/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salat.Whats your Excuse??

Endymion
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I have no idea whether anyone posted these pictures here before or not :embarrass.I posted them on Facebook and on UI and they were much appriciated.I found them really motivating so i decided to post them here as well :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Guess who ?

Abdul-Raouf
01-14-2011, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I have no idea whether anyone posted these pictures here before or not :embarrass.I posted them on Facebook and on UI and they were much appriciated.I found them really motivating so i decided to post them here as well :)
some of the pictures im seeing for the first time.

Thanks brother.

selsebil
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Jazakallahu Khair for sharing!

O my world-worshipping soul! Does your slackness in worship and remissness in the prescribed prayers arise from the multiplicity of your worldly occupations, or because you cannot find time due to the struggle for livelihood? Were you created only for this world that you spend all your time on it? You know that in regard to your abilities you are superior to all the animals, but in regard to procuring the necessities of worldly life you cannot compete with even a sparrow. So why can you not understand that your basic duty is not to labour like an animal, but to strive for a true, perpetual life, like a true human being.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
How do you pray Salat in space is what I want to know. There are Muslim astronauts.

Perseveranze
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
How do you pray Salat in space is what I want to know. There are Muslim astronauts.
Peace,

Muslims had to pray even in the midst of battle. I mean if the situation got really bad, then they could pray facing the enemy. Back when Christians used to enslave Muslim blacks and force them to convert to Christianity (or torture/die), they used to pretend to be Christians which was fine. However, their hearts had not been changed, and even though they were banned from performing any "Islamic actions", they used to pray with simply their eyes (so they don't realise). Thats how they kept their Islamic faith and contue'd it, if I find any articles videos on it I'll be more then happy to link you to them.

But the point is, you can pray in the most extreme of circumstances, there is little excuse, Allah(swt) is most understanding.

Darth Ultor
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Uh, not to sound rude, but when I asked about how they pray in space, I literally mean "how" as in what direction do they face and all that.

ardianto
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
We facing the earth as long as we can (Kabah is on earth, isn't it ?). We can make a 'modification', in example, we use "wall belt" and pray Salat in standing position without "ruku" and "sujud". And we follow time of place where we were take off, or follow the time of Makah.

noorseeker
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
JazakAllah khayran for the pics,

Loved the one in the snow

That video of those brothers praying, is in Birmingham city centre in front of the library lol
Its usually quite busy, but looks quiet

Perseveranze
01-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Uh, not to sound rude, but when I asked about how they pray in space, I literally mean "how" as in what direction do they face and all that.
Peace be to you,

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant. That's a hypothetical question, maybe someone can answer it better for you. But I should point out that if you didn't know where the direction of the Ka'ba was (like say you were praying on the Street or some place and you had no compass), then you can pray in any direction and it would still be valid. Your praying to God alone, the whole direction of Prayer is a symbol of unity for the Muslim Ummah.

Darth Ultor
01-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Snow can be used for Wudhu (if that's how it's spelled) if you don't have water and need to stop for prayer, right?

Ramadhan
01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Snow can be used for Wudhu (if that's how it's spelled) if you don't have water and need to stop for prayer, right?
yes, snow is a form of water.

even if there is no water, we can use dust for a modified short wudhu. It's called tayyamum. That's how I pray in a plane flight.

and if you are sick and cant get up from bed, you can do shalah while lying on the bed.

Endymion
01-15-2011, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Guess who ?
I think its Iranian President Mahmood Ahmedi Nayyad ^o)

**********To be continued********************

gohar98
01-15-2011, 05:38 PM
These pics are great! Salat is farz and it can be offered in any pak [pure+clean] place.

ardianto
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I think its Iranian President Mahmood Ahmedi Nayyad ^o)
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Yes, he is Iranian president.

~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
Lol. Just lol.

Endymion
05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Ah you are digging my roots now ;D I wonder where the pics gone :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!