/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgetfulness during salaat

Mr Fussy
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Alhamdulillah I have started praying my salaat recently, but I seem to forget which raka'at I'm in. For example I'm praying 4 raka'at Asr and I forget if I'm in my third or fourth raka'at. When this happens what is one supposed to do and what I can do to help concentrate more in my prayer to avoid this from happening.

jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2011, 01:04 AM
:sl:
sajtaul sahw comes to mind. shieikh ibn uthaymeen rahimahullah has written a small book about this. its a bit confusing at first but inshallah its not the hard to understand.

here's the link.

Innocent Soul
01-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Sometimes it happens with us also. When you are reading the first rakah keep in mind that I am reading first rakah then when you go in second remember I'm in second and soo on.
While you are praying the last rakah if you don't remember whether you have prayed the first rakah or second or third then do sajdah-e-sahu.

Its somewhat confusing if you don't understand may be other members will help you.

Ramadhan
01-15-2011, 02:41 AM
whenever you are starting to realize which rakaah you are in, you may pick on whichever rakaah you feel more strongly.
So for example, you are starting the fourth rakaah, but you can't remember. and you start thinking whether you are starting the third or the fourth. if you feel leaning towards the third then you should do the third, but if you are leaning towards the fourth then do the fourth. but do not waste time overthinking it. and when after you finish with tahiyyat akhir (the last sitting) before salaam, you should do sujood sahwi.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr Fussy
01-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Jazakallah khair for all your help...... When performing sajdah sahw I would make Salaam to the right only and then perform the 2 Sajdah and after this, read the Attahiyaat, the Durood-e-Ebrahim, the Dua and complete my Salaat with the Salaams? Please correct me if have got the Sajdah sahw wrong.

Jazakallah khair

Innocent Soul
01-15-2011, 12:53 PM
^ Brother you are right. This is the way to perform sajdah sahu :)

Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2011, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr Fussy
Jazakallah khair for all your help...... When performing sajdah sahw I would make Salaam to the right only and then perform the 2 Sajdah and after this, read the Attahiyaat, the Durood-e-Ebrahim, the Dua and complete my Salaat with the Salaams? Please correct me if have got the Sajdah sahw wrong.

Jazakallah khair
i didnt know this. i always thought you should have to say both salaams. can you post some evidence for this?

Innocent Soul
01-15-2011, 01:25 PM
I gota link in which how to perform sajdah sahu is written.
http://www.islamicvoice.com/January2008/Fiqh/

Mr Fussy
01-15-2011, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
^ Brother you are right. This is the way to perform sajdah sahu :)

Jazakallah khair sister :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i didnt know this. i always thought you should have to say both salaams. can you post some evidence for this?
The source from which I used was madinasharif.wordpress.com/2008/08/22/sajdah-sahw/

Esther462
01-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I sometimes forget how many raka'at Ive done, esperley when I havent prayed for a few days. If you do forget, think of which raka'at your on and if you try to deside between 2 No.s, Ive been told and read, go with the lower No. and continue from that No. .Thats what I do.
Allah will be pleased you have prayed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!