/* */

PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! - NAME - zain or rehan for my new born

faz3001
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
asak,

Trying to select a name either zain and rehan for my new born...what are their

meanings and which do you think is a better name?

whats your opinion on which one is better...i

want to avoid cross-cultural names...is rehan or raihaan used in other

religions? Is zain very common? Which one is more popular name?

does rehan mean king? and raihaan mean sweet basil?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Salaam,

I like Zain...I wish that was my name. It would be so much easier for other people to pronounce.

Beardo
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

I like Zain...I wish that was my name. It would be so much easier for other people to pronounce.
YEah, that's what I was thinking. Zain is easy to pronounce and all.

Which is why I would choose it over Rehan. But Rehan is also a beautiful name. Maybe you can save that for your next child, since they sort of rhyme...

Unless your next child is a girl. Then you can name her Zainab! Or if you choose Rehan, then her name can be Rehana.

But I think I'm skimming too far. x)

S.Belle
01-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Zain means friend or beloved
Rehan means King, scented, or sweet basil
When looking the names up I saw origin/culture Arabic for Zain but for Rehan i saw Arabic and Armenian
Popularity wise both are low (maybe just in the us outside idk)
I like the meaning of Zain so i would go with that one

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
01-13-2011, 09:36 AM
i choose rehan. ive never really heard of zain. though ive heard of zaid, which is just as nice.

faz3001
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM
jazak allah khair all, for your replies...appreciate if other members can respond also

wassalam

Muhaba
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
i like Rehan but not Rehana. i don't like Zain. what does your spouse say? has he/she been consulted regarding the child's name or are you choosing by yourself. there are some men, mostly from a certain culture who don't consult their wives when naming the child which is very wrong.

Tilmeez
01-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Rehan :p

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
there are some men, mostly from a certain culture who don't consult their wives
Thank God we are not from that culture. I called my mom that Allah SWT has blessed me with a daughter (I live in a different city than my rest of family due to my job) after two hours my mom called me back and suggested a name... and that is final ... No words... :X

PS: I like this, BTW.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Asslaamu `Alaaykum

I would say the name Zain is nice or something i would choose, although Rehan/Raihaan is also a nice name.
Im not sure which is most common but i think theyre both about on the same level, if that makes any sense.

So i would personally choose Zain, however, the choice is yours.

..peace..

faz3001
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Jazak allah khair, may allah bless you....other members pls reply and offer your suggestions....

wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!