/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Three wishes

Laila-
01-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Lets say magically a genie appears right now and asks you for three wishes, which wishes would you ask for
Mine:
1) To regularly pray all my salahs
2) To pass all my examinations
3) To get back with my friend I haven't talked to for 5 months now
Now its your turn? let you imagination go wild! ;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Mine:

1. Ya Allah give this sister strength to control herself (as in last 20 minutes she has created 4+ thread and still creating :( )
2. Give me power to close/ delete them all
3. Give this sister an understanding that she can post in other threads also and there is no need of spamming the boards with new threads. :X

Laila-
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
errr...excuse me?? can u make duaaz like dat? LOL and I pray to Allah that he does not give you power to delete them coz it toke me long to make them so you better not or else... :P
And btw I am new you know I dont really know a lot of things about this Islamic forum, leave me alone I like the topics I posted, more interesting than your one I bet :D

S.Belle
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
1. neverending supply of bath and bodyworks products
2. get into culinary art school (and pay for it all with no prob)
3. 3 more wishes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Farjana
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
WAZIRII lol
1. to stay on the straight path
2. to past all the examinations of this life
3. to keep my parents happy

Lonely Gal
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
1. For my parents to be happy
2. my Brothers to respect they're wives and parents like they should
3. Me to be more devoted to the right path

Perseveranze
01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Lol Tilmeez.

1. Give me what you deem is good for me in this life and the hereafter.
2. Unite the Ummah and reduce the suffering.
3. Guide those who have gone astray.

GuestFellow
01-19-2011, 09:12 PM
:sl:

1. To be an admin of this forum...with unlimited powers.
2. To imprison all the mods for treason
3. To imprison all the members...for no reason.

Darth Ultor
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
1. Health and strength
2. Whenever I have to pay for something, I will always have that exact amount in my wallet or in the bank. This is mainly to get rid of my parents' debts.
3. To come up with an idea for a great fantasy novel and never have writer's block

Sawdah
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Why need a genie when Allah swt can provide you with all you need? Allah is indeed al-Razzaq (the Provider, the Sustainer). :)

40:65. He is the Ever Living, La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), so invoke Him making your worship pure for Him Alone (by worshipping Him Alone, and none else, and by doing righteous deeds sincerely for Allah's sake only, and not to show off, and not to set up rivals with Him in worship). All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

60:40. And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"

purple
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
  1. For Allah (SWT) to forgive for ALL my sins
  2. For ex husband to walk and play football with his kid
  3. For me to die and take me away from this depressing world if number one wish is fulfilled.
:wa:

Darth Ultor
01-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Why need a Genie for Allah to forgive your sins? You just need to sincerely repent and ask Him for forgiveness.

Mr Fussy
01-20-2011, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

1. To be an admin of this forum...with unlimited powers.
2. To imprison all the mods for treason
3. To imprison all the members...for no reason.
Hmmmmm I sure like the way your mind works, if it was not for the fact I have a bigger ego than you we could have ruled this forum together. But I refuse to share power with anyone :P

1. My late brother secures a place in Jannatul Firdaus
2. We all secure a place in Jannatul Firdaus
3. To imprison Guestfellow just for the fun of it :D

highway4
01-20-2011, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekerofJannah
Why need a genie when Allah swt can provide you with all you need? Allah is indeed al-Razzaq (the Provider, the Sustainer). :)

40:65. He is the Ever Living, La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), so invoke Him making your worship pure for Him Alone (by worshipping Him Alone, and none else, and by doing righteous deeds sincerely for Allah's sake only, and not to show off, and not to set up rivals with Him in worship). All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

60:40. And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"
:D Absolutely sis :D
Absoloutly sis

Laila-
01-20-2011, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway4
:D Absolutely sis :D
Absoloutly sis
Actually your right when I think about it, I feel stupid now coz a genie can give you three wishes but Allah (swt) can give you as many as you want, thanx for the reminder sis

Laila-
01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
1. Health and strength
2. Whenever I have to pay for something, I will always have that exact amount in my wallet or in the bank. This is mainly to get rid of my parents' debts.
3. To come up with an idea for a great fantasy novel and never have writer's block
I like your third wish, I hate it when I have writers block aswell, I was writing this novel last year and as I was about to finish I had writers block since then I havnt been bothered to finsih it!
I pray to Allah to help you to pay your parents debt and may Allah give you health and strength ameen

Endymion
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Dont feel bad Lailla,you are cute and so is your thread :statisfie

This thread and replies reminds me of something thoughtful and indeed funny.My Parents went to Hajj and there were other people who was having this expirience for the first time.A women got so much worried becoz of the crowd and made a call to his relative and ask him to go to the tomb of some holy person and make doaa for her safe and easy Hajj :D

Actually we humans make some mistakes that takes us to the right conclusion like Laila's thread made every body thinks that when we have Allah swt who have power of every thing,then why we need a jinny :hmm:
And silly things who lead us to wisdom should be allowed to happen :D

Im sure Laila is now safe from Tilmeez's power of removing threads :statisfie

Revert 2010
01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I'd ask for one thing if I had 3 wishes the same for each, but Subhan'Allah and he decrees everything : ).

GuestFellow
01-20-2011, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr Fussy
3. To imprison Guestfellow just for the fun of it :D

Your hurt my poor fweelings. imsad

Tilmeez
01-20-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila-
Im still upset that you deleted my other threads
Are you sure it was me? I think you received PMs from the one who deleted your threads.

And by the way next time before you delete my threads you better tell me before u delete them
How about you telling me before posting such threads again? I will inform all the other staff to get ready for some business :p

To have more power than you on this forum so I can rule and not you
Now this is something none of the staff knew: That we(the staff members) rule the forums. Wow, and they keep telling us we are mere HELPERS nothing more than that :(

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Im sure Laila is now safe from Tilmeez's power of removing threads
Yeah, Sure! None of my wish was granted otherwise.... Nothing man!

On the serious side:

Just take your time don't rush, I mean don't spam, understand the forums take out some time and read the rules and keep posting. We would love to see you around learning and teaching, Inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
And silly things who lead us to wisdom should be allowed to happen
And that is the reason this thread is still alive and no one deleted it. This making wish thing reminds me of a story Sad ibn abi Waqqas R.A told after battle of Uhud about Abdullah ibn Jahsh R.A. Let us leave Sad R.A to tell the story:

During the battle, Abdullah came to me and said, "Aren't you making a dua to God?'

"Yes," said I. So we moved aside and I prayed, "O Lord, when I meet the enemy, let me meet a man of enormous strength and fury. Then grant me victory over him that I might kill him and acquire spoils from him." To this my prayer, Abdullah said Ameen and then he prayed:

"Let me meet a man of great standing and enormous fury. I shall fight him for Your sake, O Lord, and he shall fight me. He shall take me and cut off my nose and ears and when I meet You on the morrow You will say, "For what were your nose and ear cut off?" And I would reply, "For Your sake and for the sake of Your Prophet." And then You would say, "You have spoken the truth . . ." Sad continues the story:

The prayer of Abdullah ibn Jahsh was better than mine. I saw him at the end of the day. He was killed and mutilated and in fact his nose and his ear were hung on a tree with a thread. God responded to the prayer of Abdullah ibn Jahsh and blessed him with martyrdom as He blessed his uncle, the Leader of Martyrs, Hamzah ibn Abdulmuttalib.

May Allah SWT give us the manners of making du'as.

Soulja Girl
01-20-2011, 08:16 PM

Just a reminder.. Please stay on topic, try not to say anything that'd hurt other's feelings & lastly, don't make silly wishes.. :-\

Darth Ultor
01-20-2011, 08:22 PM
On my second wish, the money only appears when you need to pay for something or give it to charity. It cannot be saved or counted for your pleasure.

yahia12
01-20-2011, 08:26 PM
so why would you wanna ask a genie? illusion concept. Just ask God. :)

Laila-
01-20-2011, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Are you sure it was me? I think you received PMs from the one who deleted your threads.
err....Sorry I dnt think it ws u then, I thought it was u coz last time u said u will delete the thread if I dnt stop posting so many

How about you telling me before posting such threads again? I will inform all the other staff to get ready for some business :p
telling you before? err...I dnt think so mate :D do u seriously think I have time to ask or tell u about my thread o.0, like cmon I dont have all the time in the world, I have better things to do than to to ask someone whether I can post something, what is the point of the whole posting thing if it can be easily deleted by mean and cruel staff? Im sorry but I really dnt like that rule that u guyz can delete posts just coz u dnt like it, its not like everyone has the same taste or same type of humor you know, but still I guess rules are rules, I'll try to get used to them (like I said I'll try to try :P)

Now this is something none of the staff knew: That we(the staff members) rule the forums. Wow, and they keep telling us we are mere HELPERS nothing more than that :(
Actually u guyz do kinda rule I mean being able to delete other people's posts is clearly showing that you guyz rule the forum WITHOUT WARNING THEM THAT YOU WILL DELETE IT

Yeah, Sure! None of my wish was granted otherwise.... Nothing man!
None of ur wish was granted?? Ha ha (sorry its kinda feels good coz one of my wish is already granted, actually..two of them is granted) My genie is way better than ur one :P

On the serious side:

Just take your time don't rush, I mean don't spam, understand the forums take out some time and read the rules and keep posting. We would love to see you around learning and teaching, Inshallah.

And that is the reason this thread is still alive and no one deleted it. This making wish thing reminds me of a story Sad ibn abi Waqqas R.A told after battle of Uhud about Abdullah ibn Jahsh R.A. Let us leave Sad R.A to tell the story:

During the battle, Abdullah came to me and said, "Aren't you making a dua to God?'

"Yes," said I. So we moved aside and I prayed, "O Lord, when I meet the enemy, let me meet a man of enormous strength and fury. Then grant me victory over him that I might kill him and acquire spoils from him." To this my prayer, Abdullah said Ameen and then he prayed:

"Let me meet a man of great standing and enormous fury. I shall fight him for Your sake, O Lord, and he shall fight me. He shall take me and cut off my nose and ears and when I meet You on the morrow You will say, "For what were your nose and ear cut off?" And I would reply, "For Your sake and for the sake of Your Prophet." And then You would say, "You have spoken the truth . . ." Sad continues the story:

The prayer of Abdullah ibn Jahsh was better than mine. I saw him at the end of the day. He was killed and mutilated and in fact his nose and his ear were hung on a tree with a thread. God responded to the prayer of Abdullah ibn Jahsh and blessed him with martyrdom as He blessed his uncle, the Leader of Martyrs, Hamzah ibn Abdulmuttalib.

May Allah SWT give us the manners of making du'as.
Okay, I'll try my best to read the rules (But its so long, I fell asleep last time I tried reading the rules, cant u make the rules shorter?) :D

Laila-
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Great now I did the whole replying thing wrong, guess it iwll take me time to t=get used to this forum
anyways...
Okay, I'll try my best to read the rules (But its so long, I fell asleep last time I tried reading the rules, cant u make the rules shorter?) :D
wrong

Cabdullahi
01-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Allah is not a genie!

stop watching Aladdin movies!

Laila-
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Allah is not a genie!

stop watching Aladdin movies!
I tried not to watch it but my little bro was watching so I had to watch it with him :P (not really) anyways I know allah is not a genie, I just posted it for fun mate

Laila-
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serdar
so why would you wanna ask a genie? illusion concept. Just ask God. :)
IDK I just felt like posting this genie thing, look I was bored okay? I didnt mean it and no its not an illusion concept, I just did it for fun, I know genie does not exist (Im not a little kid to believe in genie). I used to go on another forum before, and I posted something like this, tell you the truth I enjoyed there more because here people take things so seriously (especially the staff on the forum)

yahia12
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
IDK I just felt like posting this genie thing, look I was bored okay? I didnt mean it and no its not an illusion concept, I just did it for fun, I know genie does not exist (Im not a little kid to believe in genie). I used to go on another forum before, and I posted something like this, tell you the truth I enjoyed there more because here people take things so seriously (especially the staff on the forum)
so maybe you can do a wish that people doenst take this so seriously?? there we have. illusional and effective. :)

GuestFellow
01-20-2011, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Just a reminder.. Please stay on topic, try not to say anything that'd hurt other's feelings & lastly, don't make silly wishes.. :-\

If I had one more wish I would banish Crazy_Lady for giving good advice and trying to maintain peace and stability on this forum...such behaviour would not be tolerated in my ideal forum. <_<

elina
01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
1. I wish the chocolate in the fridge would stop calling me to come eat it
2. erm I said...I wish the chocolate in the fridge would stop calling me to come eat it
3. I wish I hadnt listened to the chocolate :D

S.Belle
01-20-2011, 11:31 PM
^ chocolate always wins lol

Mr Fussy
01-20-2011, 11:40 PM

Your hurt my poor fweelings. imsad
I'm sowie I hurt your poor fweelings. imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

:nervous::hiding:

If I had one more wish I would banish Crazy_Lady for giving good advice and trying to maintain peace and stability on this forum...such behaviour would not be tolerated in my ideal forum. <_<
;D

'Abd-al Latif
01-21-2011, 12:01 AM
:salamext:

Allah says in the Qur'an, "And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer)" [40:60]

And he says, “And when My slaves ask you concerning Me, then (say) I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.” [2:186].

If you did have a genie whom you believed could grant you what your heart desires, you would have committed major shirk and disbelieved in Allah. Only Allah has the power and ability to give and withhold.

“When our Messengers (the angels) come to them to take their souls, they will say: ‘Where are those whom you used to invoke and worship besides Allah,’they will reply, ‘They have vanished and deserted us. ‘And they will bear witness against themselves, that they were disbelievers.” [7: 37]

And who is in greater error than he who calls besides Allah upon those that will not answer him till the day of resurrection and they are heedless of their call? [46:6]

“Do they attribute as partners to Allah those who created nothing but they themselves are created? No help can they give them, nor can they help themselves. And if you call them to guidance, they follow you not. It is the same for you whether you call them or you keep silent. Verily, those whom you call upon besides Allah are slaves like you. So call upon them and let them answer you if you are truthful” [al-A’raaf 7:191-194]

“And whoever invokes (or worships), besides Allah, any other ilaah (god), of whom he has no proof; then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely, Al-Kaafiroon (the disbelievers in Allah and in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, pagans, idolaters) will not be successful”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:117]

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!