/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Black seed tea

S.Belle
01-13-2011, 07:14 PM
does anyone know how to make this homemade?
all i could find on the web were boxes that were already premade

I tried to make some but i dont know if i did it right
i took a tsp of the seeds and poured hot water on it and let it seep for about 7 minutes then I took one of those little filter things and got the seeds out and added honey to the cup.

Am i suppose to drink the seeds as well to get the fll benefits of it?..... or should i put the seeds in a coffee grinder to make them into a powder and then add hot water and honey?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
01-13-2011, 07:44 PM
I've never heard of black seed tea. I'm thinking it will taste terrible like black seed oil :hmm:.
I cant help with this...
Salam

ardianto
01-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Habbatussauda is seed, not leaf. So, it is considered as coffee, not tea.

You can grind it with coffee grinder if you want.

S.Belle
01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
my mom already had some grinded that she mixed with honey and stuck in the fridge
i added water to it to melt it and added lemon juice and more honey to sweeten it
and i feel loads better Alhamdulilah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
01-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I'd rather blackseed in a form of oil in a pill.

I've had black seed tea and it tasted awful.

S.Belle
01-14-2011, 10:40 PM
they have pills? is it like a capsule bc most capsule coating contain gelatin

Ramadhan
01-14-2011, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
they have pills? is it like a capsule bc most capsule coating contain gelatin
yes its in capsules, thats what i meant.
I buy mine in islamic store produced by some muslim-owned company, so I assume the capsule is halal.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2011, 07:50 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
i took a tsp of the seeds and poured hot water on it and let it seep for about 7 minutes then I took one of those little filter things and got the seeds out and added honey to the cup.[...]
i was thinking that perhaps you need to crush them or as others have suggested, grind them in the coffee grinder...though i can imagine that they will taste like coffee.

ardianto
01-15-2011, 04:18 PM
You can mix black seed with cinnamon, bijan seed, palm sugar, non dairy creamer and pure honey.
In Indonesia we call this drink as "Arab coffee".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!