/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness,,,,,Twice a Week !!!!

Al Shifa
01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said,

“ The deeds of the people are presented to Allah (SWT) twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays; He forgives all his believing slaves except for the one between whom and his brother is enmity. He says, “ Leave these two until they reconcile.”

Reported by Abu Hurairah in Sahih Muslim.

The Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, said,

“ It is not permissible for a man to forsake his brother Muslim for more than three nights, when they meet, each one turns his face away from the other. The better of the two is the one who is the first to greet the other with Salam.

Reported by Abu Ayyoob in Sahih Bukhari.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al Shifa;

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing, I have not heard this before.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace for all people

Eric

Abdul-Raouf
01-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Bro. Al-Shifa

Jazakallah khair.. for reminding.

Zafran
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Salaam

welcome to the forum and thanks for the reminder

May Allah swt bless you and your family

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Shifa
01-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Thank You All. Now please remeber these beautiful sayings and spread wherever possible to get the reward of acting upon the Hadith : "Convey from me, even if it is a single verse." Allah bless you.

selsebil
01-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
Jazakallahu Khair for sharing!
Comment for the second hadith:
Dispute and discord among the believers, and partisanship, obstinacy and envy, leading to rancour and enmity among them, are repugnant and vile, are harmful and sinful, by the combined testimony of wisdom and the supreme humanity that is Islam, for personal, social, and spiritual life. They are in short, poison for the life of man.

If you were to say that ordinary small stones are more valuable than the Ka‘ba and greater than Mount Uhud, it would be an ugly absurdity. So too, belief which has the value of the Ka‘ba, and Islam which has the splendour of Mount Uhud, as well as other Islamic attributes, demand love and concord; but if you prefer to belief and Islam certain shortcomings which arouse hostility, but in reality are like the small stones you too will be engaging in great injustice, foolishness, and sin!
The unity of belief necessitates also the unity of hearts, and the oneness of our creed demands the oneness of our society. You cannot deny that if you find yourself in the same regiment as someone, you will form a friendly attachment to him; a brotherly relation will come into being as a result of your both being submitted to the orders of a single commander. You will similarly experience a fraternal relation through living in the same town with someone. Now there are ties of unity, bonds of union, and relations of fraternity as numeous as the Divine Names that are shown and demonstrated to you by the light and consciousness of belief.

Pygoscelis
01-19-2011, 03:51 PM
The identifying as "slaves" in the first hadith is disturbing, but the second hadith is beautiful and should be taken up by all, muslim or not.

Ramadhan
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
The identifying as "slaves" in the first hadith is disturbing, but the second hadith is beautiful and should be taken up by all, muslim or not.

we muslims refer to all humans as "slaves" or "servants" of Allah.
why is it disturbing?

Pygoscelis
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Not sure how to answer that besides just saying that I find slavery disturbing. To each their own, I suppose.

Ramadhan
01-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Not sure how to answer that besides just saying that I find slavery disturbing. To each their own, I suppose.
You are a canadian, aren't you?
and your head of state is the queen of england, right?
the citizens of a king/queen are referred to as "subjects"

From http://www.thesaurus.com

Main Entry: subject
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: at the mercy of; answerable
Synonyms: accountable, apt, at one's feet, bound by, captive, collateral, conditional, contingent, controlled, dependent, directed, disposed, enslaved, exposed, governed, in danger of, inferior, liable, likely, obedient, open, prone, provisional, ruled, satellite, secondary, sensitive, servile, slavish, sub, subaltern, subjugated, submissive, subordinate, subservient, substract, susceptible, tentative, tributary, under, vulnerable
Antonyms: master

Main Entry: subject
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: one under authority of another
Synonyms: case, client, customer, dependent, guinea pig, liege, national, patient, serf, subordinate, vassal
Antonyms: master

Now, I don't see many canadians object being called "subjects" by another human being.
Let's contrast this to human relationships with God, who created everything.
In my opinion, the term "slave" is not even lowly enough to refer to ourselves in front of God. I mean, we are mere creation to Him. The term "slave" in the case means the ones who serve. Which is from the point of view of muslims is correct, because we are here to serve and worship Allah.
anyway, it's a figure of speech, or do you actually feel that you are enslaved by God that warrant your objection in us calling you a slave of Allah?

Also, I find it really ironic that you object to the term of us as "slaves of God" when you don't believe in the existance of God.
I think you need to make up your mind.

Pygoscelis
01-20-2011, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Now, I don't see many canadians object being called "subjects" by another human being.
Mostly because it is in name only. If the Queen of England actually came over and tried to direct things in Canada and tell anybody what to do, I think you'd see an awfully quick dumping of the monarch figurehead. And since you asked, I actually do think it would be a good idea to dump the monarch figurehead anyway. It is a black mark on Canada.

Also, I find it really ironic that you object to the term of us as "slaves of God" when you don't believe in the existance of God.
I don't object to the term. I find the use of it disturbing. What I find disturbing is that anybody would wish to enslave themselves, to anything or anyone, real or imagined. But as I said previously, that's just me.

Hamza Asadullah
01-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Mostly because it is in name only. If the Queen of England actually came over and tried to direct things in Canada and tell anybody what to do, I think you'd see an awfully quick dumping of the monarch figurehead. And since you asked, I actually do think it would be a good idea to dump the monarch figurehead anyway. It is a black mark on Canada.

I don't object to the term. I find the use of it disturbing. What I find disturbing is that anybody would wish to enslave themselves, to anything or anyone, real or imagined. But as I said previously, that's just me.
As Muslims we happily and willingly enslave ourselves to the Master of the universe and creator of all things - Allah.

When you hear the word "slave" your mind probably connects it to black slavery or the terrible ways in which slaves were treated in the past. Well it is not the same because those slaves were forced to enslave themselves to their masters and were treated very badly and sometimes tortured, starved and killed and for no reason, Whereas we are free to choose whether we want to enslave ourselves to our master or not. Another huge difference is that the master we are enslaved to actually created us and has given us everything we can see, touch, hear, sense and imagine.

Therefore why should we not enslave ourselves to the one and only when he has given us EVERYTHING imaginable?

We will happily be his slaves and servants for eternity prostrating to him with every opportunity. Lowering ourselves to the most high the one who is deserving of all praise. He is the most compassionate most merciful and we are honoured to worship and serve him and a slave feels the happiest when he has lowered his head to the floor to prostrate in front of his lord. That is when a slave is most closest to his lord.

Al Shifa
01-22-2011, 05:39 AM
The word in Arabic is Abd and Arabic is so enriched language that its single word gives a lot of meaings which cannot be described with a single word of English. You can translate it as servant or slave and the word servant in English also used for attendant, slave and worker. And the word Abd encopasses all these meanings. So don't be worried about the words of translations but understand the meanings between the lines and it will be clear, hopefully.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!