/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever shrugged off a possible encounter with Jinns?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

very simple question,

has anyone ever truelly felt like they have just had an encounter with jinns, then over time, shrugged it off as a figment of their imagination due to intense fear or something like that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Walaykum as Salaam

no .

S.Belle
01-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Walaykum Salam
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
has anyone ever truelly felt like they have just had an encounter with jinns, then over time, shrugged it off as a figment of their imagination due to intense fear or something like that

Ive had an encounter and no i still havent shrugged it off...too impossible.

Darth Ultor
01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
No. But what may have been an encounter with a Jinn could have just been my own unease getting the better of me. Then again, my dog was very uncomfortable too. Animals can sense the "otherworldly" more than humans.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sigma
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
No unfortunately not. If i encountered one, although i'd be very scared at the time I'd be elated afterwards as it would prove the supernatural and metaphysical.

Endymion
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

very simple question,

has anyone ever truelly felt like they have just had an encounter with jinns, then over time, shrugged it off as a figment of their imagination due to intense fear or something like that?
Im not intrested in having an encounter with a Jinn :hmm: I think my brothers are enough for me +o(

IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
I have no interest in encountering jinns

yet something occured last night which i cant shake off as being normal at all,

At 6:30am last night in my sleep I felt something crawl up my legs, then I felt a HUGE pressure on my chest, then when I opened my eyes I saw a figure right before me, a figure on the right, and a figure on the top right (all three spaces which are suppose to be empty in my room), for some reason i did NOT shut my eyes, I kept staring at the figure... and recited ayatul kursi/surah ikhlas/surah nas and surah falaq till i felt the pressure ease and the figure disappeared.

No matter how many times i think about it I cant shrug it off as my imagination.

SubhanAllah I dont know what to say about this to be honest. All I know is im going to be extra careful to make dua's before sleeping tonight.

Sigma
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM

At 6:30am last night in my sleep I felt something crawl up my legs, then I felt a HUGE pressure on my chest, then when I opened my eyes I saw a figure right before me, a figure on the right, and a figure on the top right (all three spaces which are suppose to be empty in my room), for some reason i did NOT shut my eyes, I kept staring at the figure... and recited ayatul kursi/surah ikhlas/surah nas and surah falaq till i felt the pressure ease and the figure disappeared.

No matter how many times i think about it I cant shrug it off as my imagination.

SubhanAllah I dont know what to say about this to be honest. All I know is im going to be extra careful to make dua's before sleeping tonight.
Which country are you from? That sounds absolutely terrifying

Tyrion
01-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Hm... To be honest, sounds like it could have been sleep paralysis. I dunno, but I don't think people should be too quick to dismiss things as being Jinn encounters. :p

IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

Hm... To be honest, sounds like it could have been sleep paralysis. I dunno, but I don't think people should be too quick to dismiss things as being Jinn encounters. :p
THe only reason i posted this is because im wishing i HAVENT encountered a jinn lol, i honestly honestly wish i havent.

and brother, im currently in an isolated countryside village called yarnfield, UK near stafford. I have been sent here with a few more people from my workplace for training purposes. I am living alone in a desolate area.

S.Belle
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM

omg my experince was similar to yours and I was not experiencing sleep paralysis either
I was lying on my stomach (which i shouldnt have done in the first place) and i heard my closet door creak really loud and i saw it kinda opened i didnt think much of it maybe the air blew it open or something but then i started to get the feeling that i wasnt alone.
Then i felt pressure on my legs and lower back i ignored it but then i felt it moving and the pressure got really stronger and I started to feel really dizzy and nasueous.
I said A'uzu bil Allah min al shaitan al rajeem and the moving stopped but i still felt the pressure (less strong) and the dizzy feeling I said it again and the pressure and the dizzy feeling went away completely but i still felt like something was watching me still so I said it again and that feeling went away as well
It definitely shook me up and I pray that no one has to experience something like this inshallah

Hossam Al-Deen
01-17-2011, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
No. But what may have been an encounter with a Jinn could have just been my own unease getting the better of me. Then again, my dog was very uncomfortable too. Animals can sense the "otherworldly" more than humans.
I believe dogs can not only sense, but they can actually see the jinn. If I am wrong someone correct me.

Hossam Al-Deen
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
The most I get is the feeling the I feel like someone is walking around the house when I am asleep, when I know no one is. Or that feeling when you are closing the light behind you in a dark place and once you turn off the lights, you feel like something is walking right behind you.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

omg my experince was similar to yours and I was not experiencing sleep paralysis either
I was lying on my stomach (which i shouldnt have done in the first place) and i heard my closet door creak really loud and i saw it kinda opened i didnt think much of it maybe the air blew it open or something but then i started to get the feeling that i wasnt alone.
Then i felt pressure on my legs and lower back i ignored it but then i felt it moving and the pressure got really stronger and I started to feel really dizzy and nasueous.
I said A'uzu bil Allah min al shaitan al rajeem and the moving stopped but i still felt the pressure (less strong) and the dizzy feeling I said it again and the pressure and the dizzy feeling went away completely but i still felt like something was watching me still so I said it again and that feeling went away as well
It definitely shook me up and I pray that no one has to experience something like this inshallah

I hope you kno ayatul kursi sis

nothing gives me more peace then those ayah

Amoeba
01-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't recall anything for definite. I have had some unusual experiences but I think it was just stuff going on in my head at the time, and not jinn. Like I got a lot of vivid dreams and sleep paralysis and some confusion from time to time.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Assalaamu `Alaaykum

Ive never been encountered by them and i definetly do NOT ever want to have either, reading your posts almost terrified me enough. But if i have its probably some family member walking downstairs or some family member walking around the house, even then i recite Ayatul kursi even though its a human as it can still be scary. :-\

But i do know of my kitten, she sometimes looks around the room like she sees something there, at the ceiling or wall, she sometimes sits next to the wall staring at it (but i think that is due the loud talking neighbours) i find that geeky, but it may also be me being geeky as well :-\

..peace..

IAmZamzam
01-17-2011, 09:35 PM
My sister saw a djinni once. Twice, actually, but she seemed to think the other time it was just a ghost. I'm certain it was a djinn. She sort of did shrug it off, in a way, because she remains a Christian to this day despite djinn not exactly fitting readily into that belief system.

Cabdullahi
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
sometimes i feel as though someone staring right at my face...but theres no face just a strong presence

Alpha Dude
01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
That does sound scary. Recite Surah Baqarah. Even a few pages if you can.

Darth Ultor
01-17-2011, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
sometimes i feel as though someone staring right at my face...but theres no face just a strong presence
That could be the government. lol

aadil77
01-17-2011, 11:32 PM

it might be a female jinni tryin to mess with you :D

aadil77
01-17-2011, 11:35 PM
I swear a jinn opened my curtains once ;D, I closed them cause it was gettin dark outside, came back downstairs and they were open - silly jinn

Maryan0
01-17-2011, 11:52 PM
When I was a kid the doorknob to my room kept twisting and the door would open and then it would close over and over again. I thought it could have been the wind but I dont think the wind can twist a doorknob. I wasnt scared though. I'm like those people in horror movies that are always skeptical and go and investigate and die first:p.
There was this one incident when I was at the mosque and the sheik started to read Quran and the lady in front of me started screaming that she was burning and her bones were melting, that really scared me. I think she was possessed.
Salam

GuestFellow
01-17-2011, 11:53 PM
:sl:

No, never had any contact with a Jinn.

Ramadhan
01-18-2011, 02:26 AM
I used to live in an apartment that was built on a former cemetary that had been grazed over and relocated. Well, truth is, the surrounding apartment buildings are still cemetary.
There were already many jinn encounter stories from other residents and a friend of mine actually moved out when he was fed up with jinn appearances in his apartment.

My story goes like this: I shared the apartment with a roommate, an agnostic american who never believed in any jinn stories and very skeptical with the whole thing. One night I was out of the apartment and my roomate and cousin were in the living room, talking and watching tv. Suddenly they heard really loud noises from the kitchen area (separated by a door), so they assumed it was me coming home and entered the apartment through the kitchen door and did some cooking. So they called my name, but no responses. Somebody kept turning on and off the water faucet and bang the pans in the kitchen (the unit next door is empty, so it was not the neighbour, and anyway the apartment walls are pretty thick and we were on a 26th floor). They got pretty scared, and after a while, and carrying a stick (my roommate thought it must have been intruder, while my cousin was already convinced it was a jinn), they ventured into the kitchen. the sound suddenly stopped. Nothing happened in the kitchen, and it was still as spotless as before.
half hour after that, when I finally, actually got home, entering the apartment from the main door, i saw their pale faces, and they told me this story.

Since this is indonesia, we have plenty of jinn stories, and my cousins and brothers have direct encounters with them.

MustafaMc
01-18-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't recall having an experience that could have been an encounter with a jinn.

جوري
01-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Plenty.. not sure why I don't find them as scary as real life except of course when it is happening.. lol..
they're what can be referred to as 'hypnopompic sleep paralysis' however those really have no real 'scientific explanation' so the term is rendered to a widely experienced phenomenon .. I was awake/very conscious but at the same time asleep I don't know how to describe it, and there was a black figure to my left, my whole body was frozen in place couldn't move it and especially not my tongue to recite Quran, then it started hugging me so I recited Quran in my heart until it came into my tongue.. then the creature left the bed and entered into the closet ...

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Plenty.. not sure why I don't find them as scary as real life except of course when it is happening.. lol..
they're what can be referred to as 'hypnopompic sleep paralysis' however those really have no real 'scientific explanation' so the term is rendered to a widely experienced phenomenon .. I was awake/very conscious but at the same time asleep I don't know how to describe it, and there was a black figure to my left, my whole body was frozen in place couldn't move it and especially not my tongue to recite Quran, then it started hugging me so I recited Quran in my heart until it came into my tongue.. then the creature left the bed and entered into the closet ...

pretty much exactly the same as mine then.

funny thing is... in my dream i dreamed someone was coming over to me - then as i awoke i found the figure resting upon my chest...

Endymion
01-19-2011, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

I also think that the Jinny came to meet Brother IbnAbdulHakim was 'hypnopompic sleep paralysis' :D.It happens to lots of people and majority put the blame on Jinns instead of visiting a Doctor :embarrass
Do Jinns actually play with humans like that ^o)

جوري
01-19-2011, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I also think that the Jinny came to meet Brother IbnAbdulHakim was 'hypnopompic sleep paralysis' .It happens to lots of people and majority put the blame on Jinns instead of visiting a Doctor Do Jinns actually play with humans like that

what would a doctor do? This phenomenon is already described as a 'hypnopompic sleep paralysis' and doctors themselves have it all the time so it would be a perfect waste of time and money.. Does any doctor know what causes a 'hypnopompic sleep paralysis'.. do we know what causes seizures? There are very few known causes to seizures most of them are primary controlled with meds but no organic cause can be found.. Leaves plenty of room for other worldly explanations but most would like to stop at the diagnosis and management of the event!

Ansariyah
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Woaah freaky stories! Alhamdulilah I never had such experience.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!