/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about hell

greenvalley
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Assalaam to all,

A friend of mine asked me this question:

" How can eternal punishment in hell for the sins of a limited life be justified ? "

How can I answer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YM Usrah Umar
04-14-2011, 10:09 PM
it depends what sins they do

Ubeyde
04-14-2011, 10:43 PM
It can be justified because Allah, The Exalted The Most High, has shown and given clear signs so that people who seek Truth and people of understanding will come to know.

Allah Ta'ala does not judge beyond a certain person's capability, and each and every person is accountable for his/her actions on this Dunya.

So you should answer:

"It is because people have been given countless clear signs and Prophets (alayhimus Salam) and it is up to those who seek them as to accept Islam and accept Allah's Decree and to live life as shown by the Nabi Sallahu Alayhi Wasalam. Each and every action takes us to the Hellfire unless it is done as the Prophet Sallahu Alayhi wasalam instructed and tought. Therefore, an entire lifetime of actions, be-it great or small, will not help anyone unless it is done for the purpose of pleasing Allah ta'ala. Allah Ta'ala through His Mercy has shown the people of every generation clear signs so that they may know and worship only Him, if they reject, then the Hellfire is their abode. They shall have no one to blame but themselves."

selsebil
04-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Scholar Bediuzzaman Said Nursi RA explains this in Risale-i Nur:

"Belief bears the seed of a sort of Paradise, while unbelief conceals the seed of a sort of Hell. And just as unbelief is a seed of Hell, so Hell is one of its fruits. And just as unbelief is the reason for being sent to Hell, so it is the cause of Hell’s existence and creation. For if an insignificant ruler of small dignity, small pride, and small majesty is told impudently by some unmannerly person: “You may not punish me and you cannot,” if there is no prison in that place, the ruler will certainly have one built for him and will throw him into it. However, by denying Hell, the unbeliever is giving the lie to One of infinite dignity, pride, and glory, Who is sublimely and infinitely powerful, and is accusing Him of impotence, lying, and powerlessness; he is insulting His dignity and offending His pride terribly. He is rebelliously causing affront to His glory. If, to suppose the impossible, there was no reason for Hell’s existence, it would certainly be created for unbelief, which comprises denial and ascribing impotence to this degree, and such an unbeliever would certainly be cast into it.

Reckoning a year to be three hundred and sixty-five days, the law of justice requires for a one-minute murder seven million eight hundred and eighty-four thousand minutes imprisonment. So, since one minute’s unbelief is like a thousand murders, according to the law of human justice, someone who lives a life of twenty years in unbelief and dies in that state deserves imprisonment for fifty-seven billion, two hundred and one thousand two hundred million years. It may be understood from this how conformable with Divine justice is the verse,

"They will dwell therein for ever."

The reason for the connection between these two numbers, so far from one another, is this: since murder and unbelief are destruction and aggression, they have an effect on others. A murder which takes one minute negates on average at least fifteen years of the victim’s life, so the murderer is imprisoned in their place. While since one minute of unbelief denies a thousand and one Divine Names and denigrates their inscriptions, violates the rights of the universe and denies its perfections, and gives the lie to innumerable evidences of Divine Unity and rejects their testimony, the unbeliever is cast down to the lowest of the low for more than a thousand years, and “dwells” in imprisonment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
04-15-2011, 09:44 AM
a short and simple answer is that;

First of all keep in mind this;

1. Allah(swt) is the All Knowing All Wise.
2. Allah(swt) is Just, and doesn't Wrong any soul.
3. Allah(swt) doesn't destroy a person, people until clear signs come to them, showing right from wrong and informing them of the consequence of their choices.

Thus;

The reason why they'll abide in hell fire for eternity is that, had they continued to live in this dunya for eternity, they would have continued on their disbelieve and continued in their sinning.

Allah(swt) knows best!

Ummu Sufyaan
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
easy. becuase Allah says so.

if someone worked somewhere (eg a restraunt), for a certain period of time and intentionally poisoned the food and people died, and therefore he/she was sentenced to prison for life, what do they get imprisoned for? the time they spent working in the restaurant or for the crime they committed.

JOHNJOHN
04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Hello

I was always wondering how can we burnt in hell for ever ?

I do not know really but did all the prophetes and Messengers of God talk about the hell ?

Flame of Hope
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
The reason why they'll abide in hell fire for eternity is that, had they continued to live in this dunya for eternity, they would have continued on their disbelieve and continued in their sinning.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
if someone worked somewhere (eg a restraunt), for a certain period of time and intentionally poisoned the food and people died, and therefore he/she was sentenced to prison for life, what do they get imprisoned for? the time they spent in prison or for the crime they committed.
Excellent points! Makes a lot of sense to me. :thumbs_up

YM Usrah Umar
04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JOHNJOHN

I was always wondering how can we burnt in hell for ever ?

I do not know really but did all the prophetes and Messengers of God talk about the hell ?

some ppl will stay ther forever, some wont, its up to our lord

all prophets warned ther ppl about the punishment and the hellfire, my friend

tigerkhan
04-16-2011, 04:01 PM
simple answer can be...
exam is of limited time, but who fail will be fail for ever.

tigerkhan
04-16-2011, 04:03 PM
^ in wordly exams we have 2nd chance but there is no 2nd chance in this exam.

JOHNJOHN
04-17-2011, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
some ppl will stay ther forever, some wont, its up to our lord

all prophets warned ther ppl about the punishment and the hellfire, my friend

Hi YM Usrah Umar,

The prophete Mohamed, in the Quran and Hadiths we have the description of hell.

Can you tell me if the previous phophetes and messengers described the hell as is by muslims ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!