/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your actions do tend to rub off on them

S.Belle
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Salams hope everyone is well inshallah

I just wanted to point out that the little things that we do actually gets the attention of unbelievers.
For example, saying Alhamdulilah, Inshallah, and Mashallah.
I have a cousin who comes around quite often when it comes to religion she is very open minded and has fasted Ramadan with us and listens to Islamic lectures (Please make dua that she accpets Islam) in general she just has a strong interest in Islam.
When hearing us say Alhamdulilah, Inshallah, Mashallah, etc she has asked what it means and we have explained.
Now that she knows everytime she makes plans she says Inshallah, if she is happy with the outcome of something she says Alhamdulilah and instead of saying Oh God help me she says Oh Allah help me and for a Christian to call on Allah and not Jesus kinda tickles me a bit lol but what I am trying to point out is that the lil things you do in front of your unbelieving family members or friends goes a long way.
So remember to be a good example of a follower of Islam your actions may spark a flame :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Good advice sister. If a Muslim acts how a Muslim should act, then their actions should speak for themselves Inshallah. Glorifying the name of Allah(swt) throughout your day is beautiful.

GuestFellow
01-14-2011, 11:35 PM
:sl:

Mashallah, good reminder. I need to keep this in mind too.

Innocent Soul
01-15-2011, 04:53 AM
Actually, we also have many non-muslim teachers. One of them mostly say Allah instead of god. She always says us that every religion teaches us to do good. She so humorous. She once said us that no religion says us to slap our parents or to kill each other and the whole class will start laughing. :giggling:

May Allah guide her to Islam. :)
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
01-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Nice thread, Mila.

But I have heard from some Muslims who have a problem with non-Muslims using the term Allah to describe God. What are your thoughts on that?

S.Belle
01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Ive heard that as well but personally it doesnt bother me bc well at least they know that Allah is God bc some non muslims think Allah is a sun/moon god that muslims worship or for instance my mom got asked by this lady ''so muhammad (pbuh) is your God and Allah is ur prophet?''.
It may get a bit confusing when a non muslim refers to god as Allah bc u may think they're muslims when they are not but i see it more of respect/understanding for Islam.

Endymion
01-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Of course,every person is an Ambassador of his religion.It is our duty to represent our religion in a good way and try to spread Islam in every possible way :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Salams hope everyone is well inshallah

Now that she knows everytime she makes plans she says Inshallah, if she is happy with the outcome of something she says Alhamdulilah and instead of saying Oh God help me she says Oh Allah help me and for a Christian to call on Allah and not Jesus kinda tickles me a bit lol but what I am trying to point out is that the lil things you do in front of your unbelieving family members or friends goes a long way.
So remember to be a good example of a follower of Islam your actions may spark a flame :D
Lol.... I can feel the bliss :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Actually, we also have many non-muslim teachers. One of them mostly say Allah instead of god. She always says us that every religion teaches us to do good. She so humorous. She once said us that no religion says us to slap our parents or to kill each other and the whole class will start laughing. :giggling:

May Allah guide her to Islam. :)
Ameen
True.My Mother also told me that every religion teach good to its followers.We can gain wisdom from any where :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Of course,every person is an Ambassador of his religion
I must say this line inspires me masha'Allaah

Jazakallaahu Khaayr a great reminder sis..

S.Belle
06-09-2011, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

True.My Mother also told me that every religion teach good to its followers.We can gain wisdom from any where :statisfie
thats very true

format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
your actions may spark a flame

*GASP* Flammy!!....lol

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I did the same for a while before I officially converted/reverted to Islam. Even when I was still a Christian, I prayed to God directly, and I would sometimes say "inshallah" or "alhamdulillah". I mostly did it at first because I thought it sounded cool and different, but after a while I really began to believe it. It was at that point that I even started calling God "Allah". I was pretty much already a Muslim, I just hadn't taken shahada or practiced salat yet.

Haya emaan
06-09-2011, 06:38 PM
JAZAKALLAH sister very truly said..

not just words work every time. the actions can also do a lot..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!