/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no morning Salat?

Darth Ultor
01-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Fajr is said at dawn before sunrise. Dhuhr is after midday before Asr. Why is there no prayer for after sunrise? Or can you do Fajr if you accidentally miss it in the prescribed time?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-13-2011, 11:07 PM
:salamext:

1) You pray Fajr if you've forgotten to pray it, have overslept or had any other valid excuse for not praying it on its due time, even if it's after sunrise.

2) There is a prayer after sunrise, it's just an optional prayer. It's called salatul Duha, not Dhuhur, Duha. It's prayed after sunrise but before Dhuhur.

Darth Ultor
01-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Oh, so if you simply forgot and do it a bit later, it won't count against you on the Day of Judgment?

Tyrion
01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Oh, so if you simply forgot and do it a bit later, it won't count against you on the Day of Judgment?
If it was an honest mistake, then yes... But if it was due to severe negligence on your part, then I'm not so sure. :p But even in that case, one can always ask forgiveness and promise to better themselves, so yeah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

1) You pray Fajr if you've forgotten to pray it, have overslept or had any other valid excuse for not praying it on its due time, even if it's after sunrise.

2) There is a prayer after sunrise, it's just an optional prayer. It's called salatul Duha, not Dhuhur, Duha. It's prayed after sunrise but before Dhuhur.

It is said (cant remember the details) in a hadith that prophet Muhammad SAW never left praying shalah dhuha eventhough it is not fard (obligatory)

جوري
01-14-2011, 01:01 AM
There was a hadith about making fajr and Asr prayers (in their due time) shows how much you love God, but I can't locate it now..

:w:

Ramadhan
01-14-2011, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
There was a hadith about making fajr and Asr prayers (in their due time) shows how much you love God, but I can't locate it now..

:w:

I think fajr and asr is the time when the angels sent down to earth and so asked by Allah SWT what us humans were doing. And if we are praying fajr and asr, the angels would answer that we are in the act of worshipping and praying to Allah and that pleases Allah SWT.
not sure about the hadith details.

sabr*
01-14-2011, 02:07 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

There is a morning prayer in Islam.

Fajr surrounds dawn and is referred as the morning prayer.

There is no reason to I think or post I feel about Islam. Just post the Dalil (evidence).
__________________________________________________ ___

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 322:

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet used to pray eleven Rakat in the late part of the night, and when dawn appeared, he would offer two Rakat and then lie on his right side till the Muadhdhin came to inform him (that the morning prayer was due).

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 560:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is no prayer after the morning prayer till the sun rises, and there is no prayer after the Asr prayer till the sun sets."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 548:

Narrated Abu Bakr bin Abi Musa:

My father said, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Whoever prays the two cool prayers ('Asr and Fajr) will go to Paradise.' "
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 529:

Narrated Qais:

Jarir said, "We were with the Prophet and he looked at the moon--full-moon--and said, 'Certainly you will see your Lord as you see this moon and you will have no trouble in seeing Him. So if you can avoid missing (through sleep or business, etc.) a prayer before the sun-rise (Fajr) and a prayer before sunset ('Asr), you must do so.' He then recited Allah's Statement:

And celebrate the praises Of your Lord before The rising of the sun And before (its) setting." (50.39) Isma'il said, "Offer those prayers and do not miss them."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 530:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Angels come to you in succession by night and day and all of them get together at the time of the Fajr and 'Asr prayers. Those who have passed the night with you (or stayed with you) ascend (to the Heaven) and Allah asks them, though He knows everything about you, well, "In what state did you leave my slaves?" The angels reply: "When we left them they were praying and when we reached them, they were praying."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!