/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Stempy
01-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Hello,

I'm Matt, a follower of Jesus from the UK. I'm here to learn more about you as Muslim people, what you believe, how you live, and (most importantly) the kinds of questions that you ask about the world and its Creator. I hope and pray that through our discussions together we will be led closer to knowledge of truth, goodness and beauty.

As this is my introduction thread, I should really tell you a few things about myself! I'm engaged to be married this coming July(!); I am a Maths teacher in a good secondary school in the South of England; I have played chess since I can remember, and I credit the game with much of the way I think; I am an avid reader, especially of philosophy and Christian theology; I am an orthodox Christian, an evangelical and a member of a Church of England (Anglican) congregation.

If you want to know anything else about me, I'm happy to answer any questions, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the forums! :)

Matt

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
01-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Peace to you Matt,

Welcome to the forums :)

aadil77
01-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask any questions

congrats on being engaged - islam strongly emphasizes marriage over any out of marriage relationships

I am an orthodox Christian, an evangelical and a member of a Church of England (Anglican) congregation.
All three?

Stempy
01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Peace to you Matt,

Welcome to the forums :)
Thank you for your welcome Perseveranze (I like the name!) and Peace to you as well.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask any questions

congrats on being engaged - islam strongly emphasizes marriage over any out of marriage relationships
Thanks, aadil77!

All three?
I'm surprised at your question as I don't see any conflict between any of them - evangelicalism is a particular movement within orthodox Christianity, and Anglicanism is an orthodox Christian tradition which has strong ties with evangelicalism. Do you consider there to be some kind of tension between them?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the forums. You may be somewhat surprized to discover that quite a few of us here were at one time Christians.

Feel free to ask any questions. The majority of the admins and Mods don't bite. I believe only one admin is ever grouchy.

Enjoy yourself and perhaps in the interest of better understandings we can all learn from each other.

PouringRain
01-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Zafran
01-16-2011, 01:51 AM
welcome to the forum

Hope you enjoy your stay here

S.Belle
01-16-2011, 04:02 AM
welcome to the forum
hope u enjoy it here

Amat Allah
01-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Wellcome my respected brother to IB as a new memeber of our precious big family, enjoy your stay and feel free to ask whatever you want in shaa Allah...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness Aameen

leaving you under Allah`s sight...

Stempy
01-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks Woodrow, PouringRain, Zafran, Mila and Amat Allah for your kind words!

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Welcome to the forums. You may be somewhat surprized to discover that quite a few of us here were at one time Christians.
I'd be really interested to hear the stories and reasons people have had for becoming Muslims. Were you a Christian at one time yourself?

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Wellcome my respected brother to IB as a new memeber of our precious big family, enjoy your stay and feel free to ask whatever you want in shaa Allah...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness Aameen

leaving you under Allah`s sight...
Thank you for your touching words Amat Allah. I believe that there are many paths to happiness in this life, but only one that leads to endless happiness, and that is the path to truth.

Ramadhan
01-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the forum and may you have enjoyable and beneficial stay!

format_quote Originally Posted by Stempy
I'd be really interested to hear the stories and reasons people have had for becoming Muslims. Were you a Christian at one time yourself?
you can read the stories of reverts, including unc. woodrow's, in this thread http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

Amat Allah
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Thank you for your touching words Amat Allah. I believe that there are many paths to happiness in this life, but only one that leads to endless happiness, and that is the path to truth.
You are very wellcome my respected brother. We are all believe that the only path which leads to the endless happiness is the path to The Truth my noble brother. May Allah give you the best of this life and of the Hereafter and all of the creatures of our Lord too...Aameen

Woodrow
01-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks Woodrow, PouringRain, Zafran, Mila and Amat Allah for your kind words!

Yes, I was once a Christian and at one point a seminarian to be a Priest. After leaving Catholicism I became a fundamental Evangelist and spent a number of years preaching to Muslims throughout North Africa and the Mideast. I was in my older years and long retired from employment before I accepted Islam.

This link will take you to a thread that has the stories of Reverts,

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

many of them the stories of reverts that are members here. My story is Post number 125 should be on about page 9

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...tml#post323571

aadil77
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised at your question as I don't see any conflict between any of them - evangelicalism is a particular movement within orthodox Christianity, and Anglicanism is an orthodox Christian tradition which has strong ties with evangelicalism. Do you consider there to be some kind of tension between them?
Not tension, maybe just a difference of beliefs, I have a greek orthodox friend who says their beliefs are quite different to those of protestants

Rafeeq
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Peace.

Welcome to the forum.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Greetings of peace Stempy

welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here and have the chance to learn about Islaam.

It is indeed a great place to gain knowledge about Islaam and hopefully you will learn more about how a muslim lives in his daily and every day life.

And Congratulations on getting Engaged.

..peace..

Stempy
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Not tension, maybe just a difference of beliefs, I have a greek orthodox friend who says their beliefs are quite different to those of protestants
Oh I understand now, sorry - there is a difference between orthodox (small 'o') and Orthodox (big 'O'): orthodox Christianity just means any form of Christianity that accepts the Nicene Creed; Orthodox Christianity refers to the Eastern Orthodox tradition (e.g. Greek Orthodox Church). You're right that there is a difference of beliefs between Protestantism and Eastern Orthodoxy, the same kind of differences that there are between Protestantism and Catholicism. I don't consider myself to fit entirely within any of those major traditions (that is one of the reasons why I attend an Anglican church, because it is accepting of a very broad range of theological views).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!