us.

I remember Dr Zakir Naik saying that today we can not ask prophet Mohammed to pray for us. And I have heard some people say that if we pray on this particular date prophet mohammed will listen to our pray. is that right?
:sl:

iyyaka na'budu wa iyyaka nesta,een

the Prophet is dead. you DO NOT pray to him. you pray to Allah!

:wa:

MohammedSP
02-24-2011, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
:sl:

iyyaka na'budu wa iyyaka nesta,een

the Prophet is dead. you DO NOT pray to him. you pray to Allah!

AoA

Yes bro i know we only pray to allah but i am just trying to clear one thing about people saying that if we pray on this particular date (friday) prophet Mohammed PBUH listens to our pray. And some even ask prophet mohammed in their prays when they want something..

jimbo123
02-24-2011, 07:18 PM
In my local masjid they were giving a general lecture about dua. The brother said that you are allowed to ask someone to make dua for you but that means you have to make dua as well.

Muhammad
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by MohammedSP
Yes bro i know we only pray to allah but i am just trying to clear one thing about people saying that if we pray on this particular date (friday) prophet Mohammed PBUH listens to our pray. And some even ask prophet mohammed in their prays when they want something..
Dear brother, part of our belief in the Oneness of Allaah (swt) is that absolutely everything is in His control. There is no affair except that Allaah (swt) has complete control over it. No creation of Allaah (swt) has any share in His control whatsoever. Therefore, when we ask, we should ask from the One who has the power to respond, and this is what Allaah (swt) has commanded us to do:

And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible. [Al-Mu'min: 60]

So when we make du'a, we always direct it to Allaah (swt) alone because He is the only One who has the power to give us what we ask for.

Even if we ask someone else to make du'a for us, that person is still asking Allaah (swt) to answer our needs. Never do we depend on that person to answer our needs, as they don't have the power to do so.

Here is a beautiful hadeeth about relying on Allaah (swt) alone:

On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:

"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried." (Tirmidhi)

I hope this has helped Insha'Allaah.

Ramadhan
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by

all prayer should and must be directed to Allah and Allah alone.
as for prophet Muhammad SAW, you can always send as many salam and salawat to him (SAW), his family, and the companions.

~ Sabr ~
05-16-2012, 07:28 AM
:salamext:

Allaah always accept pious people's dua's more than normal people, and I base this thought on the story:

Abu Bakr (May Allaah be pleased with him) was severly wounded and asked his mother to take him to RasoolAllaah :saws: as his heart was aching to see if RasoolAllaah :saws: was ok (this was after a battle, and Abu Bakr (May Allaah be pleased with him) was unconscious for some days). When he met RasoolAllaah :saws: and saw he :saws: was ok, as Abu Bakr's (May Allaah be pleased with him) mother came with him, he asked RasoolAllaah :saws: to make dua :

Ya RasoolAllaah :saws: today my mother has come with me, she's very dutiful, she's kind and loving to her son, look how how she's brought me to you in this difficult condition, You are the Blessed One, You are the one that comes second to the Almighty Allaah, You are the one whenever you raise your hand Allaah loves you so much that Allaah never sends you empty handed, O Messenger of Allaah :saws: I beg you pray to the Almighty Allaah that Allaah gives tawfeeq to my mother, embraces the Kalimah amd embraces you and Allaah, invite her to the Kalimah Laa ilaahaa illAllaah, Muhammad ur RasoolAllaah.

Muhammad :saws: raises his hands and make dua's for the mother of Abu Bakr (May Allaah be pleased with him) and then he invites her to the Kalimah, and in that gathering she accepts the Kalimah, recites it, and testifies there is no God but Allaah and Muhammad :saws: is the messenger of Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!