/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Everything is for Allah's Sake

Samiun
01-16-2011, 03:16 PM
:sl:, I have learned from a friend that if you say everything for Allah's Sake even when you're eating, driving, cycle, you know? All the daily stuff. If you say it you'll be afraid of Allah because you won't dare say it if you're going to do a bad deed. My question is, if everything is for the sake of Allah S.W.T., wouldn't that sound like as if Allah S.W.T. needs us? I know that Allah S.W.T. is free of help, he doesn't need us, we need him. I understand that, but this sentence which we use in our daily prayers or more accurate, everything that we're going to do in this dunya makes me feel that Allah S.W.T. needs us which is not the case. I hope that someone can elaborate more on this sentence.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
01-16-2011, 03:58 PM
salaam

What about in "the name of Allah swt".

peace

S.Belle
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
My question is, if everything is for the sake of Allah S.W.T., wouldn't that sound like as if Allah S.W.T. needs us?
No not at all
For example, you may buy flowers for your mother's happiness she doesnt need them but u bought the flowers for the sake of seeing her happy.
It is the same when you do something for the sake of Allah you are doing it to make Him be pleased with you.

R Khan
01-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Assalamu alaykum

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

In other words if you do such and such a thing for Allah's pleasure then He will be pleased with you and you shall maximize the rewards gained. However if do not have the correct niyyah then you will not gain rewards for it. It is also a way to show obedience in front of Allah and is a check in preventing you from pleasing people instead of Allah. The first from our ummah to be thrown into the Hellfire will be a Mujahid who fought in the path of Allah so that others would rate him and think highly of him, the next will be a Scholar who conveyed the message to show off, then someone who paid sadaqah so others will respect him - this is why your niyyah is important and you must do everything for Allah's pleasure.

Allah subhana watala is not in need of us at all. Even if the whole of creation turned to Him and worshiped Him - He would not gain an atoms worth in His kingdom, and similarly if all of creation turned away from Him and went astray - He would not lose an atoms weight worth from His kingdom.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
selsebil
01-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
Allah Almighty has no need of our worship or our actions for His pleasure, nor indeed of anything else. It is we who needs to worship or acting in the name of Allah, for in truth you are sick. Worship is a sort of remedy for our spiritual wounds. If someone who is ill responds to a compassionate doctor who insists on his taking medicines that are beneficial for his condition by saying: “What need do you have of it that you are insisting in this way?”, you can understand how absurd it would be.

greenvalley
01-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Salaam,

Allah SWT doesn't need our prayers.We need Him.If we act for the sake of Allah, we can find a benefit in every thing both for dunya and ahirat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!