/* */

PDA

View Full Version : getting over lonelyness tips needed

S.Belle
01-20-2011, 03:43 AM
i feel just overwhelmingly sad i dont even know why no one has done anything to me but i just feel this way. im bored with myself and to be completely honest lonely i try doing many things throughtout the day and paste a smile on my face to just distract myself from getting into this funk of a mood but sometimes (like now) the sad/lonely feeling just resurfaces. i have no reason to even feel sad my life is not perfect but it could be loads worst its just..idk i feel so lonely at times

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-20-2011, 07:08 AM
:sl:
find a hobby?

alternatively you just have to roll with the punches and seek help from Allah.

Cabdullahi
01-20-2011, 10:32 AM
:wa::sl:
find a hubby?

alternatively hit the gym and punch some punch bags

S.Belle
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
go and take shower. usually its change my mood. after feeling i am clean and neat i feel a too happiness. lol
ok will try inshallah

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
find a hobby? alternatively you just have to roll with the punches and seek help from Allah.

argh im all hobbied out lol but i guess it wil distract me thanks sis

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
find a hubby? alternatively hit the gym and punch some punch bags

lol..are u serious or joking?....getting married isnt really an option at the moment maybe in about 2 years or so but now no.

Jazakallah Khair for the tips bros/sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
can't really overcome loneliness by remaining alone, so find some sisters to chill with and go out more often

S.Belle
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
can't really overcome loneliness by remaining alone, so find some sisters to chill with and go out more often

i moved to a new area and was homeschooled so i really dont know any sisters my age and most of the sisters I do know are older than me with husbands and I just dont wanna be a burden they have their lives and families maybe once I start college in a few I will meet nice sisters my age inshallah.
Jazakallah Khair bro

aadil77
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
^ in the mean time try seeing if theres any sisters halaqas at any masjids, you might meet some there

'Abd-al Latif
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
:salamext:

What is it that your heart truly desires that will fulfil this gap of emptiness, or at least lead the way to filling it? Dig deep down and be honest with yourself. Don't say to yourself what you should want, rather what you really want.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
whilst trying to improve emaan , if u feel lonely just spend time wiv ISLAMIC people/family.

that aways helps me wen i feel a bit empty inside.

Ansariyah
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Salam sis Mila

Do u visit ur local mosque? Some mosques have some programmes, halaqas for sistas. Or maybe u can join a class they run there once a week, like learning Quran or just Islamic Caligraphy not sure if they do things like that at ur mosque but u could find out inshaAllah.

When ur bored u should do wat makes u happy, learn something new. How about u go sigh'seeing leave early in the morning come home tired.:) Visit the zoo, or the aquarium.

S.Belle
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
What is it that your heart truly desires that will fulfil this gap of emptiness, or at least lead the way to filling it? Dig deep down and be honest with yourself. Don't say to yourself what you should want, rather what you really want.
Oh what i really desire there are so many things thats mainly one of the reasons im so sad bc im trying to understand my priorities in live and I end up confused bc sometimes what you want is not what you need...idk but there is one thing that I absolutely 100% know that I want and im making dua that I am able to achieve it inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
whilst trying to improve emaan , if u feel lonely just spend time wiv ISLAMIC people/family. that aways helps me wen i feel a bit empty inside.

yes i try to spend as much time with my family especially my mother we are extremely close but sometimes it just isnt enough

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Salam sis Mila Do u visit ur local mosque? Some mosques have some programmes, halaqas for sistas. Or maybe u can join a class they run there once a week, like learning Quran or just Islamic Caligraphy not sure if they do things like that at ur mosque but u could find out inshaAllah. When ur bored u should do wat makes u happy, learn something new. How about u go sigh'seeing leave early in the morning come home tired. Visit the zoo, or the aquarium.

Yes I visit masjid they offer classes for children to learn Quran but im unaware if they do activities for sisters my age or older I will check into it inshallah
Great idea sis I just feel like I need something new in my life and different maybe visiting different place will help me accomplish that

Jazakallah dear brothers and sisters I am so happy that you are helping me this makes me feel loads better alhamdulilah
May Allah Bless you all and raise you high in ranks
ameen

GuestFellow
01-20-2011, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
i feel just overwhelmingly sad i dont even know why no one has done anything to me but i just feel this way. im bored with myself and to be completely honest lonely i try doing many things throughtout the day and paste a smile on my face to just distract myself from getting into this funk of a mood but sometimes (like now) the sad/lonely feeling just resurfaces. i have no reason to even feel sad my life is not perfect but it could be loads worst its just..idk i feel so lonely at times

I'm studying by myself and it can get boring. I watch documentaries, read book/articles on Islam, learn Arabic, play computer games, box or pray...

Have you thought of getting a job? I'm looking for any temporary part time job and even though I got tons of rejections (lol), I still try to see it in a positive way...improved my CV, writing skills, job hunting skills, etc. Set high goals too, keeps you motivated.

I'm thinking of getting a pet cockatiel but I want to get a job first because I'm not sure if I can look after it. May be you should consider getting a pet?

Watch funny youtube videos...like this: Headzup: Hillary Clinton In Bosnia

^ Good for a laugh. : P

'Abd-al Latif
01-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Everyone has things that they need to do because it has significance and importance. But they also want to do things which may be trivial and unimportant but fulfilling this may have some personal significance. You have to balance both of these things in your life. Keeping yourself busy with things you have to do isn't going to solve all your problems because these feelings of sadness will eventually surface now and again.

You will do whatever it is that you need to do, but you also need focus on what you want to do i.e. focus on the self. I can't go in detail until I know what it is that you really need, but as a general guideline you need to focus on what you want because then you will be able to focus on what you need better.

Hope I'm not confusing you.

Oh what i really desire there are so many things thats mainly one of the reasons im so sad bc im trying to understand my priorities in live and I end up confused bc sometimes what you want is not what you need...idk but there is one thing that I absolutely 100% know that I want and im making dua that I am able to achieve it inshallah.

Cabdullahi
01-20-2011, 08:36 PM

i moved to a new area and was homeschooled so i really dont know any sisters my age and most of the sisters I do know are older than me with husbands and I just dont wanna be a burden they have their lives and families maybe once I start college in a few I will meet nice sisters my age inshallah.
Jazakallah Khair bro
get even! find a hubby

I'm just messing......sister befriend your good deeds and it will be sufficient for you insha'Allah

S.Belle
01-20-2011, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Have you thought of getting a job?

not possible my mom works long hours and my dad travels alot so i have to take care of my lil bro while the rents are gone

May be you should consider getting a pet?
again not possible thnks for advice though

Everyone has things that they need to do because it has significance and importance. But they also want to do things which may be trivial and unimportant but fulfilling this may have some personal significance. You have to balance both of these things in your life. Keeping yourself busy with things you have to do isn't going to solve all your problems because these feelings of sadness will eventually surface now and again. You will do whatever it is that you need to do, but you also need focus on what you want to do i.e. focus on the self. I can't go in detail until I know what it is that you really need, but as a general guideline you need to focus on what you want because then you will be able to focus on what you need better. Hope I'm not confusing you.

no i think i know what u mean
balance my needs and wants
dont distract myself from the sadness bc it will only resurface
focus on my wants bc it will help me focus better on my needs

but when the sadness resurfaces then what?...im really horrid at explaining/telling others my emotions... but its like im missing something but I dont know what and its frustrating.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
sister befriend your good deeds and it will be sufficient for you insha'Allah
inshallah

THnks again for the advice everyone

Hamza Asadullah
01-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum, Firstly my sister we must internalise the fact that the very purpose of our life is to worship Allah:

"I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 51, Verse 56

So therefore our main focus everyday should be to worship Allah as much as is possible becasue surely that is the purpose of this life and so that is what we should be spending our days doing. Almighty Allah also tells us what it is that will bring our hearts contentment, solace and peace that we are all looking for in everyday life:

"Verily! Only in the Zikr(remembrance) of Allah will your heart find peace." Quran (Surah 13: Verse 29)

So what you feel that is missing from your life is this peace, contentment and satisfaction which can ONLY be brought about by the constant remembrance and glorifcation of Allah. In order to remember Allah as much as possible throughout the day we need to spend our day worshipping him and doing everything to please him and refraining from anything which displeases him.

So the main focus of your everyday life must be that you establish more worship and by doing more worship you will remember Allah much more and in turn you will find satisfaction, peace, solace and contentment that you have been yearning for.

Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) urged us to use our time in a useful way when he said: “Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim)

He also indicated that we are to be asked about these times and how we invested them in the judgment day. Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “A servants two feet will not move on the Day of Judgement until he is questioned about four (things): His youth, how he spent it, his knowledge, how he acted upon it, his wealth, how he earned it and how he spent it and his body, how he used/wasted it.” ( Al-Tirmidhi)

Worship in ones youth is the best worship that one will do in all of ones lifetime and this is because of the fact that this is the time that one will have the most desires and this is the time when one has passion, drive, determination and energy. The youth must use all of these things in wanting to spend their time pleasing Allah and doing those actions which will benefit them forever and NOT wasting their time in useless talk or meetings and especially on social networks on the internet and video games all of which are of no benefit to one in this world or the next.

So since you are still in your youth then it is even more crucial NOT to waste ones youth on useless pursuits but in the worship of Allah so that one can be raised on the day of judgement as one who spent their youth in the worship of Allah.

The key to success in this life and the next is making the hereafter the MOST important thing to us and making it our main focus. If we constantly keep the hereafter as our main focus everyday of our lives and strive as much as we can everyday to ensure that each second is spent on building up our hereafter then we will not go wrong inshallah.

Ibn Masood said: “I have never regretted anything as a day spent of my life without doing good deeds.”

How many days have we had like this where we have completely wasted them? On the day of judgement we would want to go back so that we could gain the HUGE rewards that are available just for saying Subhanallah!

Bilal ibn ass’d once said: if we are asked: ‘‘do you want to die?’’, we answer ‘‘No’’; and if we are asked ‘‘why?’’ we reply ‘‘in order to repent ad do good deeds’’. However if it’s said to us ‘‘Ok then do good deeds’’ we say: ‘‘Yes I will do’’; we keep working for this life everyday and postponing working for the hereafter.

We CANNOT afford to waste a single second in this life wasting it on that which will give us no benefit in this world or the next. Once our focus becomes the hereafter then NOTHING else will matter. Even things that we do in this world like work, study, look after and provide for family, parents, wife children etc will be like worship for us because we will do them for the pleasure of Allah. Even going to the toilet can be a worship if done in accordance with the Sunnah. Our WHOLE life from sleeping, eating, going to sleep and even breathing can become reward and worship with the right intentions so let us not waste a second more.

A clever and intelligent person realises that they have such limited time in this world and therefore each second should be spent on doing that which will benefit them in the long term as oppose to in the short term. Short term gains are what we do for this world and long term gains are what we do for the hereafter. Now if we spend our lives living for this world then we will have gains which are so short lived and after we die what will we have for eternity? Whereas if we lived this life to a minimum and spent our entire lives working for the hereafter then we will benefit FOREVER!

This world is like a dream that will end at any moment and in the next world we will wake up from this dream and that is when reality will hit us but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. Our chance to act is NOW! Therefore we CANNOT waste a second more.

So you need to fill your time throughout the day in the constant worship of Allah and soon you will realise that thing that you felt was missing has been filled. What you have been searching for would have been found and it is ONLY found by pleasing Allah, worshipping him and constantly remembering him. Do everything in your day to please him and refrain from anything that angers or displeases him. You will find such an amazing feeling in your heart that you will realise this is what you have always been searching for.

Please use the following thread and threads pasted below to fill your day everyday in the constant worship and remembrance of Allah:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html

Set yourself certain goals and targets like for eg. you will complete 1 juz a day or half or quarter. Or you will remember one ayah of the Qur'an a day or you will read one page of an Islamic book a day or that you will do 500 Dhikr a day etc. Set yourself realistic goals for the day and stick to them. Remember Allah loves that deed which is done constantly and consistantly even though it may be small. So get into the habit of doing many good deeds throughout the day. Remember:

Never leave a good deed because of its difficulty for the difficulty will eventually go but the deed will remain forever!

Never commit a sin because of it's enjoyment for the enjoyment will eventually go but the sin will remain with you forever.

So spend your time each day everyday wisely because there may not be a tomorrow!

These articles wil help you to maximise the amount of good deeds you do everyday so you can get closer to Allah inshallah:

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html (10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith))

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html (30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!)

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html (Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!)

My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html (My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!)

10 steps to getting closer to Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ser-allah.html (10 steps to getting closer to Allah)

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!)

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!)

How much we will regret the precious seconds we wasted in this world!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ted-world.html

Wasting Time is worse than Death!

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...han-death.html

The Effects of Good deeds will remain forever!!!

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...n-forever.html

Want to see the REAL appearance of Almighty Allah everyday?

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-everyday.html

Here are some very beneficial lectures to increase your imaan and fear of Allah:

AMAZING short speech -"The Goodly Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

Remembrance: ask Allah for his forgiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EK9r3rMzQ

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

If you need anymore help or advice then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

'Abd-al Latif
01-21-2011, 09:49 AM
When your sadness surfaces, you need to ask yourself what it is that is causing you this sadness, depression and anxiety. I know it sounds like a daunting challenge, but ignoring them by keeping yourself busy with work or studies, catering towards the needs of others while neglecting your own and being out of touch with your own thoughts and feelings isn't the cure to your problem. And finding any temporary solace in these things shouldn't be confused with lasting peace.

Ask yourself what is it that you need, what is it that you want, what do you fear. You then need to identify their sources and find out how to over come them.

The fact that you did Hajj a couple of months ago should aid you tremendously in this task (I know, it feels like Hajj done was yeaaarrrs ago). You need to reminisce and remind yourself of what you felt during Hajj; the feeling of peace, tranquillity and serenity and the sense of total independence from the creation and being totally dependant upon Allah, a delight that can never be emulated by anything in this world. And that whatever or whomever you may have disliked, hated and felt enmity towards, you found yourself making du'aa for them.

You don't have to spill your thoughts and feelings if they are too personal on a public forum, but you can write them down, speak to a close friend and make it a goal for yourself to over come this obstacle.

And lastly, never forget du'aa. Remember Arafaat? “And when My slaves ask you concerning Me, then (say) I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.” [2:186].

no i think i know what u mean
balance my needs and wants
dont distract myself from the sadness bc it will only resurface
focus on my wants bc it will help me focus better on my needs

but when the sadness resurfaces then what?...im really horrid at explaining/telling others my emotions... but its like im missing something but I dont know what and its frustrating.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
when you get lonely you get bored and depressed and demotivated. sometimes the only way you get rid of this demotivation is if you have to commit to something. like an assignment you have to hand in by a certain deadline. so there has to be something actually pushing you to be preoccupied becuase when your lonely sometimes you just mope and be idle so you need to be pressured by something to get you going.

so perhaps try finding something that requires you to put pressure/stress (in a good way) on yourself that will compel you to get moving and preoccupied. if you have it in you, how about start business?

i hope that made sense.

S.Belle
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum, Firstly my sister we must internalise the fact that the very purpose of our life is to worship Allah: "I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 51, Verse 56 So therefore our main focus everyday should be to worship Allah as much as is possible becasue surely that is the purpose of this life and so that is what we should be spending our days doing. Almighty Allah also tells us what it is that will bring our hearts contentment, solace and peace that we are all looking for in everyday life: "Verily! Only in the Zikr(remembrance) of Allah will your heart find peace." Quran (Surah 13: Verse 29) So what you feel that is missing from your life is this peace, contentment and satisfaction which can ONLY be brought about by the constant remembrance and glorifcation of Allah. In order to remember Allah as much as possible throughout the day we need to spend our day worshipping him and doing everything to please him and refraining from anything which displeases him. So the main focus of your everyday life must be that you establish more worship and by doing more worship you will remember Allah much more and in turn you will find satisfaction, peace, solace and contentment that you have been yearning for. Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) urged us to use our time in a useful way when he said: “Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim) He also indicated that we are to be asked about these times and how we invested them in the judgment day. Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “A servants two feet will not move on the Day of Judgement until he is questioned about four (things): His youth, how he spent it, his knowledge, how he acted upon it, his wealth, how he earned it and how he spent it and his body, how he used/wasted it.” ( Al-Tirmidhi) Worship in ones youth is the best worship that one will do in all of ones lifetime and this is because of the fact that this is the time that one will have the most desires and this is the time when one has passion, drive, determination and energy. The youth must use all of these things in wanting to spend their time pleasing Allah and doing those actions which will benefit them forever and NOT wasting their time in useless talk or meetings and especially on social networks on the internet and video games all of which are of no benefit to one in this world or the next. So since you are still in your youth then it is even more crucial NOT to waste ones youth on useless pursuits but in the worship of Allah so that one can be raised on the day of judgement as one who spent their youth in the worship of Allah. The key to success in this life and the next is making the hereafter the MOST important thing to us and making it our main focus. If we constantly keep the hereafter as our main focus everyday of our lives and strive as much as we can everyday to ensure that each second is spent on building up our hereafter then we will not go wrong inshallah. Ibn Masood said: “I have never regretted anything as a day spent of my life without doing good deeds.” How many days have we had like this where we have completely wasted them? On the day of judgement we would want to go back so that we could gain the HUGE rewards that are available just for saying Subhanallah! Bilal ibn ass’d once said: if we are asked: ‘‘do you want to die?’’, we answer ‘‘No’’; and if we are asked ‘‘why?’’ we reply ‘‘in order to repent ad do good deeds’’. However if it’s said to us ‘‘Ok then do good deeds’’ we say: ‘‘Yes I will do’’; we keep working for this life everyday and postponing working for the hereafter. We CANNOT afford to waste a single second in this life wasting it on that which will give us no benefit in this world or the next. Once our focus becomes the hereafter then NOTHING else will matter. Even things that we do in this world like work, study, look after and provide for family, parents, wife children etc will be like worship for us because we will do them for the pleasure of Allah. Even going to the toilet can be a worship if done in accordance with the Sunnah. Our WHOLE life from sleeping, eating, going to sleep and even breathing can become reward and worship with the right intentions so let us not waste a second more. A clever and intelligent person realises that they have such limited time in this world and therefore each second should be spent on doing that which will benefit them in the long term as oppose to in the short term. Short term gains are what we do for this world and long term gains are what we do for the hereafter. Now if we spend our lives living for this world then we will have gains which are so short lived and after we die what will we have for eternity? Whereas if we lived this life to a minimum and spent our entire lives working for the hereafter then we will benefit FOREVER! This world is like a dream that will end at any moment and in the next world we will wake up from this dream and that is when reality will hit us but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. Our chance to act is NOW! Therefore we CANNOT waste a second more. So you need to fill your time throughout the day in the constant worship of Allah and soon you will realise that thing that you felt was missing has been filled. What you have been searching for would have been found and it is ONLY found by pleasing Allah, worshipping him and constantly remembering him. Do everything in your day to please him and refrain from anything that angers or displeases him. You will find such an amazing feeling in your heart that you will realise this is what you have always been searching for. Please use the following thread and threads pasted below to fill your day everyday in the constant worship and remembrance of Allah: 30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives! http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html (30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!) Set yourself certain goals and targets like for eg. you will complete 1 juz a day or half or quarter. Or you will remember one ayah of the Qur'an a day or you will read one page of an Islamic book a day or that you will do 500 Dhikr a day etc. Set yourself realistic goals for the day and stick to them. Remember Allah loves that deed which is done constantly and consistantly even though it may be small. So get into the habit of doing many good deeds throughout the day. Remember: Never leave a good deed because of its difficulty for the difficulty will eventually go but the deed will remain forever! Never commit a sin because of it's enjoyment for the enjoyment will eventually go but the sin will remain with you forever. So spend your time each day everyday wisely because there may not be a tomorrow! These articles wil help you to maximise the amount of good deeds you do everyday so you can get closer to Allah inshallah: 10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith) (10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith))http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html (10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)) 30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives! (30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!)http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html (30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!) Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales! (Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!)http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html (Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!) My Daily Ibadah (worship) check! (My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!)http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html (My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!) 10 steps to getting closer to Allah (10 steps to getting closer to Allah)http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ser-allah.html (10 steps to getting closer to Allah) Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday! (Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!)http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!) VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday! http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!) How much we will regret the precious seconds we wasted in this world! http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ted-world.html (How much we will regret the precious seconds we wasted in this world!) Wasting Time is worse than Death! http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...han-death.html (Wasting Time is worse than Death!) The Effects of Good deeds will remain forever!!! http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...n-forever.html (The effects of Good deeds will remain forever!!!) Want to see the REAL appearance of Almighty Allah everyday? http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-everyday.html (Want to see the REAL appearance of Almighty Allah everyday?) Here are some very beneficial lectures to increase your imaan and fear of Allah: AMAZING short speech -"The Goodly Life" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc Remembrance: ask Allah for his forgiveness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EK9r3rMzQ Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg If you need anymore help or advice then please do not hesitate to ask. And Allah knows best in all matters

Jazakallah Khair bro Hamza81 all this info is very wonderful and I will go thru it all very carefully inshallah. I do need to strengthen my relationship with ALlah I use to do so many things to get closer to Him it is time for me to build that strong connection again so I want waste any time and regret it once its too late.

When your sadness surfaces, you need to ask yourself what it is that is causing you this sadness, depression and anxiety. I know it sounds like a daunting challenge, but ignoring them by keeping yourself busy with work or studies, catering towards the needs of others while neglecting your own and being out of touch with your own thoughts and feelings isn't the cure to your problem. And finding any temporary solace in these things shouldn't be confused with lasting peace. Ask yourself what is it that you need, what is it that you want, what do you fear. You then need to identify their sources and find out how to over come them. The fact that you did Hajj a couple of months ago should aid you tremendously in this task (I know, it feels like Hajj done was yeaaarrrs ago). You need to reminisce and remind yourself of what you felt during Hajj; the feeling of peace, tranquillity and serenity and the sense of total independence from the creation and being totally dependant upon Allah, a delight that can never be emulated by anything in this world. And that whatever or whomever you may have disliked, hated and felt enmity towards, you found yourself making du'aa for them. You don't have to spill your thoughts and feelings if they are too personal on a public forum, but you can write them down, speak to a close friend and make it a goal for yourself to over come this obstacle. And lastly, never forget du'aa. Remember Arafaat? “And when My slaves ask you concerning Me, then (say) I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.” [2:186].
Jazakallah Khair for help as well bro 'Abd-al Latif you are right I focus so much on others and keeping myself distrated that it isnt helping but only hurting me. I need to do some self reflecting.
And I have not been to Hajj it was my aunt and her husband that went. Please make dua me and my family will be able to go inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
when you get lonely you get bored and depressed and demotivated. sometimes the only way you get rid of this demotivation is if you have to commit to something. like an assignment you have to hand in by a certain deadline. so there has to be something actually pushing you to be preoccupied becuase when your lonely sometimes you just mope and be idle so you need to be pressured by something to get you going. so perhaps try finding something that requires you to put pressure/stress (in a good way) on yourself that will compel you to get moving and preoccupied. if you have it in you, how about start business? i hope that made sense.
Jazakallah Khair dear sis I will get motivated and build a stronger connection with Allah inshallah...and starting a business uhh goodness i would not know where to start but once I start/finish school and have some experience maybe I will start a catering company...or open a resturant inshallah.

Jazakallah Khair for everyones helpful advice may Allah bless you.

Ramadhan
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Jazakallah Khair dear sis I will get motivated and build a stronger connection with Allah inshallah...and starting a business uhh goodness i would not know where to start but once I start/finish school and have some experience maybe I will start a catering company...or open a resturant inshallah.
So you want to be a chef?
You are in the USA right? I hope you are planning to go to CIA (Culinary Institute of America). I heard it's the best culinary school, this what I get from watching too much "Top Chef", which is one of my favorite TV shows :embarrass

S.Belle
01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
So you want to be a chef? You are in the USA right? I hope you are planning to go to CIA (Culinary Institute of America). I heard it's the best culinary school, this what I get from watching too much "Top Chef", which is one of my favorite TV shows

Yes inshallah, I live in the USA and I'm either going there or Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts...whichever one is cheaper really lol they both are pretty expensive but in the end I know its worth every penny and it want be a waste inshallah
Thats the best show ever alongside Iron Chef America.

GuestFellow
01-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Yes inshallah, I live in the USA and I'm either going there or Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts...whichever one is cheaper really lol they both are pretty expensive but in the end I know its worth every penny and it want be a waste inshallah
Thats the best show ever alongside Iron Chef America.

o_o I don't think you meant that

S.Belle
01-21-2011, 05:25 PM
o_o I don't think you meant that
meant what explain please?

When I say waste its just I know some people who went to school for so many years and dont work in the field they majored in..to be exact both of my uncles did this one even went to a really great uni for 6 years and he does not even do what he went to school for to me that seems like a waste of money and time.
When I go to school I want to work in the field that I went to school for and not waste my time or my parents money. It is the main reason why i took a year break from school after I graduated hs i had so many things in mind that I just could not decide but alhamdulilah this is one of the things that I know I want.

GuestFellow
01-22-2011, 12:36 AM

meant what explain please?

When I say waste its just I know some people who went to school for so many years and dont work in the field they majored in..to be exact both of my uncles did this one even went to a really great uni for 6 years and he does not even do what he went to school for to me that seems like a waste of money and time.
When I go to school I want to work in the field that I went to school for and not waste my time or my parents money. It is the main reason why i took a year break from school after I graduated hs i had so many things in mind that I just could not decide but alhamdulilah this is one of the things that I know I want.

Oh sorry I got confused...I think I may needed glasses. :skeleton:

Insecured soul
01-22-2011, 12:45 AM
I dont know if there is something u miss in ur life or what, try not to think much, keep ur mind focused and just live, there are many like you and know
that there are phases in life, good and bad, and as others suggested try to find a hobby but dont waste much time on it and constantly be in allahs dhikr

walaikum salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!