/* */

PDA

View Full Version : KFC Employee rage FTL

aamirsaab
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
So there was an incident in this place I like to call my second home, You earthlings refer to it as KFC or some other completely un-befittng name. Anyway, customer ends up abusing the employee, employee rages and this is captured by the customer (because he is...well the word escapes me right now, but I remember it rhymed with pick).

That's pretty bad right? Well it gets worse.

The news starts completely lying about the incident acting like complete homo I mean islamophobes.

Oh sod it, you aren't even paying attention. Just watch the 15 minute vid below.

Finger lickin chicken

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
That guy made a great point in saying that most people already eat foods that are considered halal (fish, nuts, bread, etc).
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

Dagless
01-17-2011, 05:11 PM
It was a good video but has lost a few points imo because it spent time answering comments from Colbert. The problem is Colbert is satire!
Btw doesn't KFC have cameras? They should have pulled the tape for that day and posted to youtube so people could see the whole incident. Other customers should start filming too if this kind of thing continues.

جوري
01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I did enjoy it...thanks for sharing.. liked that lunatic Zionist swearing all sorts of obscenities about his 'God given land'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
01-17-2011, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
It was a good video but has lost a few points imo because it spent time answering comments from Colbert. The problem is Colbert is satire!
Btw doesn't KFC have cameras? They should have pulled the tape for that day and posted to youtube so people could see the whole incident. Other customers should start filming too if this kind of thing continues.
They weren't answering colbert, just referencing him to illustrate their point about how retardedly anti-islamics act.

I'm sure KFC do have cctv though, but this incident (being an islam related one at that) travelled faster than the speed of light on the internet; and the clearly biased news networks didn't exactly slow things down either. Sucks to be that employee, sucks to be KFC and It also sucks to be the chicken in a KFC bucket...

M.I.A.
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
remember people trolling occurs "irl"

best to not lose youre head in these situations

GuestFellow
01-17-2011, 06:48 PM
:sl:

I felt bad for the KPC employee but he should not have gotten angry.

Mr Fussy
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I did enjoy it...thanks for sharing.. liked that lunatic Zionist swearing all sorts of obscenities about his 'God given land'
Hehe I too did enjoy that.

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I felt bad for the KPC employee but he should not have gotten angry.

Its easy to say that he should not have become angry, but we only saw a small part where he got angry and we did not see or know what had transpired before. It is easy to sit here and say he should not have got angry but how much would you have been to tolerate before getting angry. A few years back I was also a victim of a similar incident at work and I too like the KFC employee got angry so wether he was muslim or not I can understand his anger.
As humans we do have a limit to how much we can tolerate before we blow our top.

Pygoscelis
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I agree with the guy in the video in making his point that we do not know the guy is even muslim. He does deserve to be fired. He is short tempered and potentially violent (knocking over the register). There is no excuse for that behaviour, no matter what was being said to him. But what does his "being muslim" have to do with anything? He's not angry via his religion, he's angry because some guy is harassing and recording him.

Side note, since when does a KFC allow franchises to not have bacon? I can understand the customer's frustration at discovering that, especially given KFC's TV adds. KFC isn't exactly healthy food and I don't think anybody would associate it with Muslim (Halal) or Jewish (Kosher) food. Makes about as much sense as associating it with Vegan food and them having no meat. "The New Double Down: Vegan Edition" lol. Or does Australia have some sort of special Muslim KFC brand?

aamirsaab
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pygoscelis
...Side note, since when does a KFC allow franchises to not have bacon? I can understand the customer's frustration at discovering that, especially given KFC's TV adds. KFC isn't exactly healthy food and I don't think anybody would associate it with Muslim (Halal) or Jewish (Kosher) food. Makes about as much sense as associating it with Vegan food and them having no meat. "The New Double Down: Vegan Edition" lol. Or does Australia have some sort of special Muslim KFC brand?
I think in KFC's halal only outlets they don't have bacon, seeing as that meat is strictly forbidden in Islam so it would make sense not to have it on the premises (and thus not on offer).

This thread, even though I am responsible for it, is making me hungry. For KFC *chicken dance*

Ramadhan
01-18-2011, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Side note, since when does a KFC allow franchises to not have bacon?
NO KFC in Indonesia serve any pork products.
I think you need to get out a bit.
And I assume that's also the case in all majority muslim countries.
Australia does have big muslim population in metropolitan areas, so I assume in those areas KFC serve only halal food to cater to those communities.

KFC isn't exactly healthy food and I don't think anybody would associate it with Muslim (Halal) or Jewish (Kosher) food. Makes about as much sense as associating it with Vegan food and them having no meat.
This does not make sense at all.
what does having no healthy food image got to do with halal food and the analogy with vegan food?

Unlike in north america, KFC in Indonesia has pretty good image.
*dialling 14052 to order original recipe chicken wings*

GuestFellow
01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr Fussy
Its easy to say that he should not have become angry, but we only saw a small part where he got angry and we did not see or know what had transpired before. It is easy to sit here and say he should not have got angry but how much would you have been to tolerate before getting angry. A few years back I was also a victim of a similar incident at work and I too like the KFC employee got angry so wether he was muslim or not I can understand his anger.
As humans we do have a limit to how much we can tolerate before we blow our top.
I understand customer services jobs are tough and you get all sorts of rude employees. Still getting angry is not wise...

He does deserve to be fired. He is short tempered and potentially violent (knocking over the register).
That is harsh. I don't think he deserved to be fired. I would have given him a second chance. Customer services jobs are stressful. He was not that violent either, he could have done a lot worse, like throwing the register at the customer's face.

Employees deserve to be treated with respect and customers should be told to leave if they are being disrespectful in my opinion.

He is short tempered .
We don't really know that. There are people who usually have good control over their temper and on some rare occasions, just flip and get angry.

I can understand the customer's frustration at discovering that, especially given KFC's TV adds.
I can't understand that...a reasonable person would buy something else or leave.

KFC isn't exactly healthy food and I don't think anybody would associate it with Muslim (Halal) or Jewish (Kosher) food. Makes about as much sense as associating it with Vegan food and them having no meat. "
...I don't understand your analogy....

Mr Fussy
01-18-2011, 11:04 PM
He does deserve to be fired. He is short tempered and potentially violent (knocking over the register). There is no excuse for that behaviour, no matter what was being said to him. But what does his "being muslim" have to do with anything? He's not angry via his religion, he's angry because some guy is harassing and recording him.
Yes he is being harrased and all the recording is showing is the employee getting angry and you can't pass judgement without knowing the full facts. Put your self in the employee's postion and somebody comes along while your at work decides to humiliate you infront of the people you work with and other customers what would you do? There is a limit to how much abuse and intimidation a person can take before he or she loses their temper.

Nobody should have go to work with the fear of being verbaly or physically attacked.

I understand customer services jobs are tough and you get all sorts of rude employees. Still getting angry is not wise...

That is harsh. I don't think he deserved to be fired. I would have given him a second chance. Customer services jobs are stressful. He was not that violent either, he could have done a lot worse, like throwing the register at the customer's face.

Employees deserve to be treated with respect and customers should be told to leave if they are being disrespectful in my opinion.

We don't really know that. There are people who usually have good control over their temper and on some rare occasions, just flip and get angry.

I can't understand that...a reasonable person would buy something else or leave.
Yes getting angry is not wise but as I said before we don't know what transpired before and what was said to him. I happened to to be very humble and softly spoken person naturally but I'm very protective of my immediate family, close friends and my religion and the slightest attack physical or verbal against any of them and I too would lose my temper. None of us are perfect, we all have our faults and all it takes is some one to push the right buttons for any of us to flip.

GuestFellow
01-18-2011, 11:38 PM

Yes getting angry is not wise but as I said before we don't know what transpired before and what was said to him. I happened to to be very humble and softly spoken person naturally but I'm very protective of my immediate family, close friends and my religion and the slightest attack physical or verbal against any of them and I too would lose my temper. None of us are perfect, we all have our faults and all it takes is some one to push the right buttons for any of us to flip.

True but getting angry is not right, no matter what the other person has said. Of course, I do have sympathy for the people in those positions.

I remember a random mentally disturbed lady calling me an idiot for no reason. I had a bad day and I wanted to kick the women in the face and stamp on that women's face until her face cracks open but I took a deep breath and sat down on the bench.

I remember a scholar saying if your angry, sit down and if your still angry, lie down. I couldn't lie down on the street but sitting down calmed me down.

Anyway, don't let people get to you because they want you to respond. Don't waste your energy on these people because they are not worth it.

:shade: <-- I would look stupid if I wore sunglasses.

Issa Abdullah
01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm from Australia & these customers are Troublemakers, they went to a Muslim area where KFC have sighs that says no bacon just to start trouble. These customers come from some racist church towns who hate Islam. In Australia most Muslims are Arab who will fight anyone who talks about Islam in a bad way. Australia is one of the most racist countries who hate Islam & immigrants. The customers were lucky that the Employee didn't bash them. To the western Barbarian Crusaders Islam is here to stay forever you can do 3 things 1. Revert 2. Leave 3. End your lives. Don’t mess with Muslims.

Pygoscelis
01-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Agreed. But that is not what happened. He did not simply call the manager and have the customer get told to leave. He blew up, lashed out, and had to be physically restrained.

Mr Fussy
01-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Agreed. But that is not what happened. He did not simply call the manager and have the customer get told to leave. He blew up, lashed out, and had to be physically restrained.

Your speculating again you don't know if he called or did not call the manager, as I said before is all the recording shows is the employee getting angry and nothing on what transpired before. Don't be quick to pass judgement on someone if you don't have all the facts.

It seems to me you really have it in for the employee without having all the facts.

Pygoscelis
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I would fire that employee regardless of what transpired before, and I would not hire him in another customer service job if I saw this video before his interview. My primary concern as management would be the safety of the other customers and the spectacle (such as this video) that could be made to make my business look bad. If the customer was a major problem I would deal with them as manager or have the police come, and have the employee taken aside to another room where he can cool off. People in customer service industry need to learn to be professional and calm even in the face of whatever this customer was doing. It is not unusual for people in fast food outlets to have to deal with drunk and rude customers. Being able to diffuse, rather than escalate, the situation is part of the job.

GuestFellow
01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
There is too much speculation. The video does not present all the facts. The employee got angry at the customer because the customer was recording him. He got angry but he did not attack anyone. The customer behaviour should be taken into account as well. We do not know what happened before or after the incident. The manager must have gotten involved at some point. Who knows, the employee might have apologised.

Mr Fussy
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
had to be physically restrained.
The recording did not show the employee being physically restrained only walking away in a fit of anger.

GuestFellow
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
My primary concern as management would be the safety of the other customers and the spectacle (such as this video) that could be made to make my business look bad.
I watched the video again...the employee just walked away but very angrily. I doubt the customer was in any danger.

Mr Fussy
01-19-2011, 10:21 PM
I would fire that employee regardless of what transpired before, and I would not hire him in another customer service job if I saw this video before his interview. My primary concern as management would be the safety of the other customers and the spectacle (such as this video) that could be made to make my business look bad. If the customer was a major problem I would deal with them as manager or have the police come, and have the employee taken aside to another room where he can cool off. People in customer service industry need to learn to be professional and calm even in the face of whatever this customer was doing. It is not unusual for people in fast food outlets to have to deal with drunk and rude customers. Being able to diffuse, rather than escalate, the situation is part of the job.
From what I just read your only concern is a thug who turns up at one your establishments to cause trouble and not the safety of your employee...... If you was my employer I would get all my work colleagues together and go on strike. Then have you consider the impact that would have on your business.

Dealing with drunks and rude customers is not the same as dealing with a thug who is not drunk and fully aware of what he is going out to do by trying to cause racial unrest in a muslim community where he is fully aware that bacon is not served at an halal takeaway outlet which has signs in and out side the establishment informing the patrons of this.

GuestFellow
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
From what I just read your only concern is a thug who turns up at one your establishments to cause trouble and not the safety of your employee...... If you was my employer I would get all my work colleagues together and go on strike. Then have you consider the impact that would have on your business.

I agree employees working in major retail stores should receive protection, like a security guard. In this case, employee's right to privacy should be respected too. None of us would like being recorded without permission.

Mr Fussy
01-19-2011, 11:36 PM

I agree employees working in major retail stores should receive protection, like a security guard. In this case, employee's right to privacy should be respected too. None of us would like being recorded without permission.

An employer is legally bound by a duty of care to all its employees and if it means providing a security guard so be it. Some takeaway outlets on weekends and in the evenings do have contracts with companies to provide security guards here in the UK.

Employer's Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act.
You are responsible for the health and safety of your employees while they are at work. Your employees may be injured at work, or they or your former employees may become ill as a result of their work while in your employment.

BoredAgnostic
01-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I agree with this. Everyone has their days where they just get fed up with rude/obnoxious/loud/disrespectful people but his reaction was completely unprofessional. It would have been better for him to just walk quietly away before it escalated into all that. Knowing that he was being filmed, and that it would most likely end up on youtube, going into rage, even if it was justified, wasn't the smartest thing to do, especially since we only got a snippet of what actually happened-and people would come to their own, most likely wrong conclusions about the situation. Everything you do is a reflection of yourself, he had no obligation to stand there and take the abuse from the customer, he should have just walked away promptly, so yea, he does bear the responsibility of his actions.

LTGhostRiley
01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
The employee should have just ignored the customer. Eventually the customer will get tired of it. Best way to treat insults and curses are to ignore them because losers do that and losers dont deserve the attention, but if they resort to physical violence, you do what you gotta do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!