/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Broken Heart?

ehha
01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Assalamulikum

I've never experienced this much grief in my life before. I got engaged few months ago literally to the man of my dreams. We were going to get married very soon and few weeks before the wedding he broke it off and he does not have any reason for it. It has been a month and im trying to move on with my life but I cant seem to get over it. I just put my trust in Allah. My heart really aches, and I cry soo much and I get soo much anxiety I dont know what to do.

your sis

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
01-24-2011, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ehha
Assalamulikum

I've never experienced this much grief in my life before. I got engaged few months ago literally to the man of my dreams. We were going to get married very soon and few weeks before the wedding he broke it off and he does not have any reason for it. It has been a month and im trying to move on with my life but I cant seem to get over it. I just put my trust in Allah. My heart really aches, and I cry soo much and I get soo much anxiety I dont know what to do.

your sis
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for sharing your issues with us. I just want to ask you a few questions sister so that i can understand your situation better. Did you have a relationship with him and if so for how long before this took place? What was his reasons for wanting to break off the engagement and what lead to that decision?

Dagless
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Assalamulikum

your sis
It is sad, but if he does not care for you enough to even give you a reason then how can he be the man of your dreams? It's quite a bad way to treat someone. In time you'll get over it and find someone who is better insha'Allah.

'Abd-al Latif
01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Assalamulikum

your sis
:salamext:

It's extremely painful to suffer from a broken heart. The anguish and anxiety can be truly excruciating causing constant restlessness and stress. Dear sister, I sympathise with you. At this moment you are probably suffering from an intense heart ache, confusion, anger and hurt that has probably overwhelmed you. But despite all that has happened, regardless of how hurtful it may be, know that someone better is waiting for you, and that this is a test from Allah, and whomsoever Allah loves He puts him to a test. And tests are like a medicine, even though they taste bitter you give it the one whom you love.

I want to quote to you a beautiful hadeeth of the Prophet (:saws1:) and I want you to ponder over it, may Allah grant you ease and grant you much better than what you have lost.

In saheeh Muslim (918) it is narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah (:saws1:) say: “There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allah has enjoined – "Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better" – but Allah will compensate him with something better.” She said: When Abu Salamah died, I said: Who among the Muslims is better than Abu Salamah, the first household to migrate to join the Messenger of Allah (:saws1:)? Then I said it, and Allah compensated me with the Messenger of Allah (:saws1:).

Abu Salamah was the husband of Umm Salamah, and look who Allah rewarded her with for her patience. Every cloud has a silver lining, and after every hardship there is ease.

...Grieve not, surely Allah is with us... [9:40]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
:salamext:

might give u a few tips insha' Allah;

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...rt-broken.html

Insecured soul
01-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Assalamulikum

your sis
Walekum sister,

May be people can understand what your going through but your life is not over yet, allah gives something and "test's" and he takes something and "test's"

so in the end just test, you have to be sabiruun also if he broke it then why would u want that guy back anyway?

just give a little time, everything will become normal. do salaah with khushu and a lot of dhikr, may be this is a time you should become very close to allah subhanawataa'la.

Rafeeq
01-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Elikum Salam,

Time heals every wound. Just wait some time and thing will be normal back.

IF he doesn't cares you, don't think of him. Offer Sala (Prayer) and ask Allah for His help.

We are are praying for you.

:sl:

cat eyes
01-27-2011, 06:17 PM
:sl:
Time is a healer and you will get over him in time. i know it does not matter what anybody else tells you, no body can take this pain away but inshallah i hope you move on and find somebody better.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!