/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

anonymous
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Please advice me!

My sister needed her phone topped up so I went to top it up for her. I gave the guy 20 pounds, somehow he ended up putting 40 pounds credit on my sisters phone. My sister asked me if I put 40 pounds? I didnt, i'm very sure that I gave him 20 pounds. We came to know of this only after we arrived home hours later. My sister says its not our fault, we gave him 20 he put 40 its not our mistake.

couple of days later, i'm now worried what if Allah is trying to see what I will do. I was the one who paid the money, so will it be my sin? I told my sister that I will pay the guy a visit and give his 20 pounds back, but sis says how? The money was not cash he put as credit on her phone. On the receipt it also says that I paid 20 pounds. I'm confused. I dont want to be a thief in the eyes of Allah. Please tell me what I can do. Jzk.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
just pay the guy the extra 20 pounds, thats what I would do

S.Belle
01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
explain to him that he made mistake when adding 40 and pay him the 20 pounds

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2011, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Please advice me!

My sister needed her phone topped up so I went to top it up for her. I gave the guy 20 pounds, somehow he ended up putting 40 pounds credit on my sisters phone. My sister asked me if I put 40 pounds? I didnt, i'm very sure that I gave him 20 pounds. We came to know of this only after we arrived home hours later. My sister says its not our fault, we gave him 20 he put 40 its not our mistake.

couple of days later, i'm now worried what if Allah is trying to see what I will do. I was the one who paid the money, so will it be my sin? I told my sister that I will pay the guy a visit and give his 20 pounds back, but sis says how? The money was not cash he put as credit on her phone. On the receipt it also says that I paid 20 pounds. I'm confused. I dont want to be a thief in the eyes of Allah. Please tell me what I can do. Jzk.
Asalaamu Alaikum, it is a good thing to be worried about such a thing because it shows you have imaan (faith) and fear of Allah. Some people think these cases are "minor" and of no relevance but they should realise that on the day of judgement every atom of injustice will be put right even if it was for a single penny.

I think you should go to the shop keeper and tell him exactly what happened and he will surely admire you for your honesty. If he asks you for the money then give it to him or if he tells you that you do not have to pay him back then at least you will have peace of mind and that you told him the truth and Allah will be pleased with your honesty if your intentions are right and the sincerety is there.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
01-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Maybe there was a promotion program by the mobile provider that you automatically get double amount from the cash you put in.

I know because of intense competition between mobile providers, this kind of program is very popular in Indonesia.

But yes, if you want to know for certain, you need to go and ask the shopkeeper directly.

Something similar happened to me a month ago, but it involved cakes (you know i love cakes lol).
I bought 4 cakes, but on the way home I looked again and there were 5 cakes in the bag, so I went back to the shop wanting to give extra money, but the shopkeeper told me there was a program of "buy 4, get 5" for the day.

ardianto
01-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum.

I am sure you topped up your sister's phone not in my place because you are living in UK and my mini top up shop is in Bandung, Indonesia. :D

Okay, back to topic. You should back to that shop and ask him where the 20 pounds credit came from ?. If that's a promotion program, there's no problem. But if that was caused by a mistake, you should ask and negotiate with him how to solve this problem.

Actually this is not your mistake, but .......... read post from brother Hamza81. (Asalaamu Alaikum, brother Hamza. Let me quote your post).

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum, it is a good thing to be worried about such a thing because it shows you have imaan (faith) and fear of Allah. Some people think these cases are "minor" and of no relevance but they should realise that on the day of judgement every atom of injustice will be put right even if it was for a single penny.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!