/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Brother

Drewy7
01-14-2011, 05:44 AM
My Brother, My Friend, My Hero....

These are a few words to describe my little brother, Joshua. We've been through everything together: Foster homes, getting in trouble, being separated, girls, you name it. I love him like a son. I give him gifts, cook him dinner on occasions, help him with homework, play sports, etc...

I'm going to share with you a small lesson I've learned today.

I'll fast-forward to dinner time...

My mother calls us down to dinner. My brother goes downstairs, I stay upstairs to finish up a video game I was playing. After I finish up, I head downstairs and see my brother with a hamburger on his plate. I look to the stove and see a lineup of porkchops, carrots, and applesauce. I knew the porkchops were not mine, I told my Mom earlier that week that I was going to stop eating pork. I look to my brother and tell him that the burger is mine, I also told him I was not eating pork anymore. He replies to me and says that it was his and he was not going to give it to me. After countless attempts of trying to persuade him to give me the burger he still wouldn't. I became angered because I knew he was playing around with me. I shoved him out of the way to get to the burger. I manage to get the burger but he puts me in a headlock. I could have fought back, but I realized the mistakes I had made seconds before by shoving him, so I let him hold me in the headlock until he lets go. He tells me that he was just playing with me and he planned on giving me the burger. I felt guilty, I shoved him over a burger. I was still angry at him for playing with me like that, so I take some time and I don't talk to him for an hour.

He comes into my room after an hour, and we both apologize for fighting over a burger. Everything's back to normal and we're talking as if nothing happened.

After he leaves I go on facebook and see a page dedicated to a kid named Jordan Rice. Jordan Rice was a 13 year old boy that gave his life to save his younger brother's. They were trapped in a flood and he told rescuers to save his brother first. It is an incredible story. This 13 year old boy has amazing heart and strength. He is an incredible teacher. I cannot help but think what if that happened to me and my little brother.

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live" - Martin Luther King Jr.

This could happen to any of us at any day. Peace upon you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Interesting. I find it funny when people argue over food. :p

Amat Allah
01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
May Allah preserve you both and never prevent you from each other ever and May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and give you both the best of this life and of the Hereafter and all Jinn and Mankind Aaameeeeeeen

I am really happy reading this my noble and respected brother , Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment of your lives and May Allah strengthens the relationship of brotherhood and love between you both and gather you together for the good in this world and the Hereafter ...Aaameeeeeen

take care of your self, mother and brother ...

leaving you under Allah`s sight...

with all my respect, your sister:

Amat Allah

Endymion
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for sharing these simple but indeed,beautiful and touching words with us.Human nature is very strange.We fight with our loved ones on something worth less,but we make big sacrifices for them even they worth our lives.I think this is to remind us that we are humans.A sinful,sometimes selfish creature but the same human being is great as well.
It was truly a good reminder for me to have a break and think about the beauty of these relationships :)

And dont feel bad,im sure Jordan Rice also had these Burger fights with his brothers :) May his soul rest in peace.And never you or any one will face such a hard test in their life.

P.S.
Can i ask why you stop eating pork :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Drewy7
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
P.S.
Can i ask why you stop eating pork :)
I am trying my best to uphold the values of the Religion of Islam. I have learned more in the past few days than I have in the past few months.

Neelofar
01-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Drewy7, I like that you're trying you to change, keep it up, you'll get there one day. Be patient though. Btw, I read the Jordan Rice story yday too! It was in Australia right? Thanks for the reminder! =)

Abdul-Raouf
01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Drewy7
I am trying my best to uphold the values of the Religion of Islam. I have learned more in the past few days than I have in the past few months.
Alhamdulilah...

Always shower Love... to your dear little brother... only with Love you can control him. :)

Thanks for sharing..it was reminder for me as well.

gladTidings
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Thank you for sharing =). This brings back childhood memories...fighting with siblings for that little bit of extra cake or ice cream when we were young (the ice-cream bit is still true =P). On one particular occasion I decided the bowl of yoghurt was going over my sisters head..oOps. And now I have lost a sister... these things are so trivial imsad

You have something special... treasure it ♥

LauraS
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
I've heard about the Australian brothers, it was a wonderful thing he did but it's so sad of course. My heart goes out to their family. :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!