/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asallaam Alaykum

ApakalypsE
01-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Hello,
My name is Christopher I am 34 yrs old and I have recently reverted to Islam.I am from Virginia ,U.S.A. and was raised methodist christian and practiced christianity for 33 yrs.Growing I never really fit in with other people around me and always felt alone,I was deeply religious but put more time into helping people than just talking and studying religion.I cant really point to one thing that helped me with this choice in life,it was a combination.when I hear the Adhan it brings tears to my eyes the same can be said for when I listen to the recitation in arabic.I am still struggling right now to find myself in alot of ways,Ive lost my family and friends and job.Going to be homeless soon but I dont really care about that I am so proud to be muslim,And im so happy and feel blessed everyday that this gift was given to me Allah Akbar.Its hard here where I am to be muslim there are no others here but me.I live in a small rural christian town.I know the struggle I face daily is nothing compared to the strugglee of thoose who came before me,nor of thoose who are being persecuted overseas.I only hope to that I may one day find a wife and have children,to be able to provide for them and find true peace.I was addicted to drugs and alchohol I started drinking and usuing drugs around 12 yrs old and I have since quit I firmly belive if i had not reverted I would not have been able to quit,it has been a blessing and a comfort to me.Sorry if I have offended or done something that is not proper just wanted to share.Maybe I can find brothers and sisters here to talk to since I dont really have anyone to talk to in my daily life in the world.Once again Asallaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-18-2011, 07:35 AM
:wa:

Welcome to the forum and more importantly Islam. We are all here for you, brother. I only want to say that everything you face for God, will certainly be rewarded. The more Allah tests a person, the more that person is loved by God. May Allah grant you strength and patience to overcome these trials, and a wife and children.

ApakalypsE
01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway
:wa:

Welcome to the forum and more importantly Islam. We are all here for you, brother. I only want to say that everything you face for God, will certainly be rewarded. The more Allah tests a person, the more that person is loved by God. May Allah grant you strength and patience to overcome these trials, and a wife and children.
Asallam Alaykum Wa Rahmatuhlli Wa Barakatuh.
Thank You for the kind words Ukhti.I have faith that things will get better,as a matter of fact it is already better!

Abdul-Raouf
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Assalamu alaikkum wa rahmathullahi wa barakathuhu....welcome to Islam dear.. :)

ALLAHU AKBAR!..ALLAHU AKBAR!..ALLAHU AKBAR!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Wa `Alaaykum As-salaaam wa Rahmatullaah Brother

Masha`Allaah that is great news to hear we have a new family member and Alhamdulilaah! Allaahu Akbaar!

You are now following the correct path, the path the Jesus, Moses, Noah etc and the final Messenger Muhammad (Pbut) followed and the most beautiful path!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial (which im sure you will).

This forum is a great place for you to enjoy yourself, im sure you will meet a lot of brothers on this forum.

Subhaan`Allaah your post was deep, may Allaah swt grant you the the best for you in this dunya and the akeerah and increase in you strength and knowledge Ameen

..peace..

ApakalypsE
01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Asallaam alaykum ,
I am extremely happy and relieved to find this forum.I have a translation into english of the Noble Quran but as yet have no resources for hadith.I am already finding things here that I didnt know about such as different types of shirk.I am blessed to have been led to the truth Alhamdulilahi.I hope to become a good brother aand friend to all of you that come here as well as learn my deen.Really have been checking alot of lectures by Imran N Hosein ,Is there an opinion of him as far as a scholar.I lnow I greatly enjoy his lectures.There is a masjid here where I live but it is a nation of islam masjid I am of angle saxon ancestary so I was encouraged not to go back .Which i consider to be their loss,From what i know so far Islam is about truth lovew and submission to Allah,And is non compulsary as well not a religion of just one type of people as we are all unified as humanity.It Is truely a comfort for us from Allah.In closing I would like to thank everyone for the encouraging responses Insha Allah I will learn much.Please Feel free to message me and I will reply.

Ramadhan
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
:sl:

alhamdulillah
all praise is due to Allah for guiding you back to islam, and that is the greatest blessing anyone can have in this world.
May Allah make you steadfast in your deen and give you the best in this world and hereafter. amiin.
This world is a test for us and when we are patient to endure it, Allah has promised abundant of rewards, if not in this world then certainly in the hereafter. So I am praying for your sabaar (patience).

I hope your stay in this forum beneficial and enjoyable.

Ramadhan
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ApakalypsE
I am extremely happy and relieved to find this forum.I have a translation into english of the Noble Quran but as yet have no resources for hadith.
There are a few good online qur'an and hadiths:

http://quran.com/
http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
http://tanzil.net/
http://www.kalamullah.com/noble-quran.html
http://www.quranenglish.com/tafheem_quran/

a (not complete) collection of hadiths bukhari and muslim: http://ahadith.co.uk/

format_quote Originally Posted by ApakalypsE
There is a masjid here where I live but it is a nation of islam masjid
I think you need to be careful of nation of islam, because from what I've heard about them, their aqeedah/tawheed and practices can be said as outside of islam.

Also, if you do not mind, could you please share your story how you reverted and post it here http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html

Rafeeq
01-24-2011, 03:54 AM
:w:

Welcome to Islam and Islamic Board Akhi Christopher,

We are all here to listen you and your problems and might suggust you our humble opinion with deep affaction towards you.

I assure you that these problems you are facing are not long lasting but reward is very high and you are going to be honoured a very respectable position in heaven. Do pray for all of us to remain calm in the religion of peace and achieve end of our lives on Emaan (Belief in Allah and that Mohammad is His prophet)

MustafaMc
01-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Assalamu alaikum, Brother Christopher, welcome to Islam and to LI Forum. I, too, am a Caucasian American revert to Islam. I have ordered some books and video by Imran Hossein. On one video he denied the stoning punishment for adultery that causes some concern to me. The Nation of Islam has little to do with Islam other than the name. They believe that Allah appeared as a man in the 1930's, Muhammad Fard, and that Elijah Poole (Elijah Muhammad) was a prophet of Allah. Both of these beliefs are contrary to Islam.

Amat Allah
01-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

First of all Wellcome to Islam and Allahu Akbar I am really happy for ya my respected brother ,May Allah keep you firm on The Path of the truth and true happiness and all the Ummah Aameeeen. Then Wellcome to IB forum as a new precious and dear member of our big family, you are with your brothers and sisters here so, whenever you need anything just ask and by Allah`s Willing we will try our best to help ya after Allah...

and always remember my respected and noble brother that Allah Is always with us , may Allah be with you always and forever Aameeen

you and all of Allah`s creation will be in my Duaa (prayers) till the last breath of mine by Allah`s Willing...

take care of yourself...

leaving you under Allah`s sight, care and protection...

with all my respect and humility, your sister:

Amat Allah

selsebil
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Welcome to the forum.Hope it'd be beneficial for you.

PouringRain
01-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. Do you plan to change your name now that you have reverted to Islam? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!