/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imam calls for Muslim British armed forces boycott

GuestFellow
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
:sl:

A Birmingham Imam has said that Muslims should not fight in the British armed forces on conscientious grounds due to their presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Share your views!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-24-2011, 01:44 PM

Shaykh Asrar Rashid, a visiting cleric at the city's mosques, also told the BBC the Queen was "a disgusting woman" for knighting author Salman Rushdie.
I never knew the Queen knighted Salman Rushdie until I read this article. o.o

The Muslim Council of Britain said the Imam's views were not representative.
I think the Imam's views are representative...most Muslims I've met are against the war and would not consider joining the Army.

Ramadhan
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
are british armed forces still in Afghanistan and Iraq?

If yes, then it is haram to join the british armed forces.

Can't remember which Quran verses (maybe at taubah?) but it is definitely haram to join kuffar/musyriqeen army to fight muslims, and especially in an unjust war.

aamirsaab
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
are british armed forces still in Afghanistan and Iraq?

If yes, then it is haram to join the british armed forces.

Can't remember which Quran verses (maybe at taubah?) but it is definitely haram to join kuffar/musyriqeen army to fight muslims, and especially in an unjust war.
The bolded part is the real issue I think. As muslims, we're supposed to stand up against injustice; actively participating in either the Iraq or Afghanistan illegal war is complete opposite of that. So I don't think anyone should be signing up to participate in either of those wars, regardless of their religious affiliation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Agree with the Imam. Why fight in a war like that, the only one's that pay the price are innocents and most of them are your own Muslim brothers and sisters.

tigerkhan
01-24-2011, 03:28 PM
u are talking of British, i am suspicious about pakistan army.... ALLAH SWT knows is it ok to do job in pak army or not ? actually i think now a days since doing job in army in just for the sake of money. and i think there are many more ways to earn it, y to put ur life in danger. if one died fighting with muslims, i dont know in which category ALLAH SWT put him...?

Muezzin
01-25-2011, 08:02 PM
How exactly does one boycott an army?

Sigma
01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, I can't say I disagree with him. It's not like the war is for a just cause.

M.I.A.
01-25-2011, 09:03 PM
the British armed forces in comparison to most are a little less tyranical.. even as imperialists they were gentlemen of sorts.

im a British born muslim and i think that the hardest thing to do would be to go to a muslim country to fight in a war against muslims.. but if i went out there, the safety would always be on.
...im probably a liability to those around me so i doubt il be joining anytime soon though lol

i think i would possibly join as a medic, i have heard that they operate a non discriminatory policy on the injured they treat.
...not sure about combatants but civilians at least.

real life does not work as the rose tinted pharagraphes above would indicate, id be dead no matter which side i fought for..not really a killing person.

سيف الله
01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Salaam

The only reason that British are a little less tyranical is because they are a declining power, there last attempt to act as a bona fida 'Imperial power' was the invasion of Egypt in 1956 which ended in failure. Confirming their decline as a 'great power'.

I personally wouldnt serve in an army unless its purpose was to defend its inhabitants. The British army has in far too many instances has been was used to fight imperial wars in far off places (with Iraq, Afghanistan being the latest examples).

That pretty much rules me out.

YusufNoor
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM

it hardly matters WHAT nation whose army you join, you will end up fighting to ENFORCE the FINANCIAL SLAVERY of the IMF and the World Bank.

remember, you will face Allah in the end.

:wa:

M.I.A.
01-26-2011, 02:00 AM
never mind, i guess my concept of my religion is mine alone. i have tried my best not to escalate the situation. after all my religion has imparted me with nothing that would relate to success.
i cant talk down anybody with an rpg, there is only one side that i can try to fight for..to inforce any change upon.
if we persist in thinking all muslims go to heaven and all others go to hell then maybe we have not remembered the numerous threads that we post in everyday.. we have learned nothing.

teach a man how not to kill himself or get himself killed and he would tell others right?
teach a man how to avoid traps and he would tell others.

unfortunately i am not talking about how battle works or ied's, im talking about the conflict we send upon each other before we even pick up weapons, what transgression of bounds is, how to avoid situations where you are lured into making mistakes.. the list goes on and on and on.

the quran tells that god never changes, the laws imposed still stand today.. just because you cant remember them does not make them any less real.

we are told to visit the sick, what use is it to visit the sick if you add to there sickness?

who is the sickness from and who is the shafaa from? allah swt, but only one can have shafaa attributed to him(god)... the other one can only claim the sickness(devil)

everything you learn about islam should reinforce another aspect of islam, see the religion for what it is.

i wanted to be rich, but it costs too much.
i wanted wisdom and now i am stupid... wont back you up anywhere.
i wanted strength..i know the losses i impose upon yours will be imposed upon mine.

i wanted to see how the world works, so i shut myself out and watched for years.. you are still the same and hell bent on competition and insolence.. if you cared for your brother you would have known which mistakes cost him... pride kills and nobody ever learns from pride.

but each to his own i do not care any more so i dont even speak, why speak when all you have is failure to show for it?

so yep the devil will try and convince you of everything, seize your tongue, your hands and feet today before allah shows you what you did tommorrow.. not what you did, what you really did.

its the same everywhere i go, people merrily going around and adding to hell.. who controls hell?
but who really controls hell?
but who stays in hell?

imagine starting of with 100% when you leave this place, i dont know what floor your going to. dont know who wanted you to do what, who runs this place?

heaven is not here, if it is.. i dont know what you did to attain it.
in this place it costs too much..
or you have suffered too much.

the prophet peace and blessings be upon him said to the jews, if you believe then long for death.
so understand death, it does not pass anybody by.. but he peace and blessings be upon him also told what to do with your limited life aswell.

sometimes it is harder to live than it is to die.

rant over, love venting sometimes.. and then i post it on here :)

ardianto
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Java island, 1946. A group of Muslim soldiers from Indian division 'crossed the border' and gave their weapons to their enemy, the Indonesian armed forces. They did it because the did not want to fight their Muslim brothers.

Okay, they were Indians, but they fought under command of their master, Great Britain.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!