/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Freeloaders!

Beardo
01-15-2011, 03:42 PM
When it comes to financial needs (or everything, pretty much – but the focus on this post is finance), I praise God constantly for giving me the ability to afford all the necessities of life and beyond. I can’t really say or remember my parents ever denying me a chocolate bar at the grocery or textbooks for school. As a matter of fact, my mom insisted on buying me my new Adidas Beckhams’ just two days ago.

However, it itches me when people don’t recognize or they simply expect certain things. For example, I’ll describe two of my friends as per an event that happened last night:

- We went out to dinner and my friend didn’t have enough cash on him. He had $3, half of what his meal would cost. So he handed me $3 and expected me to complete the rest of his payment. There was no “please” or “thank you.” Again, I don’t expect anything, and I try not to let these things bother me, as they should be performed with an open and good heart. However, everyone has pet peeves and I’m no different. (This wasn’t his first time, either.)

- There is another friend who is practically my neighbor. Every week I attend this distant youth group about 25 miles away from my home. Considering he’s my neighbor and we’re both striving to be better people, I take him with me. Despite the fact that he’s my neighbor, he insists on paying for his share of the gas. Last night he had $2 on him, which was more than his share, actually. But he felt it was little.

And to be quite frank, even if he had given me fifty cents, I would have been satisfied. Because to me, again, I praise God for providing me with that financial capability. However, it’s the principle of the matter that counts most to me. I don’t appreciate freeloaders, as it does sever friendships.

Or is this pet peeve just mine? Felt the same way?
Would really appreciate if you commented on the site (too). =D

http://invalidtruth.com/blog/principle-of-the-matter/

Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!